Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: After sacking Lote Tuqiri, ARU has another Wallaby in its sights

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I'll give you a hint it rhymes with Lou Bitchell. ....
    orly? shame its not someone who might be a brother of steve or mark in cricket....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    It can't have been something small. I mean JO'N didn't get to be CEO of the ARU by being a complete fool. It doesn't take a nuclear scientist to work out that sacking an established squad member for a minor breach of team protocols its going to have some serious ramifications like upsetting the squad, damaging the image of the sport or court action. So it would really have to be a problem that is impossible to resolve. The fact that Tuqiri is keeping quiet about it says its more than something insignificant- otherwise he would reveal it and, if it was nothing, gain a lot of public/media support.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Valo hasn't been a Wallabiy enough to make the number of mistakes required.

I'd be surprised if Tahu can get himself in enough trouble in the time available.

I would hope that dispensability isn't a consideration in the decision, if George Smith acts as much of a dick as Tuqiri he'd have to go (pretty sure it wouldn't be Smith though)
    but valo does have a history of past incidents, i cant imagine it would be reffering to him though, the food fight issue was a non-event

vCash
    True, is anybody else wondering whether Henjak was the fall guy for Tuqiri in the ice throwing incident?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Plus he hangs out with Gits a fair bit
    Not exactly the action of someone who is the full shilling!
    Gits doesn't seem to be the type to get involved in anything dodgy.
    No? So being involved in player 'revolts' at two successive clubs isn't 'anything dodgy' for a professional sportsman? I think it shows a very dangerous precedence.

Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    The decision has also angered a number of players - including Wallabies stars - who have lost a teammate without a proper explanation.
    Maybe they should ask Lote to be honest with them. I'm sure that he does know what tipped it over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    A source close to the Wallabies, speaking on the condition of anonymity, told The Sun-Herald that "2011 can't come soon enough for some of the players".

"They can't wait for the World Cup to be over so they can get away," the source explained. "Everyone's been thinking that for a while, I think.
    If they're not 100% committed to the jersey....leave now & let someone who values the Wallabies jersey as the pinnacle for a sportsman.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
    If they're not 100% committed to the jersey....leave now & let someone who values the Wallabies jersey as the pinnacle for a sportsman.
    That would only happen by someone who is committed to the jersey...in which case there wouldn't be any trouble in the first place.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    he hangs out with Gits a fair bit and Gits doesn't seem to be the type to get involved in anything dodgy.
    By that logic Matt Henjak would still be our half back.

Trouble at mill here folks. For George Smith to come out with such a strong show of support says a bit. No great surprise to see Knuckles getting a couple of shots away though.

I wonder if the match committee is pissed off.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Probably pissed off at the disruption but not so pissed off at the removal of a selection table elephant, it is out of their hands now.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    If a mate gets sacked from work after repeated "infringements" and warnings, then naturally you as a colleague are upset and disappointed, so I don't know that Smith's comments represent anything extraordinary.

Taking the issue the issue to the boss and expecting them to discuss the details when the matter is subject to legal procedings would be silly. Talk of a 2011 player exodus based on Lote's dismissal equally seems nonsensical. Sounds more like kindergarten sandpit behaviour than professional adult behaviour to me.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    I'd really like to see some players out themselves on the 2011 thing, I mean who in their right mind is concerned about the loss of an overpaid, underperforming hack? I would suggest it's those who would hope to emulate the feat!

C'mon the

vCash
    I also doubt Drew is the one under investigation. He might hang out with Gits, who has corrupted several clubs, but it's hardly against the protocols, is it? They can't fire Giteau for it, who is the actually serial-club-disrupter, can they? I think Drew's sorted himself out and is not that stupid, and if not I'm very dissapointed. I am also leaning to Tahu.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    I also doubt Drew is the one under investigation. He might hang out with Gits, who has corrupted several clubs, but it's hardly against the protocols, is it? They can't fire Giteau for it, who is the actually serial-club-disrupter, can they? I think Drew's sorted himself out and is not that stupid, and if not I'm very dissapointed. I am also leaning to Tahu.
    I see a poofy blue jersey isn't enough to sway your heart robyn!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I see a poofy blue jersey isn't enough to sway your heart robyn!
    I think it hasn't quite sunk in that he's wearing the filthy poofter-y disgustingly ew jersey for 2 years. I'm quite sure when it does then I'll stop defending him. But till then...

Also, I think it's true I think he got dropped by the Wallabies once ages ago and learnt his lesson. While he's still the clown of the team, I think he's got his brain in the right spot when it comes to the important things (apart from when it comes to signing gross-baby-blue contracts).

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2