vCash

Lightbulb Lote Tuqiri Fact File

Height: 191cm. Weight: 103kg.

Rugby Union Career

Waratahs
    • Seven Super Rugby Seasons (2003-2009)
    • 89 Super Rugby Games
    • Debut: Week 1, 2003 Waratahs v Blues at SFS
    • 29 Super Rugby Tries; 1 Penalty Goal (148 points)

Wallabies
    • 67 Test Caps for the Wallabies
    • Debut: 2003 Australia v Ireland at Subiaco
    • 30 Tries (150 points)

Rugby League Career

Brisbane

• Four seasons in the NRL (1999-2002)
    • 99 NRL games
    • Debut: Round 2, 1999 Brisbane v Cronulla at QEII Stadium
    • 56 NRL Tries; 18 goals (260 points)

Queensland
    • Six Origin Matches
    • Debut: Game 1, 2001
    • Five Origin Tries; 4 goals (28 points)

Internationals
    • Three appearance for Fiji (4 Tries; 5 goals - 26 pts)
    • Five appearances for Australia (4 tries - 16 pts)

INDISCRETIONS
    JULY 1, 2009: Contract terminated by Australian Rugby Union, who were conducting an investigation into a possible breach of the players' code of conduct, although circumstances were unclear.
    JULY 3, 2007: Banned for two matches and fined $20,000 for failing to attend a team medical.
    MAY 14, 2007: Apologises to Wallabies selector Michael O'Connor for putting his phone on loudspeaker during personal conversation about teammate Peter Hewat.
    MARCH 2, 2007: Apologises for shoving NSW Waratahs teammate Sam Norton-Knight and giving him a verbal spray for an on-field mistake.
    JANUARY 4, 2007: Sent home from a Wallabies training camp after failing a fitness test.
    JULY, 2005: Involved in night club spat with teammate Matt Henjak in Cape Town and is fined $500 and given a two-match suspended sentence.

There are No drink driving or assault charges here... actually there are no Police charges at all... all small protocol infringements... How is Lote damaging the Wallabies after his endless hours of community work with the ARU... Is his greatest crime getting a good deal out of the previous ARU Chief administrator? This could be the beginning of the end for JON as a sports administrator.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    all small protocol infringements...
    in the words of some famous movie character...
    I dont know where you get your delusions laser brain!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Zim are you speaking from the Supernova show today? With comments like that everyone will know you are a sci-fi freak.

Oh shit me knowing where that saying comes from means I am a freak too

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Well your both been outed now....

vCash
    You could put up the source for those playing statistics and indiscretions as I saw the exact same thing on the Foxsports website yesterday

Looks like you have been outed now
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Looks like you have been outed now
    Maybe so but he has a point (). Lote's previous offenses were nothing particularly terrible. The on field incident with Two Dads was the worst, to me anyway. He is judged harshly, particularly on this side of the Nullabor, due to a combination of playing at the Tahs, being an ex RL player and the "tall poppy" syndrome. Plus, I suppose, some really believe he's no good as a player, despite most of the highest profile rugby coaches in the world thinking he is very good. What would they know?

At many workplaces he'd have had a clean slate after 2 years good behavior. He'll need to have committed a very bad indiscretion in this case for his summary dismissal to be justified, IMO.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I don't think we will know the true reason for his termination until the end of legal action. If the ARU still doesn't come forward with the details at that time......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Plus, I suppose, some really believe he's no good as a player, despite most of the highest profile rugby coaches in the world thinking he is very good. What would they know?
    Thanks for including my point of view there Shas.....I don't care that he's an ex mungo, Crossy's an ex-mungo and I think he's pretty good. I push for the results to equal the hype and Lote has been Beale-esque in that department for the last 5 years. I don't particularly care what 'some of the top coaches in the world' say because they're either forced to select him (Connoly) Think he's the Ducks Guts (Jones) or playing against him. In all cases, (well excluding Jones who is an unmitigated tool) you can't really trust what goes in the press.

I liken it to my opinions on Gits at #10, if I'm right, I'll have an almighty great I told you so over some of the most famous names in World rugby, if I'm wrong, I'll continue in the opinionated obscurity in which I dwell, no loss really. It's starting to look a lot like I get my I told you so with Lote!

He was never worth as much as they paid him, he was nearly worth it when the ink was still wet, but declined rapidly, IMHO the most effective of the big three league signings was Dell, and he simply didn't have a brain....can't fault him for that, he's just thick.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'll continue in the opinionated obscurity in which I dwell, no loss really. It's starting to look a lot like I get my I told you so with Lote!.
    OK.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    The less Lote says the stronger his case will be in front of the Judge… Small breaks in protocol don’t add up to loosing millions in payment…Additionally Past events over 2 years ago are hardly topical or relevant, especially when the real transgression was cause by someone other than Lote after he had left Lote’s company… A Judge will find this heavy handed and will reward Lote a huge amount of his outstanding contract and costs… This case will set an enormous legal precedent for sports contracts and law…

JON has lost the plot here and has clearly listened to poor counsel that have told him what he wants to hear but not told him what is a realistic outcome... The Players are outraged as it debases their current contracts. Lote’s contract being torn up has created an atmosphere of them against us, and builds mistrust towards the administration. JON great weakness as a leader is he requires unconditional control over all around him. This is not a strength of leadership he has just split the team and the ARU.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    The fact that we do not know the reason for his termination makes any discussion on the rights and wrongs of his termination ridiculous.

It would not surprise me if this dissapears and we never find out the reason. The alternative way to look at this is that Lote is being smart by going legal to deliberatly put a lid on the reason for his termination. Jon, was the man who said if you want to find out why he was sacked then ask him....that does not sound like a man that is at all unsure of his position.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    The fact that we do not know the reason for his termination makes any discussion on the rights and wrongs of his termination ridiculous.
    Probably, but most discussion has been around the need for him to have committed a very serious breach in this instance for a summary dismissal to be warranted. If he has done that he's got what he deserved.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Yup your right Shasta I was really referring to Muds post.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    The less Lote says the stronger his case will be in front of the Judge… Small breaks in protocol don’t add up to loosing millions in payment…Additionally Past events over 2 years ago are hardly topical or relevant, especially when the real transgression was cause by someone other than Lote after he had left Lote’s company… A Judge will find this heavy handed and will reward Lote a huge amount of his outstanding contract and costs… This case will set an enormous legal precedent for sports contracts and law…

JON has lost the plot here and has clearly listened to poor counsel that have told him what he wants to hear but not told him what is a realistic outcome... The Players are outraged as it debases their current contracts. Lote’s contract being torn up has created an atmosphere of them against us, and builds mistrust towards the administration. JON great weakness as a leader is he requires unconditional control over all around him. This is not a strength of leadership he has just split the team and the ARU.
    i think you are falling for the media hype a little to much muddy

vCash
    There's more to this all yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast