WESTERN Force coach John Mitchell has made six changes to his starting line-up for Saturday's Super 14 clash against the Sharks at Subiaco Oval.
Mitchell has brought in 92-game veteran Scott Staniforth for his first starting appearance of the season after Cameron Shepherd and Nick Cummins were injured in the 23-all draw with the Crusaders last Saturday.

Shepherd's No.11 jumper will be taken by Drew Mitchell with teenager James O'Connor slotting in at fallback for the first time.

The final move in the back line brings Junior Pelesasa into inside centre.

Staniforth, who had 10 minutes against the Cheetahs in round two on his comeback from injury and played most of a Sydney club trial game a fortnight ago, said: "I feel like I'm an 18-year-old again. It's great to get back out there."

With eight games left in the regular season Staniforth is hoping to keep his spot and collect his 100th Super cap.

"I will be great...make the most of it this weekend...stay injury free and hopefully get them (the 100 Caps) this year

He said it was frustrating watching from the sidelines. "I'm really looking forward to this weekend."

He said he was fully fit and back to full pace after working hard on his speed in training in the past couple of weeks.

Despite more forced changes to the backline because of injuries Staniforth said it was important to get a stable line-up.

He said the backline named for the Sharks had a number of good ball players, but they would need to be on top their game after the Sharks were beaten in Queensland last week.

"The Reds didn't do us any favours. They (Sharks) will be ready to go," he said.

"We have to make sure we start from the whistle. We seem to wait until we get a kick up the backside.

"It's up to every individual to make sure we turn up this weekend."

He did not expect to be playing in pink in his first run-on of the season.

"There have been a few jibes, Drew Mitchell feels at home in it, a few boys are too comfortable!"

Mitchell has also made two changes to his starting forward pack, with Australian under-21 second row Tom Hockings coming back to partner his captain Nathan Sharpe, while Australia A flanker Matt Hodgson gets the No.6 spot where he started against the Brumbies three weeks ago.

Mitchell said he wanted his side to get out of the blocks much quicker than the past two weeks.

"We've had to address our starts but being able to build and sustain pressure with the ball is something that we have to achieve more consistently in order to get results," Mitchell said.

"Our effort to get back into the contest in the second half against the Crusaders last week was outstanding but the players are hungry to produce a complete 80 minute performance.”

The force will wear special pink jumpers on Saturday to raise awareness and funds for the Breast Cancer Foundation of WA.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...005403,00.html