Thread: Romanian rugby fight shocks BBC

Veteran
    vCash

Romanian rugby fight shocks BBC

Romanian rugby fight shocks BBC

Perhaps it is something to do with public service broadcasting, but the BBC were stretching things a little when they reported on the fight that broke out between between Romanian rugby rivals Dinamo Bucuresti and Farul Constanta last week.

the rest:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rug...hocks-BBC.html

I thought this was a pretty intense fight, check out the red number 5 in the scrum... Wonder what started it...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    So the 12 gets binned for a fight that starts in the scrup and is joined by the 11, 9 and 15 before him......whjo did he kill?

Looked like a good fight from Red, White resorted to the slipper in the end, all the red blokes walked away and there were at least two white players rolling around on the ground. good teamwork shown by the red front row too, with the hooker (I think it was) holding one guy for the two props to unload on!

Reminds me of Saturday night at Rocko foreshore!

or Saturday arvo at Dowling St, watch out Soaks!

C'mon the

vCash
    I think the Force should recruit the white hooker and the red tighthead. The hooker could use some boxing lessons though. Or he could get a part time gig as a windmill.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    So the 12 gets binned for a fight that starts in the scrup and is joined by the 11, 9 and 15 before him......whjo did he kill?!
    my guess is that he is the captain of white, or perhaps he was the "3rd man in".

I read somewhere that 9 people where suspended and that red was given a 5-0 win, after losing 0-3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    my guess is that he is the captain of white, or perhaps he was the "3rd man in".

I read somewhere that 9 people where suspended and that red was given a 5-0 win, after losing 0-3.
    By my count he was number 4 or 5, he must have been waiting out on the tramlines for the wide pass.

It's interesting that Red was given the win when the most effective fighting was coming from them, always on the front foot, and everybody in, looking for a square-up. I think the whole thing probably started as the result of a bore-in by the Red loosehead, White took offence, reacted, the rest is history.

The one thing I can admit srprise to though is the scarcity of blood, either those romanians have bloody hard heads, or they punch like 12 year olds (not Rocko 12 year olds, those mothers are tough)

C'mon the

vCash
    Holy Crap! That is quite simply revolting! The ref should have just stopped the game there and told everyone to get off the pitch. And declared rugby too good to be played by monsters like them.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Robyn, I hate to tread on your sanitised viewpoint, but this is EXACTLY where our modern game has developed from.....check out some old Wallabies vs Allblacks footage, preferably any game involving either Simon Poidevin or Richard Loe.....all the pre-professional rugby was a simmering hotpot of passion.

I don't really condone too much of the fisticuffs, it gets in the way of scoring, but you can be guaranteed everybody who stepped into that brawl was playing the game for honour, not money......I find it hard to be completely critical!

Sorry, I'm a gorilla, I know it, I accept it, bring on the smotage!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Robyn, I hate to tread on your sanitised viewpoint, but this is EXACTLY where our modern game has developed from.....check out some old Wallabies vs Allblacks footage, preferably any game involving either Simon Poidevin or Richard Loe.....all the pre-professional rugby was a simmering hotpot of passion.

I don't really condone too much of the fisticuffs, it gets in the way of scoring, but you can be guaranteed everybody who stepped into that brawl was playing the game for honour, not money......I find it hard to be completely critical!

Sorry, I'm a gorilla, I know it, I accept it, bring on the smotage!
    A simmering hotpot of passion isn't a bad thing - I'd love our rugby to be like that - but passion doesn't need to be expressed by smashing up your opposition. I don't mind the little things that get them all binned, I don't exactly like the boks playing style but I can kind of handle it. But that took it far too far and I don't want to think of all the little 6 year olds that went home from that game after seeing their heroes behave like that. I see where you are coming from with the honour and that they are not there for money but they can be there for honour without the punching and stuff. David Pocock, I think, is the best example I can think of, I am convinced he plays rugby for honour and he is the last person in the world I can imagine getting in a fight like that.

You don't deserve a smote for having an opinion!

Last edited by robyn <3; 19-04-09 at 16:20. Reason: whoops

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    thats how most games we played against Rocko started,in the old days.
    My job was to get the first couple in,then get the hell out of it & let the big boys take over!
    once the brawl was over & done with,the game would commence

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    "Old days"? That's how Nedlands start every game, ever since I can remember!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I thought you retired years ago BDGF?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    I thought you retired years ago BDGF?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    yep,both from rugby & brawls

vCash
    What did I miss?

Just a minor dust up, alls well.

Don't you hate it when your not directly involved and you've got to go and find someone to start punching on with.