Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pretorius, Dunning set to sign with Force

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Agree we need an ARC like comp back... back hey the Brumbies have developed all these guys into S14 players... Both can request a release if they like… But the real question is what has the force been doing? Because it looks like bugger all from here Ex... It sounds like your blaming the Brumbies for the Forces and John Mitchell lack of planning...

A Hypothetical here: What if Pretorius signs but JO'C still chooses the Brumbies next week? And you have to support a yarpie next year… will you all blame the Brumbies for the lack of personnel management by Coach Mitchell? That's hardly levelheaded…

And if so will Pretorius without JO'C pull the WA crowds back to the games?
    I think we deffinately dropped the ball recruitment wise this year.

My criticism of Coach Mitchell is well documented.

I support the team - if 20 yarpies happen to be playing for the Force - then I will support them all.

We are moving to MES - we are going to be sold out all of next season. It will be Members only seating and standing.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Rumour has it that all paperwork has been signed and should be in Perth before Monday - so guess what the exclusive article is in this weeks Sunday Times

Best thing the can do next year is play like a TEAM, have CONSISTENT performances and above all no pre season "GUTTER JOURNALISTIC HEAVEN INCIDENT"

native crowds will enjoy the saffer element and even better scrums - the backs are merely window dressing.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    It sounds like your blaming the Brumbies for the Forces and John Mitchell lack of planning...

i think JM has to take a portion of the blame, and rugbyWA have to take a portion of the blame for signing him until 2011 and releasing players who still have a year to run on their contracts.....

vCash
    yayyy!!!!
    i can take my bok jersey 2 members day next year thats if he actually signs...

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    gross. Dunning and a saffa.
    Dunning better not be expecting a straight away starting jersey. he's gotta earn it in my view..

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I think we deffinately dropped the ball recruitment wise this year.

My criticism of Coach Mitchell is well documented.

I support the team - if 20 yarpies happen to be playing for the Force - then I will support them all.

We are moving to MES - we are going to be sold out all of next season. It will be Members only seating and standing.
    Well I guess I didn't mean not to support your team... that was a poor choice of words on my behalf... its just disappointing that the newest province has to do this type of recruiting year…

I would have been happier with Grant… even Freddie Disco Mickhalak….

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by force addict View Post
    gross. Dunning and a saffa.
    Dunning better not be expecting a straight away starting jersey. he's gotta earn it in my view..
    dunning may have one of those special, if im fit i play contracts.....

vCash
    I think Dunning will be very hungry... he'll do his best... Just sign a hooker I'm think the young NSW-man will stay in Sydney Frier got to be on his last year...

vCash

I would have been happier with Grant… even Freddie Disco Mickhalak….
    Bullshit, Mud. You would rubbish them just as you are doing now with Pretorius. First you drag up 2 year old posts to question his fitness. When that's shown to be past history you switch tacks and say he's a bad get because the Lions are no good, despite his 30 Springbok caps. Situation normal.

BTW, did you mean next Friday?

Your being ridiculous again. Time for the new policy...............

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    i think JM has to take a portion of the blame, and rugbyWA have to take a portion of the blame for signing him until 2011 and releasing players who still have a year to run on their contracts.....
    Perhaps you or Mudskipper could offer a reasonable explanation of what Mitchell should have done. Look I don't have any form of blind love for Mitch but I fail to see how it could have gone much differently. I assume your statement refers to Hilgendorf, who I think anyone on this site would love to see back with the Force, but even if Hilgendorf wasn't released after the 2007 season he would probably have become frustrated getting almost no game time behind Giteau and left after 2008.

To Muddy: If you were JM what exactly would you have done differently? And don't just say 'develop a player' I want actual names.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Yes I did because you jokers don't post your own research... and you’re not critical enough about those in charge at the Force.

Pretorius is notorious for injuries... I thought if you got Grant you'd get JO'C for sure but now I'm not so sure with sand castles Andre...

We can revisit this decision next year and see how he goes...

And No I meant this Friday but next Friday will do… is more likely now for a JO'Cs protracted decision... He’ll have all week to think about the 31 year old yarpies game…and the Lions cellar dweller year…

But would I miss having a little fun with you...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Perhaps you or Mudskipper could offer a reasonable explanation of what Mitchell should have done. Look I don't have any form of blind love for Mitch but I fail to see how it could have gone much differently. I assume your statement refers to Hilgendorf, who I think anyone on this site would love to see back with the Force, but even if Hilgendorf wasn't released after the 2007 season he would probably have become frustrated getting almost no game time behind Giteau and left after 2008.

To Muddy: If you were JM what exactly would you have done differently? And don't just say 'develop a player' I want actual names.
    mitchell is paid to coach a winning side, (no coach has even been employed to coach a losing side) since he arrived in perth hes been average at best hes recruited every player to play for the western force, hes instigated the team culture, and trainning programs, at the start of the season we had the fittest squad ever, this season we produced more wallabies than any other francise but still, mid table finish once again,.. if this guy is such a great coach why james dont the players respond?....
    james when have you watched a force game and said to yourself "that was a great piece of coaching?".....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    If you were JM what exactly would you have done differently? And don't just say 'develop a player' I want actual names.
    You're kidding, right James?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    mitchell is paid to coach a winning side, (no coach has even been employed to coach a losing side) since he arrived in perth hes been average at best hes recruited every player to play for the western force, hes instigated the team culture, and trainning programs, at the start of the season we had the fittest squad ever, this season we produced more wallabies than any other francise but still, mid table finish once again,.. if this guy is such a great coach why james dont the players respond?....
    james when have you watched a force game and said to yourself "that was a great piece of coaching?".....
    The Coach can only motivate a team so much, once they run onto the field it is up to them. Is every knock on, kick out on the full etc etc the Coaches fault?

Hurricanes game, do you think JM sent them out with instructions to keep kicking the ball away after we scored 4 tries? Not Likely

Surely you would be questioning the on field leadership as well then?

Maybe the overpaid pretty boys leaving is a blessing in disguise?

vCash
    jargs... why is there no planning post 2009? or did John Mitchell think he wouldn't still be at the Force.... and it wouldn't be his problem

We're discussing team development and succession personnel management here...

Not who kicked the ball too many times… The force wouldn't be in this position with better planning...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast