Thread: Goodbye or good riddance?

Rookie
    vCash

Goodbye or good riddance?

There'll be a lot of emotion on Saturday night. Some good, some bad.

I should be man enough to wish the players leaving all the best. But I can't. Like most supporters, I feel let down by their departure.

Matt Giteau has been an outstanding contributor to the Emirates Western Force. He has proven to be a world class player, week in, week out. No one can doubt his commitment to the blue jersey. The Club and the fans are better off for having had him here for three seasons. I thank him for his efforts and wish him well in his return to the Brumbies.

Same with Tai McIsaac. There has been no more durable servant. He didn't miss a game and earned Wallaby selection playing for the Force. I hope his retirement is a rewarding one.

Scott Staniforth has been fantastic. It was a shame he was troubled with injury. A great player and a true gentleman of rugby. We look forward to seeing him around when he returns from Japan.

I don't think we ever saw the best of Tamati Horua. He came with a big reputation but again, injury denied everyone seeing him at his best. I think if he was here next year and stayed injury free, we would have seen something special.

Drew Mitchell showed glimpses of brilliance but I felt he was too inconsistent. On his day, there aren't many more exciting players to watch when in space. Let's hope he doesn't get too much of it when he plays against us next year.

Josh Valentine's departure is disappointing but I guess we have to expect that in the days of professional rugby. He was given a tremendous opportunity when he came to the Force and, after a slow start, he took it. He's now back in Wallaby contention. As thanks, he'd heading to the Brumbies. Good luck to him.

Saturday night should be a great occasion and 882 6PR will be there to capture every moment of it. Our live coverage starts at 7.45 and goes through till 10pm, with on-ground player interviews straight after the full time siren.

Thanks to everyone who's listened and supported our broadcasts during the season. Thanks too, to the management of 6PR for allowing us cover every home game in full, even when there were clashes with the AFL.

Enjoy the game. Bring on 2010.

Cheers,
    Mick

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    well said mick.....

vCash
    Great article Mick, and thanks to 6PR for their support of the Emirates Western Force.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    the "good riddance" is a bit negative... All these players have had a good season... Valentine was only given a 1 year contract... he has just taken his best offer for 2010...

Its a shame that Castle, Shep and O'Connor aren't playing this weekend...

vCash
    Very good article...looking forward to having our "new home" in 2010....

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    the "good riddance" is a bit negative... All these players have had a good season... Valentine was only given a 1 year contract... he has just taken his best offer for 2010...

Its a shame that Castle, Shep and O'Connor aren't playing this weekend...
    You missed the point muddy. The "good riddance" is aimed at the venue.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Ooohh... Well that’s fair enough....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Hardly surprising as our friend Muddy doesn't know anything about venues as he only watches games on tv & not at the grounds!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Wrong, JK. He said he once went to watch an ARC match at North Sydney Oval. Probably scammed a complimentary.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    In fairness to Mud, the ground wasn't even mentioned...it was ambiguous at best.

vCash
    What's fairness got to do with it?!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
    Hardly surprising as our friend Muddy doesn't know anything about venues as he only watches games on tv & not at the grounds!!!
    How many home games have you made it to this season Andy?

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    It was an honest opinion from a Fan - of course sentiment will always rule when it comes to losing quality players when we need them most...

Im not resentful of the guys that are leaving, its a professional sport and they make decisions based on their person circumstances, I'd be very sirprised if any player would make a decision to stay just because the fans want him to... thats being a bit naive... Im sad to see them go, dissapointed they couldnt justify staying on but we move on... we'll continue to build without them and possibly with others just as good and we come out at the other end winners!

of that im sure!!

vCash
    Good riddance to Subi and its stupid wooden benches 30m away from the field!

Good bye to Spanna (Happy 100th), Tai, Gits, Drew, Tamaiti (Happy 50th), Ben, Josh & Junior. As much resentment as there is for some of them leaving, they contributed a lot to our team over the past few years and they raised the profile or rugby in WA so for that atleast I'm grateful. We have already managed to raise some fantastic rugby players in just a few short years and I'm sure we will manage to raise enough to fill a whole squad in years to come. Onwards and upwards from here & good luck to the boys.

Last edited by laura; 15-05-09 at 17:55.