Thread: EWF Awards Night 03.07.2009. The Southside Engineering Report.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash

EWF Awards Night 03.07.2009. The Southside Engineering Report.

Well another fun night was had by all. Firstly my thanks to the CEO/MD and all round sweaty sock of Southside Engineering, Tef for his largesse and hospitality.
    Night started off slowly, ie a couple of racing pints in Paddys before hand then into the fray.
    Table numbers seemed to be down on last year but understandable in todays economic climate. Vern Reid kicked off proceedings and seems like he knows his stuff.
    A good intro speech thanking past employees ( Harris) and departing players for their efforts and stating once your a Forceman you remain a Forceman and you are always welcome back.
    Format was a different from proceeding years with Sharpie and Cummins doing a double mcing gig and bringing up a few players for little interviews. Not bad and with Nick coming across with a sense of humour drier than a dog turd.

Dinner starts and it is apparent that one, the women have decided that they may possibly drink all the Champhers in the house while the men take a fancy to the Barwick Estates 05 Shiraz while still quaffable would not hold a candle to our Hunter View Shiraz. Obviously Barwick is still trying to recover from Jediknight pulling the pin!

Most players in attendance except for Tai, Spanner and AJ who is back home in Grafton and in hospital and suffering some sort of infection.
    Awards given out with Pek Cowan the Forceman award, members MVP Dave Pocock, JOC the Rising Star award and then Matt Hodgson receiving the major gong.

Half way through the night and im going well. Drinking Heiniken and White Stag stubbies as shiraz chasers. One thing i know today is that that combo is a nasty mix!

Auction is underway with the top end of town paying big bikkies for assorted Force gear. If my memory serves me correctly Haig Sares pink signed jersey went for 5k.

Table update....Tef is still looking remarkably good at this stage but his missus has taken up the mantle and is off and running.

Our site sponsor was going to collar Dave Pocock and give hime the good news about him winning the prestigious TWF Player of the Year Award but by this stage i think he was dancing and im pretty sure it was by himself also.
    So informed Dave and he seemed stoked. He is a personable bloke.

Other notable TWFers in attendance were Swee and Ox and were enjoying the night.

Managed a quick chat with JOC and he said he aint going nowhere which is reassuring.
    Obviously its a night when the players can have a few and many did which is good to see. The thing you have to admire about the Force players is that they make time for a chat, photos etc and arent pampered arseholes like other codes.

Lost track of time ,manage a couple of photos(in the gallery) and time to leave but discover a full lonely bottle of shiraz bottle of shiraz. Sweet.

All in all a large evening.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by The Lone Hydrangea; 05-07-09 at 01:27.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Hydrangea View Post
    Half way through the night and im going well. Drinking Heiniken and White Stag stubbies as shiraz chasers. One thing i know today is that that combo is a nasty mix! ....

...... Lost track of time ,manage a couple of photos(in the gallery) and time to leave but discover a full lonely bottle of shiraz bottle of shiraz. Sweet.
    Indeed.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Good work, boss...

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    04.04.2009 or 04.07.2009?

Had a bit too many beverages TLH?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Apprentice
    vCash
    Surely there is some more gossip than that?

Oh thats right this is a forum just about the rugby....

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Good write up TLH....

Was a good night although things were a little vague by the end of the night....I think I managed to get through the night without telling any of the players they should harden up.

Hopefully the clients at the table were not too shocked by any of the behaviour.

Just happy to be here

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Only if you had new clients

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    Good write up TLH....

Was a good night although things were a little vague by the end of the night....I think I managed to get through the night without telling any of the players they should harden up.

Hopefully the clients at the table were not too shocked by any of the behaviour.
    how many business cards did you get ?

vCash
    Looks like a good night had by all. Well done to our resident frequent flyer. Again.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David