WALLABY No.8 Richard Brown has been recalled to the Western Force lineup for the clash with the Queensland Reds at Subiaco on Friday night.

Brown has been out for three weeks with a shoulder injury he sustained in the Force's win over the Brumby's in February.

Brown, whose inclusion is the only change to the starting pack that took on the Sharks last month, said he was anxious to take to the field in what was likely to be an intense match.

"I'm looking forward to this weekend. Everyone looks forward to an Australian derby," Brown said.

"They are generally intense games, it could be a really tight game, it could be an ugly game."

The 24-year-old said he looked forward to his battle with Reds No.8 Leroy Houston.

"They have a lot of strike players, but we've got our own and that should make for a good game."

Brown, whose contract is up this season, said he was concentrating on Friday night's game and would be taking his time with negotiations.

"There's many, many things that contribute to a contract deal," Brown said.

"It's football first and then wherever I'm happiest. I play my best football when I'm happy and enjoying it."

A new look backline for the Force will feature six Test players.

Teenager James O'Connor comes back at inside centre from fullback against the Sharks, with Nick Cummings returning to the left wing having recovered from a hamstring injury.

Drew Mitchell moves to fullback to face his former Reds teammates.

Second row Sam Wykes has been selected in the match squad for the first time this season following shoulder surgery last year.

The Australian under-20s player had a full shoulder reconstruction following an injury at training during last years Force Development Tour of the UK.

Coach John Mitchell acknowledged the game is a must-win for his side if it is to keep its finals chances alive.

"We've got no choice but to take responsibility for our own future in the 2009 competition and to do that we will need to bring a positive mentality and will be willing to chance our arm in each of our remaining games," Mitchell said.

"The bye last week gave us an opportunity to reassess our position and set our targets for the remainder of the season and there's no doubt we need greater cohesion in the second half of our campaign."

Mitchell said he believed the Reds to be the most improved Australian side and the visitors would test his side.

"We go into the second half of the competition seeking a greater enthusiasm and cohesion.

"We've got to deal with one game at a time.

"That in itself is a huge challenge. We are looking forward to it."

He said Brown would face a challenge, coming back after the break, but his inclusion would be "vibrant".

The side was fortunate to have Tamaiti Horua as a replacement if Brown did not last the full game along with Sam Wykes who played in a local club trial last weekend.

Mitchell described Wykes as an exceptional footballer with a wonderful future.

"We've got a lot of faith in him and we've brought him straight back onto the bench," he said.

He had opted for Giteau and O'Connor to give him the option of two playmakers.

"I'm a big believer in the double ball player. We've gone for that mix."

He was hopeful that Wallaby fullback Cameron Shepherd would be back from his ankle injury next week

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...005401,00.html