Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Waratahs firm as Drew Mitchell tests market

vCash
    When the going gets tough, the weak get going. This is a carbon copy of his miserable performance with the Qld Reds a few years back when they had troubles.

Drew Mitchell has an inflated opinion of his ability and desirability. Personally, I think he will fit in beautifully with the other losers that comprise the Waratahs backline.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    I am bit concerned how quickly we all seem to be ready to chuck him out. He has improved immensly with us, and over the past year there are not too many people able to get the ball back to our players once down in a tackle, he has stregnthened up and is great fighter for the ball once down in the tackle.

Yes, he may be a bit more replaceable than others, but lets get real. Cummings is still very young and while improving has some way to go, more worrying is that he seems injury prone. Spanners is more a centre than a wing and his missing speed showed up on Saturday night. Tatapatu, Pelesasa, Oconnor, Daruda are all really inside backs and outside backs we are not laden with too much depth.

Again, I must say Drew please sign with us we need you.
    Tazzmania, give Cummins another year or two and he'll be wearing the wallabies colours in the mean time, With the departure of Gits and Mitchell (probably over 1.5m a year for both salaries) we could get an international standard winger who can then develop Cummins and other wingers like DHP. I agree that Tata - Pele - JOC and Daruda are not wingers but I think d.mitchell is more thinking of the money and mates more than football if that is the case let him go if its not then I'm the first to retract my comments today and previously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    When the going gets tough, the weak get going. This is a carbon copy of his miserable performance with the Qld Reds a few years back when they had troubles.

Drew Mitchell has an inflated opinion of his ability and desirability. Personally, I think he will fit in beautifully with the other losers that comprise the Waratahs backline.
    These guys came here for the dollar now they've got it (bar Gits and Firepower) they want to go back to home cooked meals with Mum!
    Lets just get a team together that want to play with commitment and consistency.
    What has Valentine come here for? Just to play with Gits? I think not. but now he wants to go..... then p*** off then.
    We can spend the money on some one who will appreciate the chance.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    I am bit concerned how quickly we all seem to be ready to chuck him out.
    I am not sure we are chucking him out. This has been a done deal for a while and the team will move on from it much more easily than if certain others leave. I personally find it a strange move - at the moment the Waratahs are hardly a team that encourage or promote running backline play, so he will definitely not see as much ball as here. He won't get a look in at 11 given the investment in Lote, he will have serious competition for 14, so you'd have to think he is going over as a long term fullback. Not a position with a happy history in NSW, and he may well find himself pigeon-holed with Hewatt and Sam Two-dads. It will help that he is already a Wallaby, but he is seen as a Wallaby winger and he may well fall off the radar at 15.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOBSRFC View Post
    These guys came here for the dollar now they've got it (bar Gits and Firepower) they want to go back to home cooked meals with Mum!
    Lets just get a team together that want to play with commitment and consistency.
    What has Valentine come here for? Just to play with Gits? I think not. but now he wants to go..... then p*** off then.
    We can spend the money on some one who will appreciate the chance.
    Last time i looked i thought giteau was a player and not the WESTERN FORCE. Take a gamble force and buy a world class player who wants to wear the BLUE and get rid of the likes of money hungry players wanting to play with an individual, there is still another 14 players on the field not 1 acting like 15.

We lose Giteau, we replace him, We lose Mitchell we place him, we lose Valentine we replace him. S**T load of money there to put back into the kitty.

This is my dream backline for the Force in 2010 you may not like it but my thinkings..

Starters Replacement

15 - Shep 15r - Staniforth
    14 - Cummins 14r - Sare
    13 - Cross 13r - Tatupu
    12 - O'Driscoll (give him giteau's salary) 12r - Junior
    11 - Digby (doesn't he want to return) if not Paul Sackey or Doug Howlett11r - DHP
    10 - JOC 10r - You'd hope not required
    9 - Adam Clarke 9r - Chris O'Young

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post

Starters Replacement

15 - Shep 15r - Staniforth
    14 - Cummins 14r - Sare
    13 - Cross 13r - Tatupu
    12 - O'Driscoll (give him giteau's salary) 12r - Junior
    11 - Digby (doesn't he want to return) if not Paul Sackey or Doug Howlett11r - DHP
    10 - JOC 10r - You'd hope not required
    9 - Adam Clarke 9r - Chris O'Young

Great Looking side that one Benny only down side is we only allowed two foriegn players arent we? One being international other development player. But would be nice to get Digby back then save one international spot for the forwards.

"The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

vCash
    Drew will fit right in at Tamarama wearing his swimming cap.

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Go development in the backs and go hard for some more forwards to bolster the ranks...what's Rocky Elsom doing next year? Throw some cash his way - I'd like to see us with a genuine blindside and not three opensides...

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    why would Drew Mitchell want to join NSW, who seem to care less about there backs compared to everyone else in the comp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    why would Drew Mitchell want to join NSW, who seem to care less about there backs compared to everyone else in the comp.
    Think Ox hit the nail square on the head re: Glamarama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    Pin-Up-Props & Handsome Hookers
    Mmmm
    But don't forget - "Great No. 8s"

Keeping the Faith ... right here in Perth!

vCash
    Everyone talks about Valantine leaving - i though he came to perth because he could not get a game alsewhere - can't see him leaving given he is an almost certain starter here

Jasper

vCash
    he also came to play with gits
    and is good frends with drew so if he leaves who knows what will happen!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lara93 View Post
    he also came to play with gits
    and is good frends with drew so if he leaves who knows what will happen!
    Thats what he said in the media, just ignore the fact that he was 3rd choice at the Tahs last year. Probably 3rd choice if he went to the Brumbies. He might get a game at the Reds at the moment but thats because choices 1 and 2 are injured and suspended
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Mitchell is a big loss and its silly to say otherwise...

Don't treat your transitory players as disloyal… be warned it will put others off, future and present...

Mitchell is no Joe Roff yet but he is an exciting player with youth on his side...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast