Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Berrick Barnes poised to join NSW Waratahs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    just watching Foxsports and apparently the deal between the Tahs and Barnes "only took a few days to settle"
    Posted via Mobile Device
    If that's true, it proves what a gutless cat Berrick Barnes may really be. To lead Qld on for 4 months is unforgiveable.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    If that's true, it proves what a gutless cat Berrick Barnes may really be. To lead Qld on for 4 months is unforgiveable.
    Thats a touch harsh but I understand your disappointment. But it is possible that the opportunity from the Tahs probably only really developed proper when Tahu jumped ship and that tipped the scales.

vCash
    Look at the bright side tic, despite his undeniable skill, QLD will probably be better off in the long term. You can't give your best if your heart isn't in it.

vCash
    I'm pretty disappointed with some of the quotes the West article has attributed to Berrick......particularly the ones about growing up and stepping up....how the hell can you do either of those things if you leave the club in trouble and go to a club which has many of the issues solved.

I reckon this will be a signing with approximately as much value as Giteau to the Force......it was an easy decision, possibly motivated by money, or an easy path to the finals, I guess it'll be so much sweeter when the backline doesn't see the ball for another season and they don't improve.

Digby will go next, he's notorious for feathering his nest at the expense of his teammates! I hope the junior talent pool in Qld can handle the pressure of stepping up so soon!

C'mon the

vCash
    Digby to the REAL MADRID.... Digby's done the whole Force John MItchell thing...

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    One year deal? Methinks Barnes will be a certain starter in the new Melbourne team come 2011...look out for some ridiculous 3rd party deal and them failing to pay up leaving him frustrated and then moving back to his original club after a couple of years...hmmm

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    I've got to agree. The Reds made it known from the start that he was a "required player" and it appeared that were bending over backwards in changes to various structures at the QRU in an attempt to get his signature and now this after an apparent "few days of negotiation" really is a stab in the back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    Thats the spirit! Queensland has talent and they won't stay down for ever.
    This could be a proverbial defining moment with a new crop of players playing for state pride. Players that want to play for Queensland and will be very willing out on the paddock. Look at their play last season - a bit erratic, but they at least had a crack and tried to play attacking entertaining rugby. If Digby loses the teflon hands, things could go horribly well for the Reds. I would not be giving them up as a lost cause.
    the sad thing is, the exact same thing has been said the last few years, when sharpe left, when moore left, when mitchell left....

I doubt Digby will remain in QLD now, i suspect he may be headed South

I guess the best thing to come out of this is that it will hopefully give the QRU a real kick up the arse and get a complete cleanout and restructure of the organisation.

Bring in John Eales!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    The sad truth is that Berrick Barnes with his exceptional kicking game would probably do really well at the Tahs.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    With a strong forward pack in front of him and playing dedicated 10 he could promote a structure change in the Wallabies. Meaning the worlds best 12 could reprise his position within the Wallabies for the next world cup.

Not happy with the situation just looking for the Silver lining in a very murky situation.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.a...oryName=592047

"Ioane may follow Barnes to the Waratahs

30th July 2009, 15:21 WST

After another day of drama, the reeling Queensland Reds are braced for another gut-wrenching Super 14 defection with strike weapon Digby Ioane admitting he could follow Berrick Barnes to the NSW Waratahs.

Ioane indicated all bets were off on Thursday just an hour after Queensland Rugby Union chief executive Ken Freer announced his resignation.

The powerful three-quarter, who had a handshake deal with Freer to stay at Ballymore, could opt to follow playmaker Barnes south next week.

While he was keen to stick with the Super 14 battlers, Ioane told AAP that Barnes' surprise decision put a new light on his prolonged contract negotiations.

The injured Wallabies flyer, worried the Reds backline would be affected by Barnes' departure, said he would "weigh up" his future again this weekend."

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    pretty much what i expected...

if i was digby, i would probably head south

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Yep, I guess most would. It still sucks though.

Champion
    vCash
    Digby is about as loyal as a prostiute, as us Western Force supporters no..

Time for me to edit my last addition to this thread and say "HOPE HORWILL & BRAID & OTHER REDS FORWARDS RUN OVER THE TOP OF BARNES & DIGBY LIKE A STEAM TRAIN".

Be a bit of biff i say when the Tahs head to Red Country in 2010.

Player
    vCash
    Should make for a hell of a NSW vs QLD derby. There will be even more spite than usual. FANASTIC.

---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:46 ----------

And in regards to the whole subject of Loyalty that seems to be the underlying issue in regards to Barnes. Weren't the Force the benficary of the lack of loyalty from Queensland what 5 years ago.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast