Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kiwi golfer turns Wallaby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    I don't think that is anyway a negative comment about Pek Cowan... He's been chosen because he has long-term promise... As Deans said about both Cowan and Hodgson "We've chosen them with one eye on the future"…
    I'm not sure how to respond there Muddy, it just seems that every time you talk about a force player there's a negative undertone....I'm not sure whether that's even a fair interpretation any more, I might be reading the undertone into posts you make without it being there.

I apologise if that's the case, because it isn't fair, I can only point to the general tone of 90% of your posts as a reason for me being this way, but that's the way it is.

I took your post to be something along the lines of 'Pek and Hogeo don't really deserve to be in the Wallabies, Deans is just ensuring that they can't play anywhere else in case they improve'

Fair, unfair, I don't know any more, all I do know is that I try to be pretty open minded about people and see the best in them, I'm usually successful so you must have pushed pretty hard to get me to this point.

Qualifying that, I'm usually not very openminded about my opinions and will happily argue the toss all day and night about various issues, but as the various people who've indulged in such games with me can attest to, I don't see a difference of opinion as a matter of character, I can still get on with a bloke who's had a knock down drag out argument with me, we can share a beer and appreciate the wisdom of the points we do agree upon.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Thanks for you post GIGs...

Clearly the 2 guys are highly thought of & have earning a Wallabies call up... I just note Deans shutting the doors to strengthen the Wallabies and not the All Blacks for the RWC... I think thats good... You watch Cowan and Hodgson have great seasons next year...

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

"Both Matt and Pek have been included with one eye on the future. They both play in areas where we have a clear need and are looking to build up our depth," Deans said.

"Their selection today gives us an opportunity over the next month to get them started, in terms of exposing them to the international environment."

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    see theres that wee little slap in the face again, Mudskipper - that negative undertone GIGS20 was talking about...

There is a difference between being picked in the squad as a way of building towards the future of the Wallabies, and being picked in the squad to spite the All Blacks. One's positive, one's negative..

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Good call Coach. As far as I'm aware Hodgson isn't qualified to play for NZ so you can't claim him on that one. Yes Pek is eligible for New Zealand but if he wanted to play for New Zealand why wouldn't he have signed up for a franchise over there. And you can't say its for a starting role because if he was good enough he would get one at at least one of the franchises. You can't blame Muddy for being a tool he has to justify to himself in some way that the Force has 10 Wallabies and the Brumbies only have 6.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Clearly the 2 guys are highly thought of & have earning a Wallabies call up...
    Of course they are thought highly of around here and within the rugby fraternity, they are both committed, hard-working indivuals who have worked bloody hard to get their call up.

Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper
    I just note Deans shutting the doors to strengthen the Wallabies and not the All Blacks for the RWC... I think thats good...
    He has no allegiance to NZ rugby development or that of the All Blacks squad. He is the coach of the Wallabies now and its in his (and our country's) best interests to include players like Hodgo and Cowan, from their Australian Super 14 franchise, into their Australian national team. Deans was hardly going to say "wow Pek, you played really well, you should go play for the All Blacks now" .

Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper
    You watch Cowan and Hodgson have great seasons next year...
    We watched them have good seasons this year, hence their selection...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    see theres that wee little slap in the face again, Mudskipper - that negative undertone GIGS20 was talking about...

There is a difference between being picked in the squad as a way of building towards the future of the Wallabies, and being picked in the squad to spite the All Blacks. One's positive, one's negative..
    Its all is positive for Pek Cowan when he had nothing at the start of the week... and now is in the Wallabies 30 man squad… Both reasons for being picked are in Peks advantage...

So are Deans comments backhanders? "Both Matt and Pek have been included with one eye on the future. They both play in areas where we have a clear need and are looking to build up our depth," Deans said.

"Their selection today gives us an opportunity over the next month to get them started, in terms of exposing them to the international environment."

Do you have difficulty with honest open discussions here? ... a bogus defense isn’t required on Pek’s behalf isn't required… He'll get on with the job and give it his best shot... Everyone starts sometime he is not a veteran…

TWF doesn’t have a problem at attacking Wallabies Baxter, Dunning and Shepherdson… But you can’t condone an open honest conversation about a debutant Wallabies Force player…

Furthermore There is no back hander on Pek from my posts… only cynical TWF members reading the posts who unfortunately have developed negative thinking mindsets…

Last edited by mudskipper; 23-05-09 at 13:49.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    it just seems that every time you talk about a force player there's a negative undertone....I'm not sure whether that's even a fair interpretation any more,
    I apologise if that's the case, because it isn't fair,
    You are definitely not wrong GIGS. There is always, sooner or later, a sting in the tail of his comments on Force players. He goes through these conciliatory phases but eventually the internet troll resurfaces. Sometimes lately in a real hissy fit. Pointless to try to engage him in discussion, just watch him operate and have bit of a laugh.

Last edited by shasta; 23-05-09 at 15:10.
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2