Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tamaiti Horua signs for Ulster

vCash

Tamaiti Horua signs for Ulster

Ulster Rugby has today announced the signing of Tamaiti Horua, from Super 14 side, Western Forces, on a two year contract. Horua will join Ulster in the pre-season.
    The 115kg, 1.91m New Zealand born, Melbourne raised blindside flanker, can also play No 8. An experienced, creative and physical back rower, the 26 year old has 42 Super 12/14 caps to date, and made his professional debut in 2002, with the Australian side Brumbies.
    The same year, Tamaiti captained the Australian U21 side. He has also played for the Australian U21s in 2001, the Australian U19s in 2000, and more recently Australia A in 2003 and 2005.

Described as a "powerful forward, with clever ball skills," Horua will bring a great dept to the Ulster backrow for the 09/10 season.

http://www.magnersleague.com/570_3124.php

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    damn!
    but good luck to horua

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

Champion
    vCash
    This lot will be very happy....and he will return to lead the Victorian Super Rugby team at 29

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    For such a flash resume it is amazing how under the radar he really is in Australia!
    Good luck mate, see you in Melbourne

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    all the best to you, tamaiti! you have been great with the Force, no doubt you will be great with Ulster

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    "Western Forces"...

vCash
    Sad to see Tamaiti leave, he had a storming game last year when we beat the blues and I thought he would be the goods, but after a few injuries just has not seemed to fire up this year. Thanks for the memories and best of luck.

On another note of players leaving, I seem to remember a month or so back RugbyWA was saying Richard Brown was ready to re-sign and they merely trying to help him better his Wallaby top up, how come nothing has happened and now the Reds seem to be throwing about a possible move back there?

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    anyone else getting depressed about all of these people leaving - obviously wish Horua all the best on his adventure North and Ulster are right on the money to welcome him with open arms - just wish he would stay.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Not me TQ1, because next year is going to be a ripper
    A team with passion rather than individuals with stars in their eyes.
    BRING IT BABY!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    anyone else getting depressed about all of these people leaving - obviously wish Horua all the best on his adventure North and Ulster are right on the money to welcome him with open arms - just wish he would stay.
    I agree , I am getting a bit concerned. I am not sure how every one else feels, but since Greg Harris took over the reigns we do not seem to have made any "big" signings in fact we seem to be behind the eight ball with losses out weighing gains. Do we need Pete O Meara back, while his tactics may not have been to everyones liking he brought through some big names in tougher circumstances than we have now

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Not me TQ1, because next year is going to be a ripper
    A team with passion rather than individuals with stars in their eyes.
    BRING IT BABY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    I agree , I am getting a bit concerned. I am not sure how every one else feels, but since Greg Harris took over the reigns we do not seem to have made any "big" signings in fact we seem to be behind the eight ball with losses out weighing gains. Do we need Pete O Meara back, while his tactics may not have been to everyones liking he brought through some big names in tougher circumstances than we have now
    I'm starting to fall a bit on the Burgs side of this argument.

I reckon I'd rather sit and watch 14 losses by an overmatched team who give it their freakin' all than underperforming superstars who rip my heart out every week by losing to teams they should be beating!

C'mon the

vCash
    If we don't beat the Reds were F***** this season. Again were just not among the big hitters. Are we the SA version of the Cheetahs or Lions?

I'll never stop being a supporter of the Force but f*** me it would be nice to be considered a power house of the comp.

I base all this solely on Subiaco Oval. MES should have been our home ground from day dot. By now we would have the reputation from other teams of "I bloody hate playing in Perth that place is like a fortress. You can't beat the Force at home with that crowd behind them".

Better win Friday boys or it's next year, we'll get em next year.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Seriously, if it was the stadium how could they possibly win away? It may not feel like "home", but it cannot possibly be more alien than someone elses ground.

vCash
    Mixed emotions about this one, I'm all for Ulster improving, but not at the Force's expense...Besides, I just can't get used to players signing on with new sides (for next year) while still under contract... I can't think of it ever happening in the States, in any sport..But in the long term for the Force, I think it's definitely better for any franchise (and their fans!) to start with a solid core of "homegrown" talent upon which to build, rather than trying to buy a championship. Baseball's Florida Marlins bought 2 titles, each time having to sell off all their expensive talent, as a result, their supporters stay away in droves.. While it is possible to buy a championship; it seems a lot more difficult to buy loyalty..

by and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth-george carlin:

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah, sorry WRF, like the sentiment but I think that's a fairly long bow.
    I agree re Reds though, if we can't beat someone as ordinary as ourselves, at home, then we are fairly ordinary.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast