Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Western Force 25 - Stormers 26

vCash
    even Interstate supporters are recognising the attractiveness of the style of Rugby that we play (Not Sage).
    Try reading my posts once in a while then...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Force did a a great job ... remembering they are just a young team ... they may have made a few mistakes but they still did a great job and you cant be dissapointed by that... they never gave up and kept up for the whole 80 minutes ... I know I wouldnt be able to do it! but the boys made me very proud any one who wants to put them down is pretty shallow .... they are doing the best the can ... 110% in my eyes ... they need all the support they can get ... and they seem to be getting a hell of alot of it next home game we will have a win ... if we dont get one before that! but if their win was a home ground one that would just be awsome! I know one thing I'm going to support the boys 200% win draw or lose!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    Try reading my posts once in a while then...
    Wrong way you read it mate...

Just using that not only the Force Fan in disguise Sage interstate is impressed with how the Force are going...

vCash
    Ahhh ok, Burgs told me that might have been the way you meant it, so I appoligise to you mate.

Yes, the Force are officially my second fav team and I want to see them do well. At the pub on Friday night, the Sydney siders watching were pretty into the Force, all praising Digby and Staniforth. We loved the kick-and-chase try as well.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    We loved the kick-and-chase try as well
    I'm sure I saw Stormers players stop to applaud that try . . .

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    So much in this particular thread to respond to! Firstly hats off to the creators of this site.
    Sagerian, yes Reds are filthy on Sailor, born an bred Qlder defecting to NSW-sacrilege! ( Tuqiri and Rogers were schoolboy reps here). Digby is a 'star in the making'. Wingers used to pack a thermos and hot waterbottle, but Digby goes looking for work, often linking with other winger.

Possession was Force 40% Stormers 60%
    Territory in own half -65% -35%

For cohesion's sake, O'Young needs to keep starting at No. 9. He looked the goods, and there was confidence around him. Unless injured , don't replace him during the match.
    Chief - I could feel the intense crowd energy from here! We've won halves of games, now we know we can win a whole game. A bit more experience will ensure closing out a game for a win.

LTPom (&IWB) - we all understand your frustration, and we need to keep our UK supporters on board as well as the SthAf & Kiwis. The team is digging in- just look at Doherty expleting continually after the final siren (tape the game!). These fellas are hurting more than anyone on TWF or Force supporters . They need support from every quarter that can be mustered. Its a huge ask of WA Rugby to house the Oz 4th team in S14, which is one of the strongest competitions in the world, only one level down from international rugby.
    I'd love to see Fava go on more of a rampage and trample in the next game, with forwards pick and driving for more phases. Lots of people are angry at how difficult its been, but lets not direct that anger at the players-team-coach. Better to get 'agreeably aggressive' with the media, fair-weather fans, knockers at work etc. This first year is about groundwork and foundations, and any wins are a huge relief. Half the season's gone, and there are no wins as yet with all the backline difficulties, but they'll come. And there will be a NEXT season!

Question is , will the rugby supporters OR the Force supporters be there to see it? Seems to be a difference between the two. Coach 'dead-on' drawing the line between boozing and posting !

Mowerman keep posting cos you push the right buttons.
    Good call TRG about more of the crowd staying after the game--obviously REAL Force supporters!
    Nobody is accepting mediocrity, just that it'll be tough these first few years.

vCash
    I meant more to the case of Sailor taking his sweet time to decide what he wanted, thereby giving Digby time to leave the Reds. It'd be an injustice if he's not in the Wallabies squad. I've never seen him brought down on the first tackle.

Last edited by Sagerian; 02-04-06 at 21:15.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Egan, great post mate and showing the true spirit of a Force Supporter.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    What a game! The old energy was back for me, the hoarse throat after 10 minutes, the jumping up and down on the spot after the chip and chase try - poetry! It's been there in the other games, but not to the extent it was there Friday.....

Plus I got to meet Coach (allbeit briefly)!

P.S. Luke, you're a tool..... (Just my opinion, I'm entitled to one too....)

We are TheWholeForce kin (try saying this really fast)

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    and I got to meet PontyBoy!

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash

Talking

i'll say this, the force have done everything i ****ing wanted them to do.

I've said before we will win and that will come true, we have showed we can and will fight back, which i have wanted to always see...they have made me quite a happy bunny.

i never had the expectation of being a team of being world class beaters, but the force have actually done more than i expected them to do, they have shown true fighting spirit which is what i like to see.

i take my hats off to them.

vCash
    ditto

vCash
    Egan great post. ( not ONLY Sage) same for me ( NOT IWB - apologies, just trying to link in some UK supporter names- which Pontypool adds to etc ) Read the stuff before posting - then edit if you have to. Sage, how am I supposed to know your meaning, and I'm a Reds supporter, as well?
    Despite my title, I'm not a mind reader!

Guys, the sarcasm bit is best left to the private e-mails and private postings available on the Forum button 'Members List'. Burgs & Coach etc have set this up as an Open Forum, but unless you write in plain English, kids and migrants won't understand it, and rookies will set off flash-fires that have to be put out, at the expense of actually discussing the thread!
    ( Ozzie slang can mystify foreigners as well )

Points of clarification are always welcome, but lets try to be more careful about jumping to negative conclusions!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticBalls
    Sage, how am I supposed to know your meaning, and I'm a Reds supporter, as well?
    I take it you're referring to my original post of "P.S. Digby is a freak, no wonder Reds fans are s**ty at Sailor." and not the second post where I clarified what I meant? You could have just as easily let it go because I clarified my point... Or not.

I don't see a huge issue with my original post, it's been well documented how Ioane came to be in WA, however I'm more than happy to clarify the point (which I did) for people who ask for the story. I'm not a Reds supporter either just in case you didn't know, but I have some knowledge to where the Force players came from previously.

Getting back to the point, Digby wasn't resigned as QLD were waiting on a decision from Sailor, he took his time to decide what he wanted and Ioane probably would have been worried about his future at the Reds, so he signed with WA. Many Reds fans blame Dell for Digby leaving so they would be very upset considering how well he's performing.

Last edited by Sagerian; 05-04-06 at 06:15.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticBalls
    Egan great post. ( not ONLY Sage) same for me ( NOT IWB - apologies, just trying to link in some UK supporter names- which Pontypool adds to etc ) Read the stuff before posting - then edit if you have to. Sage, how am I supposed to know your meaning, and I'm a Reds supporter, as well?

Guys, the sarcasm bit is best left to the private e-mails and private postings available on the Forum button 'Members List'. Burgs & Coach etc have set this up as an Open Forum, but unless you write in plain English, kids and migrants won't understand it, and rookies will set off flash-fires that have to be put out, at the expense of actually discussing the thread!
    ( Ozzie slang can mystify foreigners as well )

Points of clarification are always welcome, but lets try to be more careful about jumping to negative conclusions!
    Well said My'Balls, can't agree with you more......you're the man.

Just happy to be here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast