Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Test caps key to O'Connor move

vCash
    I totally agree...Why do the players think their chances of Wallaby selection will be more enhanced over East???

Who would want to leave The Force, to go to the Tahs or for that matter the Reds. Surely a no brainer....???

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    if he wants the number 15 maybe he will get it at the force now that drew has gone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Mudskipper seems to think he will only make the Wallabies if he plays with Giteau. Logic says he's more likely to make the Wallabies if he's on the field.
    Logic has nothing to do with that post. Muddie, as usual starts at the conclusion he wants. Which is what is best for the Brumbies. Then he looks to relate some elements of the discussion and finds a way to make them fit his conclusion. QED.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Logic has nothing to do with that post. Muddie, as usual starts at the conclusion he wants. Which is what is best for the Brumbies. Then he looks to relate some elements of the discussion and finds a way to make them fit his conclusion. QED.
    I think you misunderstand me Shasta. I wasn't connecting what Muddy thinks with logic. I was saying that he thinks O'Connor will only make the Wallabies if he plays with Giteau on the other hand logically if JOC is with the Brumbies he will get less game time.

Muddy is a bloody hypocrite (nothing new there I know) he seems to think that the Force have done nothing to develop O'Connor and it was just his natural talent blah blah blah. Yet he thinks that O'Connor will/should come to the Brumbies so that he can develop under Matt Giteau and would be a worthless player without him blah blah blah.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Last night JOC was in the members bar and was asked how the contract negotiations were going and he answered "looking good" so maybe there is some hope he will stay regardless of what his dad says....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2404 View Post
    Last night JOC was in the members bar and was asked how the contract negotiations were going and he answered "looking good" so maybe there is some hope he will stay regardless of what his dad says....
    Or maybe that's what his dad told him to say if asked!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    I think you misunderstand me Shasta. I wasn't connecting what Muddy thinks with logic. I was saying that he thinks O'Connor will only make the Wallabies if he plays with Giteau on the other hand logically if JOC is with the Brumbies he will get less game time.
    Yeah, I got the drift but probably could have phrased it better. I was thinking about how he connected, Deans to, Leon MacDonald, to Rabbit and drew the conclusion that he should therefore play at the Brumbies because Giteau is there. By that logic all young backs in Australia need to head to Canberra and be similar to someone else Deans has coached in the past.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    unfortunately "looking good" doesn't always mean "i'm staying put". it sounds to me more like "getting near the end".

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Looking good meaning yeah they all offered me great money its now eeny, meeny, miny, moe as to where i go?

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Robbie Deans seems very keen on JO'C as a fullback. Thus the two Wallabies appearances at 15. JO'C seems to want test caps... Mudskipper seems to think he will only make the Wallabies if he plays with Giteau....

James you deliberately misquote me here... I never said JOC would only make the Wallabies if he plays with Giteau... that's a every misleading statement...

I believe he will develop better playing alongside Giteau in the Super 14 and their combination as a 10 & 15 will benefit the Wallabies and therefore O'Connor's playing future in the long-term... At the Force whom is he going to play along side, who will help his development? Shepherd at fullback will be to removed in play and Cross doesn’t have the rugby experience.

What ever strengthens O'Connor usefulness for the Wallabies will help James O'Connor's long-term playing career... you can quote me on that James…

vCash
    only because it's a blindingly obvious statement bud.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    James you deliberately misquote me here... I never said JOC would only make the Wallabies if he plays with Giteau... that's a every misleading statement...
    I don't misquote you. I haven't quoted you at all. I say what you seem to think.

Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    What ever strengthens O'Connor usefulness for the Wallabies will help James O'Connor's long-term playing career...
    Which is not an unrealistic interpretation given statements like this. As JOC's long-term playing career is essentially Wallabies representation.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    It seems a waste that such a great playmaker may be put at fullback to me. Fullbacks are easier to find than 10's and 12's.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by as77221 View Post
    It seems a waste that such a great playmaker may be put at fullback to me. Fullbacks are easier to find than 10's and 12's.
    Can you name a few that could be available??

I wouldn't mind JO'C at fullback and Shep at 11.

If we can secure a new 10 and 12.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    where he'll get the most caps
    Hmm..he'd stand out like dogs nuts at the tahs, as it would only be him and Mitchell playing decent rugby!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast