Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No disrespect, but I've had my Wallabies audition, says Cross

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

No disrespect, but I've had my Wallabies audition, says Cross

Rupert Guinness | April 17, 2009

Unlike most players, Western Force centre Ryan Cross does not consider tomorrow's derby against the Waratahs in Sydney as his chance to lock in his Wallabies selection.

The Force No.13 says he has moved on from the side's last-gasp 28-27 loss to the Hurricanes last Friday, but he rates it as a more significant event for Wallabies selection than tomorrow's game when it comes to his own head-to-head clashes. By that he intends no insult to the Waratahs centres he and James O'Connor will face.

This will be NSW inside-centre Tom Carter and outside-centre Timana Tahu, the latter a player Cross has played against in the NRL.

It is more a reflection of his esteem for the Hurricanes centres pairing of Conrad Smith and Ma'a Nonu and the challenge they offered.

Asked how vital tomorrow was for Wallabies selection, he said: "Last week was even more important for me. I was playing Conrad Smith and Nonu. That was the All Blacks centres partnership."

Cross won't be lacking any of the passion that comes with a derby which, to the 10th placed Force, offers a chance to secure a grand slam against Australian sides after they beat the Reds and Brumbies.

It does rile him that the gusto that comes with a derby is not maintained throughout a season.

"Obviously there is a bit more feeling playing against blokes you know," he said. "They are the games we live for.

"[But] it is unfortunate we only lift [to] huge intensity in those games. It should be every game."

It is clear the ex-Rooster is as sick of being asked about his fellow former league players as they are.

"I knew this was coming," Cross sighed when asked about his clash with Tahu, who yesterday restated his intention to keep playing rugby union.

Cross believes Tahu's potential in the game - let alone in the centres - will only grow with more and more game time.

"I felt comfortable after the first season. I played every game in Super 14 … at 13," Cross said. "That was the main thing for me, playing week in, week out. Probably he has missed [that]. He has been in and out …

"I think he is very dangerous when he gets some space."

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/n...475001083.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    "I don't intend for him to get any space"

C'mon the

vCash
    with that try he created from nothing last week i think his Wallaby spot is pretty safe! would love to have seen more of Cross and Spanner combination in our centers this year.

Both Force and Wallabies

<>

vCash
    Cross will make the 30...

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    I'll sleep easier now.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post

So sayeth the Oracle.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Cross should realise Deans regards every match a Wallabies audition... Will he make the 22?

vCash
    Easy make the 22 - after a slowish start this campaign he is playing as we know he can

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfiep View Post
    Easy make the 22 - after a slowish start this campaign he is playing as we know he can
    Ok Garf, you've taken the bait. Just let's wait and see how many Brumbies the Oracle will have in front of him.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Cross is going to SCORE 30...I hope.

Onya Ryan! Go get 'em!

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Ok Garf, you've taken the bait. Just let's wait and see how many Brumbies the Oracle will have in front of him.
    Well I'm glad you raised the point shastaman...... At 13 just the evil rugby wizard Mortlock...

Nevertheless it does suck old socks a little this year with no Australia A ... to watch some of the runners up get a good run... But late press entry.... Digby doing well at 13 as well...

Tahu will be in the mix... Coach Hickey isn’t giving him much of a chance but he has plenty of promise… Young Rabbit could get a bit of 12 in the 2 Italian tests, Barnes will be back and Quade Cooper is in the mix somewhere...

Tyrone Smith is not far off a call up...

Ashley Cooper back at 15 tonight for the Brumbies which is the first time his year... However AAC is a great 13........ so perhaps 2 Brumbies ahead of Cross... But I'm definitely a Cross fan, even liked him at the Roosters...

Force to win tomorrow at the SFS by 7… Giteau scores 15 points the other boys do the rest… Tahs only have 20 points max in them….

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    I'd prefer AAC on the bench for Wallabies. Not because of a lack of skill, although there are other players better in each position but because he can cover nearly all positions in the backs.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Digby is making the yards with his runs.....but very few of the yards are ahead of the gain line. Maybe the stats should be like the NFL where only POSITIVE yards (ie once over the gain line) are counted. Also, his handling has been suspect. On the plus side, he's been looking for work which is more than can be said for a lot of the other wannabe outside backs.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Champion
    vCash
    Gerrard may have the 15 spot at the mo.....groan. ACC wasnt to flash tonite against the Bulls

vCash
    AAC was horrible, reminded me why he should NOT get the Aussie 15 jersey again
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast