Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: James O'Connor Fights to keep James O'Connor at the Force!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

James O'Connor Fights to keep James O'Connor at the Force!

Well, he joined a facebook group who's purpose is to do so - "Keep James O'Connor in Perth to Play For the Force!"

That's gotta be a good sign. Reckon he's singning for 1, 2 or 3 years?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Gen Y.....

vCash
    I'm Gen "Why Not?" ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    That's gotta be a good sign. Reckon he's singning for 1, 2 or 3 years?
    as long as he re-signs with us, the length of the contract doesn't matter...the longer the better....

vCash
    My god I just saw that on Facebook, I laughed SO HARD!

Mudddddskipper.... TOLD you so He wouldn't lie to me - how could you doubt him!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    I thought you'd be Gen X, Coach... with a geek chromosome … in a good way…

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    My god I just saw that on Facebook, I laughed SO HARD!

Mudddddskipper.... TOLD you so He wouldn't lie to me - how could you doubt him!
    Its all good... if he's keen to stay I wish him a strong 2010 season... However I won't say its the wisest career move he could make at 18... But hey I cold be very wrong...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    However I won't say its the wisest career move he could make at 18...
    Just because you won't say it doesn't mean it isn't true.

vCash
    Muddy will you please please tell me why staying at the force would be a bad career move. I honestly don't see how it will be bad for his development and I want to know how it could be bad. I'm genuinely curious.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...

vCash
    Muddy will you please please tell me why staying at the force would be a bad career move.
    Muddy will struggle with this one - 10 wallabies in the squad - come on muddy do your best

vCash
    Muddy will you please please tell me why staying at the force would be a bad career move. I honestly don't see how it will be bad for his development and I want to know how it could be bad. I'm genuinely curious.
    Just wider experience with a number one world-class flyhalf and backline with more depth and experience… Additionally a full range of internationally experienced coaching staff. At the Brumbies he can settle into fullback and play some 12 which is what Deans wants... Right now what Robbie deans wants is what is best for JO’C that's his ticket to the big time… However really I'm not fussed about JO'C signing or not signing with the Brumbies as they have plenty of talent and a positive vibe...

It’s a bit sad that so many here are hanging onto an 18 years olds decision... who really has only played half a season outside a very good player. He wont look so good next year without Giteau. For now JO’C doesn't have the experience to guide the Force around the field, it will take a couple of years...

If he wants to have a crack well good luck to him…

vCash
    It’s a bit sad that so many here are hanging onto an 18 years olds decision...
    Not as sad as it's been watching you hang onto his decision...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Not as sad as it's been watching you hang onto his decision...
    LOL............

vCash
    Just wider experience with a number one world-class flyhalf and backline with more depth and experience…
    This is debatable. I am biased here as I don't believe that Giteau is the world's best 10 and I think that having Giteau at 10 stops his backline from doing as much... Like Giteau's going to do everything for the backline, and the backline waits for him to step up and create something magic. While he does create the magic a great deal, I don't feel 10 is as natural for him as 12. Often the magic is just a no-show, like against the Sharks this year. There is no denying Giteau is a fantastic player, but I feel for someone's development that waiting to step up is not as effective as actually stepping up. It's countless the number of times this year our backline of fully capable and talented men has waited for Giteau to make something from nothing and when it doesn't happen it's almost painful to see.

Additionally a full range of internationally experienced coaching staff.
    I'm not going into the Mitch debate, but I think JOC has developed fantastically under Mitchell and that our coach is fan-frekaing-tastic Go Mitch!

At the Brumbies he can settle into fullback and play some 12 which is what Deans wants... Right now what Robbie deans wants is what is best for JO’C that's his ticket to the big time…
    But has he been guarenteed 15 at the Brumbies? Bearing in mind if he hasn't been offered a definete start at fullback he's going to have to compete with Tooma and possibly Lealefaiino since Giteau is returning to 10. He can also play 15 at the force, who have lost Drew whose played almost the entire last Super14 season at 15. We could keep Cameron on the wing where he is simply deadly and Cummins on the other wing and that would be a pretty hand back 3. However, James has said he wants to play 12, and oppertunity the Brumbies can't really give him. At the force, he can play either. I'm actually convinced those are the final details they are ironing out - where he'll be playing for the majority of next season.

However really I'm not fussed about JO'C signing or not signing with the Brumbies as they have plenty of talent and a positive vibe...
    Exactly - the Brumbies don't need him. Why on Earth are they chasing him so hard!?

It’s a bit sad that so many here are hanging onto an 18 years olds decision... who really has only played half a season outside a very good player. He wont look so good next year without Giteau. For now JO’C doesn't have the experience to guide the Force around the field, it will take a couple of years...
    Incorrect. He has looked fantastic all year and will continue to do so. I find it impossible to believe that you think James's game has only been as it has because of Giteau. I'm actually flabbergasted (well, not really but I've been looking for an excuse to use that word the whole reply). I think it was against the Canes (?) James caught the ball or something at the halfway mark and ran his funky little sidestep 5 metres short of the tryline. It was amazing and Giteau may as well have been sitting in the stands for James' perspective. It stuck with me, the kid made some incredible play from nothing and it was great. Muddy that's ridculous, James O'Connor would not have been picked up by the force as such a talent. James.. augh! He's a great player who will I feel develop into possibly a better player than Giteau is.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    being surrounded by brilliant players is No way to develop your own play.Being under pressure & thriving in that environment often brings the best out of your skills

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Gee Robyn have you done the inevitable and traded Drew in for a younger model this sounds like the beginning of an Infatuation

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast