Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Two Bonus Points Keep Finals Hopes Alive as Western Force Go Down to the Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    At least the Dockers supporters are supporting their team and showing some loyalty which is not something I can say for you right now Jargs.
    That's really not a fair comment and really a pretty crap thing to say about someone who's demonstrably very passionate about the Force and Rugby in WA.

As you can see from Coach's scenarios above, the most likely outcome is that regardless of how well the Force play for the remaining games, they will miss out on the finals. Admitting this does not make anyone less of a supporter. Nor does it suggest he's going to go running off to cheer for someone else because they are most likely finals bound (to answer the disloyalty charge).

I'm sure, just like any -mad fan, Jargs will be in front of a FoxSports-equipped tele at 2am Sunday morning cheering the lads on, and again at Subi the week after no matter what the equation looks like, which makes him a loyal supporter in my book.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash

just to stir the pot

my sums say the ods are way out there and there's no point having the departed in the team for the next 2 weeks. Lets blood some young talent even if it means taking a bath. Send MG and DM home to mum and Castle to the land of meat and potatoes for the last 2 games .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    That's really not a fair comment and really a pretty crap thing to say about someone who's demonstrably very passionate about the Force and Rugby in WA.

As you can see from Coach's scenarios above, the most likely outcome is that regardless of how well the Force play for the remaining games, they will miss out on the finals. Admitting this does not make anyone less of a supporter. Nor does it suggest he's going to go running off to cheer for someone else because they are most likely finals bound (to answer the disloyalty charge).

I'm sure, just like any -mad fan, Jargs will be in front of a FoxSports-equipped tele at 2am Sunday morning cheering the lads on, and again at Subi the week after no matter what the equation looks like, which makes him a loyal supporter in my book.

carbon has one of these FoxSports-equipped teles you speak of

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    carbon has one of these FoxSports-equipped teles you speak of
    Really??? I thought that big screen we were looking at was a magic telescope pointed directly at Pretoria!?!?!?

vCash

vCash
    yeah, and the blackout in the transmisison was a bird shitting on the lens.

vCash
    So if JO'C is ruled out who will we get in to 12 and if Sheps didn't look good but Cummins does who will go where?
    9. Valentine
    10. Gits
    11. Cummins
    12. Tatupu
    13. Cross
    14. Spanna
    15. Mitchell

20. CO'Y
    21. Pelesasa
    22. Dane H-P

Last edited by laura; 04-05-09 at 22:13.

vCash

I don't think it is very fair or a very nice thing to mock people for their optimism as evidenced by Jargs use of '' in response to Robyn's claim that there was still a mathematical chance of the Force reaching the finals. She is right and whether or not you agree that it is likely, that 'optimism' isn't something to laugh at. I think it is disrespectful to fans who like to hope, and to the youth in this case as Jargs directly linked his comments to 'the optimism of youth' which implies a certain degree of ignorance because of age. No is pretending that its an easy path to the finals, nor that the chance of us reaching them is particularly high. But what is wrong with hope? Jargs links such hope in a derogatory manner to a similar hope held by Dockers supporters.

I my opinion, my comment was as fair as Jargs'.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    So if JO'C is ruled out who will we get in to 12 and if Sheps didn't look good but Cummins does who will go where?
    9. Valentine
    10. Gits
    11. Cummins
    12. Tatupu
    13. Cross
    14. Spanna
    15. Mitchell

20. CO'Y
    21. Pelesasa
    22. Haylett-Petty

I just read that Wykes is okay for this match.

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-n...0504-asja.html

"In one piece of brighter fitness news, Sam Wykes will be available after a shoulder problem forced his late withdrawal from the clash with the Bulls."

just before that is this: "Wallabies centre James O'Connor hurt his sternoclavicular joint.

He will be checked out on Tuesday, along with winger Cameron Shepherd, who suffered knee bruising and was still pretty sore on Monday."

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Bloody oath I will be, and odds are after that home game I will stay well after full time to congratulate them on a hard season, regardless of sneaking into the top 4 or not

Jargs links such hope in a derogatory manner to a similar hope held by Dockers supporters.

I my opinion, my comment was as fair as Jargs'.
    I will use what emoticons I see fit to, that what they are there for

It's called a joke, unless you automatically associate the Dockers and their supporters with negative actions

I at no stage did I say that I have no hope, no optimism, but to completley throw out reality as well is just plain silly. I take exception at you accusing me of being dis-loyal just becasue I am realistic

In all fairness, Grow up (that's a joke as well )

Champion
    vCash
    Nick Cummins is still in Perth, so if your a supporter of the FORCE in Cape Town get ready for a phone call you may be needed for cover on the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Nick Cummins is still in Perth, so if your a supporter of the FORCE in Cape Town get ready for a phone call you may be needed for cover on the bench.
    9. Valentine
    10. Gits
    11. Mitchell
    12. Tatupu
    13. Cross
    14. Spanna
    15. Dane H-P

20. CO'Y
    21. Pelesasa
    22. Sare

Mitchell back to the wing and DHP/Sare at fullback?

Oooh and bring back the blue jersey at away games!!
    Blue jersey: win against Brumbies, win against Tahs, draw with Crusaders.
    Yellow jersey: lost to Chiefs and lost to Bulls.

Last edited by laura; 04-05-09 at 22:54. Reason: blue jersey!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    In all fairness, Grow up (that's a joke as well )
    Same to you...or at least find some new material for your jokes

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Same to you...or at least find some new material for your jokes
    never, the ability to tell crap jokes about age, the freo dockers and anything else that comes to mind is what makes this country great

vCash
    Really??? I thought that big screen we were looking at was a magic telescope pointed directly at Pretoria!?!?!?
    We need one of those magic telescopes at Subi!

C'mon the

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast