Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Western Force Snatch Loss from Jaws of Victory

vCash
    I'd suggest, given the tone of our dicussions after many of our games this season, Drew needs to work on his defence Robyn. I know you like the boy, but you also need to accept that he has flaws.

I too think he's a far better 11 than he is a fullback, possibly he even defends better there as he usually has the sideline to play with and can just stay inside his opponent, using his speed to make the tackle, but he's not even a turnstile at Fullback, he's a revolving door!

We need Shep.....or any other fullback....but not Drew.

If Rabbit wasn't needed at 12, I'd put him there, he's shown he's got the stones to play the defensive role that is required. Even Dane would be a better option than what Drew showed us on Friday Night.

I'm not blaming Drew alone for the loss, let's face it, in a game like Rugby, if you notice a deficiency, you have a responsibility to fix it....even if he was a total dog and everybody else was playing well, nobody made up for his poor play and blame needs to be shared for that.

The tactical kickers also need a rocket......some big names need to be hooked this week, let's face it, the season's f*$%ed anyway, even with five wins and a couple of bonus points we need matches to go our way......bench some money men this week and get the attitude right!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'd suggest, given the tone of our dicussions after many of our games this season, Drew needs to work on his defence Robyn. I know you like the boy, but you also need to accept that he has flaws.

I too think he's a far better 11 than he is a fullback, possibly he even defends better there as he usually has the sideline to play with and can just stay inside his opponent, using his speed to make the tackle, but he's not even a turnstile at Fullback, he's a revolving door!

We need Shep.....or any other fullback....but not Drew.

If Rabbit wasn't needed at 12, I'd put him there, he's shown he's got the stones to play the defensive role that is required. Even Dane would be a better option than what Drew showed us on Friday Night.

I'm not blaming Drew alone for the loss, let's face it, in a game like Rugby, if you notice a deficiency, you have a responsibility to fix it....even if he was a total dog and everybody else was playing well, nobody made up for his poor play and blame needs to be shared for that.

The tactical kickers also need a rocket......some big names need to be hooked this week, let's face it, the season's f*$%ed anyway, even with five wins and a couple of bonus points we need matches to go our way......bench some money men this week and get the attitude right!
    ... Drew has flaws I said it. I know he has flaws though... It just might not show.

I agree, I don't think he is adequant at 15 but also he is more than capable at 11. You got the defensive thing I tried (and failed) to say before. It is, from a spectator's point of view, an easier position to tackle from on the wing that at FB. And Drew does use the sideline in his defense which is mostly effective. But at fullback what he does just isn't up to scratch and I think if Cam isn't better DHP should be brought in at 15 with Drew and Staniforth on the wings and Sare on the bench.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Robyn, it appears that you are on your own with this one.
    For me the turning point was the wheeled scrum and resulting turnover. Horua could have cleared but stuffed it up.
    The (starting) back-rowers were brilliant and outplayed their Cane equivalents.
    Pek was playing well and got pulled, I would wonder why. Aside from the (Drew) mistackles I thought the on-feild leaders were ineffectual when the heat came on.

I ain't over til the fat lady sings,............tonight the fat lady was named Jane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post

I ain't over til the fat lady sings,............tonight the fat lady was named Jane.
    And once Jane finds out you called her fat, you aren't safe in Christchurch, Woody

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    For me the turning point was the wheeled scrum and resulting turnover. Horua could have cleared but stuffed it up.
    Maybe he could have but the decision to take the scrum in the first place rather than play field position was the real stuff-up.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8