Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Who's fault is it?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Ive been sprung!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Too many armchair critics in this state who are tucked up in bed or live in a very isolated world from what really goes on out there day and night.

Spend a week, no a night with the boys in blue and you'll see how Perth really is.

There is a community of people out there, Ambos, Police and the frontline staff at our Emergency Room hospitals who know what it's like.

By the end of a shift you would be questioning why do you come back every night for this!!!!

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    I know that this could be taken the wrong way, but what the hell.

What would the reaction have been to the police using lethal force on the individual launching a flying headbutt while he was in the action?
    I would think that the attack on the police officer could be seen as potentially life threatening, so would we be comfortable with the police shooting him during the attack?

There are probaly two underlying problems in this case. One is how technology has changed our thoughts about guilt and the presumption of innocence. Thanks to surveilence technology there is no doubt about who attacked the police officer, so in order to presume the offender is innocent we have to also presume the police were in the wrong, which is the absolute opposite of how our world should be in my opinion.

The second problem is that ultimately the police are societies threat of violence. No law can ever exist if an individual or group that is willing to use violence and killing can not be stopped by using an equal level of violence. However as a society we are very uncomfortable with this and try to do everthing we can to avoid facing this fact. In order to feel that "we are not like them" we put our police officers at more risk and possibly ourselves too.

There is a genuine moral dilemma in how to stop violence and I don't think that there is any one correct position or answer, only what each individual considers acceptable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Too many armchair critics in this state who are tucked up in bed or live in a very isolated world from what really goes on out there day and night.

Spend a week, no a night with the boys in blue and you'll see how Perth really is.

There is a community of people out there, Ambos, Police and the frontline staff at our Emergency Room hospitals who know what it's like.

By the end of a shift you would be questioning why do you come back every night for this!!!!
    My nana used to work in emergency, years ago before I was even born! but she tells me all these horror stories :s she only spent two and a half years there but its effected her life forever! she went on to care for the jeriatrics ... (I don't know if the a socially acceptable to call them that these days )

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post

Its the drug problem that is leading to a lot of this violence,not just in Perth, but in evey Australian city
    but this is another story

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Its the drug problem that is leading to a lot of this violence,not just in Perth, but in evey Australian city
    but this is another story
    Drugs are a big issue but alcohol is still the major contributor. A mix of both is of course very common and wrestling with someone having a bad ice experience is not fun.

Er's are just full of people who get pissed and expect people to take care of them or the victims of the pissed persons aggression.

All the real people in need of help are in the ramped ambulances out the front waiting to get in.

Any excuse to get pissed and have a good time, that's the real problem with people. I like a beer but it never has and never will impact on someone else.

Lastly, the father who got tasered was tasered after he was kicking and punching the police at the scene. If you kick or punch an officer then there's a good chance you may get tasered. The police are not society's punching bags, neither are ambos or ER nurses and staff.

vCash
    Today's "word on the street" is that a demonstration/march will be organised for one day next week (possibly Friday), starting near police hq near the waca and ending up near parliament house. Friday lunchtime-ish. Keep a look-out for the details as they are likely to emerge Monday. Might be good if all the opinion expressed on twf can be translated into some action by turning up and jointing the demonstration.................

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    but someone who delivers a flying headbut is not in his first brawl.
    I think that sums up the entire dismay of the populous of WA just perfectly!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5