Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Elsom tipped to sign new $900k package

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    who are you trying to kid Muddy?

How quickly you seem to have forgotten the third-party trash been thrown around to lure Giteau back home
    the third party agreements were far less than what was offered the Force third party agreements ... Giteau signed for less cash but a better professional future... The Brumbies sponsors just got involved and got a pitch together,TOCC... so we could get him back..

If your issue is Elsom and the Reds can't sign him well thats a total different issue....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I like Muddy's suggestion that we should invest in our academy. It's ironic.

Take a look at the Brumbies first XV. Steve Moore bought. Ben Hand bought. Mark Chisholm bought. Hoiles bought. Now Elsom bought and if it wasn't him it would be Mitch Chapman bought. Valentine bought. Potentially JO'C bought.

Add to that a handful of second stringers. Thats hardly relying on your academy.

The fact is that the Queensland Reds prop up both the Force and the ACT Brumbies. Perhaps we should change our names to the Western Purples (or Oranges for away games) and the ACT Pinks.

Has it occured to you Muddy that maybe Elsom will sign with the Waratahs or Reds because he has friends in Brisbane and Sydney and that it wouldn't actually be just the money. Friends Muddy. You know what those are. They are those things that you don't have. As far as I know the Force didn't express much interest at all in Elsom and I am very thankful for that. They did a year or two ago when we were short at 6. But I am very happy with our backrowers and there are a handful of players in Australian rugby that I'd rather have than Elsom.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    And of course they only offered Giteau the minimum and a residence in Canberra was the deciding factor? I think not! Was there not recently an article quoting Giteau saying he regretted being so hasty to make the decision to leave the Force...

I bloody well do have a foot hold to base my arguement on. Valentine openly declared how much he wanted to stay in Perth and at the Force, the fact that got the Brumbies over the line was the money. He didn't leave for the sunny beachside location on offer in Canberra.
    Yes Giteau is an exception, he did take a pay cut to return to the Brumbies, but as I just said he has admitted to regretfully making his decision so early in the season. (When I find the article I will post a link)

FFS not everything is down to John Mitchell. Get a grip. When the likes of Giteau et al signed they ALL knew that John Mitchell would be the coach, if they had such a problem with him they wouldn't have signed to begin with. No money is worth being miserable for 3 years and if they didn't like JM then, then its their own stupidity for signing on in the first place.
    You know that article was total make-believe from West journo.... don't believe it Giteau considered his professional arrangements he has no issues with returning..... and getting away from Coach John Mitchell who has had the greatest third party budget and only delivered a mid-table result over 2 years with Gits on board... Why would he waste his time with ant more years wit the guy?...

Perhaps the third party deals were done with players he didn’t want to sign…. gee tat would be unfortunate...

vCash
    And of course they only offered Giteau the minimum and a residence in Canberra was the deciding factor? I think not! Was there not recently an article quoting Giteau saying he regretted being so hasty to make the decision to leave the Force...
    Which article was this? I missed it.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    You know that article was total make-believe from West journo.... don't believe it Giteau considered his professional arrangements he has no issues with returning..... and getting away from Coach John Mitchell who has had the greatest third party budget and only delivered a mid-table result over 2 years with Gits on board... Why would he waste his time with ant more years wit the guy?...

Perhaps the third party deals were done with players he didn’t want to sign…. gee tat would be unfortunate...
    So when an article is saying Giteau regrets leaving its complete bollocks but when an article says the Force are doomed its 100% credible? Whatever the TRUTH is Giteau has made his bed and now he has to lie in it. For his sake I hope Bianca gets a contract over East but it wouldn't suprise me if he honestly did regret his decision.

Again, Mitchell is not the downfall of the Force. Enough of the constant anti-Mitchell crusade, its wearing thin.

@ Robyn: Im trying to find it still but it definately existed at some point in the last 2 weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Which article was this? I missed it.

