Former Wallabies prop Greg Holmes has re-signed with the Queensland Reds and Australian Rugby Union for the next two years confident he can add to his tally of 13 Tests.

Holmes announced his re-signing along with Reds loose-head understudy Ben Daley on a mixed morning for Queensland as they prepared for Saturday night's Super 14 match against the Brumbies at Suncorp Stadium....

"I'm enjoying my rugby and the direction the team is taking so it was a pretty straight-forward decision for me," said Holmes.

"There's a great feeling in the team. We might have been a bit up and down with our results this season but that's not a reflection on the mood within the team and the belief we have that success will come if we stick at it."....

Youngster Daley showed Queensland were in reliable hands without Holmes when he impressed in three consecutive starts this season when the 42-cap stalwart was recovering from neck and shoulder injuries.

"Getting those opportunities this year did make me hungry for more games for Queensland playing Super 14 rugby," said the 20-year-old son of Manly league great Phil Daley.

"I definitely believe that being here at the Reds is the best place to launch that assault from."

Full article...

Good keep for the Reds, especially Daley.