No credible article just TWF troublemaking…. Petty… people believe anything that is posted sometimes… Some here will just make it up to win small points… but usually come undone at some point down the track…

vCash
    muddy, it was a quote stating that Gits regretted that he made his decision to leave to force so early in the season and that he was heavily influenced by our loss to the Blues.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    No credible article just TWF troublemaking…. Petty… people believe anything that is posted sometimes… Some here will just make it up to win small points… but usually come undone at some point down the track…
    I don't give a rats behind whether you believe me or not mudskipper. I know full well that the article existed and if its not available online then so be it but I can rest easy knowing that it does actually exist and you are a hypocrit for suggesting that I made something up to prove a point.

http://sportal.com.au/Rugby-Union-ne...l-70478/page/1

The above link is to an article where Gits is quoted speaking of the enjoyment he had while playing for the Force and being here in WA. Until I find the article or quote that I mentioned before, this article will suffice as proof that Giteau did enjoy his time here.

Discussing things with you is pointless Muddy, you result to insults when you have nothing further to argue. Im just sorry to the other members of TWF that I bothered answering you especially if they actually read it, on a personal note I'm quite proud that my tolerance lasted this long though.

Last edited by laura; 31-05-09 at 19:58.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Hello Pot this is Kettle

"TWF trouble making" this is A Western Force site mud, yeah if it was another site for Australian rugby I could understand your comments but alas no this is The Whole Force and nothing but the Force. Your Petty comments are wearing thin and I wouldn’t be surprised that if you keep going the way you are you don’t end up like the other Troll WJ.

But then I think you do serve a purpose and that is to incite the rest of the True Blue rugby supporters on this site that actually go to games to write responses like this and keep the super 14 off season interesting.

Sigh suckered in again!!!!

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    Muddy who is underwriting all this Brumbie Stuff - they must be up to $5 million by now - I know Kevin 747 is generous but
    Nice one TQ1. Hook, line sinker rod and reel!

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

What I don't get is why is not considering going with the force for 2010...
    That would be because you are a clueless bullshit artist. Have you had a look at the loosies who will play at MES next year? RugbyWA are not likely to be throwing money at Elsom when they have a coach who can identify top drawer young loosies, make them Wallabies who can play all 3 spots and keep them. The money is needed to keep JOC and sign a competent 10.

---------- Post added at 12:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

You know that article was total make-believe from West journo....
    Actually the quote was from John Welborne. Of course his opinion is not worth a lot compared to the rambling bullshit of the great troll.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Inflating players...because the likes of Pocock, Brown, Hodgson, Cowan, Cross, Shepherd and Sharpe (all Wallabies in 2009 and all contracted at the Force for 2010) are not all worth every cent they are payed? You're off your trolley muddy!! There is far more value in these players than you give them credit for and I dare say they are worth more to Australian rugby than they are payed. If you chose to ignore that then more fool you.
    As far as I'm concerned, not one of them are worth the money we pay. No single sportsperson is worth the money they are paid. Neither are the musicians or actors or anyone really in the business of entertainment. You want to pay someone millions of dollars a year? Give it to the doctors, the teachers, the nurses....the people who actually do something worthwhile with their lives everyday for the benefit of others and the future of humanity. The concepts of 'value' or 'worth' seem somewhat inappropriate to be used in this context. You can't blame the players for trying to get the most money they can when people are stupid enough to be throwing it at them. Perhaps we should offer nothing and see if we still have a rugby comp?

Quote Originally Posted by force addict View Post
    muddy, it was a quote stating that Gits regretted that he made his decision to leave to force so early in the season and that he was heavily influenced by our loss to the Blues.
    In all fairness, Giteau's position on the Force is that he did enjoy his time here. Muddy, he did not have a major problem with John Mitchell nor was it the reason for him leaving. He did regret that he had to make his decision in the middle of the season. It was always his intention to make a decision after the end of super 14 so that he and the rest of the team wouldn't have to deal with this crap about loyalty and an exodus of players leaving. But the media had put too much pressure on him and the team and something had to be done. He does not however regret the time he spent here. He does admit that he was lured here by firepower but does not blame to force or rugbywa in anyway for their collapse and the resulting consequences. They are the facts regardless of whether it was some biased WA journo reporting, some biased Eastern states journo reporting, or some rose coloured glasses wearing Force supporter or Brumbies loving fan....

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    the third party agreements were far less than what was offered the Force third party agreements ... Giteau signed for less cash but a better professional future... The Brumbies sponsors just got involved and got a pitch together,TOCC... so we could get him back..

If your issue is Elsom and the Reds can't sign him well thats a total different issue....
    No, my issue is you trying to claim the Brumbies arent using third-party agreements to sign players, its no secret Giteau only signed with the Brumbies after they arranged a third party sponsor for him

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2