Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seniors Fixtures

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Neddie View Post
    Doesn't mean much. Those islanders play some dumb rugby.
    Lucky this is all done on the net hey.

Comments like this OK it's about their rugby style granted but last year during the finals series there were comments on this site about how they'd also be too dumb to use a computer. Problem was they were looking at this site and were pretty pissed about the said comments.

Look at Toulon, money isn't everything. Although it is nice to see different clubs getting on top rather than the usual WA stalwarts, Neddies, Cott Etc.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    would love to know where you folks hear all this stuff from... one cook islands sevens is hardly a whole team...and besides he is from cook islands and he is a sevens player...not actually an international...why would he come to wanneroo? oh thats right our 400 000 budget....yeah right....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RooDog View Post
    would love to know where you folks hear all this stuff from... one cook islands sevens is hardly a whole team...and besides he is from cook islands and he is a sevens player...not actually an international...why would he come to wanneroo? oh thats right our 400 000 budget....yeah right....
    Nice first post Dog.....don't fear, we never let the truth get in the way of a good slagging of opposition clubs.

Are you having trouble between your head coach and the players? Has anybody hammer thrown a Quokka yet? Surely Firepower is involved somewhere?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    That's probably because they will be the only clubs with no teams in the finals!

On another note, I heard from an unnamable source on the weekend that Wanneroo have had a $400,000 budget this season with which to purchase additional players.

I personally don't believe any local club has that sort of money, but has anyone else heard the rumour or have any inside information?

It'll be some team, if they have. Maybe that's why they didn't enter a team in the sevens, to keep their new stars under wraps? Don't really blame them.
    If we look at your club's sevens team (including the coach) then it is you guys that have been spending the money fulvio How many locals do you have in the squad there mate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RooDog View Post
    oh and neddie...keep the comments coming about islanders it seemed to serve you well you the finals of last season... i know our islander contingent particularly enjoyed reading it on the eve of our semi against neddies last year..
    Welcome aboard Roo Dog always nice to have another Wanneroo fan on here.

vCash
    Doesn't mean much. Those islanders play some dumb rugby.
    carefull Neddie I have seen a couple of those Island boys play the weekend and I see hard times ahead for most clubs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    If we look at your club's sevens team (including the coach) then it is you guys that have been spending the money fulvio How many locals do you have in the squad there mate.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. And Paly have Kiti this year.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KalaFan View Post
    Does anyone know when the fixtures for the seniors will be coming out, and does anyone know who's playing who in the pre-season?
    Didja know that the grade format has changed this year?

We'll have 1sts, 2nds, U/20s and U/18s and everyone else will be 3rd Grade. There will be two comps for 3rds: Gold and Swan. And teams will be playing for the Gold Cup and the Gold Shield and the Swan Cup and the Swan Shield.

Can't remember precisely, but it's along the lines of whomever finished 1st, 3rd, 5th etc will be in Gold and 2nd, 4th, 6th etc will be in Swan. I can't recall how the Cup and Shield bit works. I imagine you clubbies will know by now?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    They're all locals Piet. Just like the coach and the players your club imported a few seasons ago, and the players you have imported this year.

I've got no problem with that, every club, including yours and ours, is entitled to go to hell in its own way and pursue its best interests in every way it can.

But just cut the sanctimonious bullshit when you have no entitlement to any moral high ground.

And by the way, some of that $400,000, or whatever it was, was on offer down Palmyra way, but obviously it wasn't enough.

Holier than thou pretentiousness is endemic in many clubs in the competition, just as poaching and recruiting overseas players is. It becomes especially annoying however when it comes from the club which a few years ago decimated Nedlands by poaching half of its first grade, including the coach, and who a couple of years ago enticed the entire Southern Lions colts team to switch clubs.

Yet these Jesuits had the temerity to go whining to RugbyWA when a few of their players switched over to Palmyra, one of whom they poached from Palmyra in the first place!

vCash
    Give it up for Fulvio and the Palmyra rugby club everyone

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts
    vCash
    Where has all the loyalty gone. It seems nowadays that players change clubs depending on who puts on the better hungi.

Apprentice
    vCash
    i have to agree with fulvio, and neddie on above comments, loyalty has definetly gone out the window, the number players who have come through junior ranks and go on to play many years of senior or even 1st grade rugby is near on none. i hope this will change with the force being in town, having raised the level of senior comp. but i dont know when it started but somewhere along the line a club chose to import players and now it has become a case of join in or be damned. so i hold no grudges against clubs importing players, but i cant stand the imports who see it fit to jump ship the next season for a free t-shirt or better hungi (neddie). we have, in recent times only had some who actually wanted to be part of the club and understood the importance it held to all those that came before them and how much it means to those people that the club is successful. i only hope that a time will come where clubs can afford to put all those resources in junior development and retention because that is how rugby in this state will grow and flourish.

vCash
    Where has all the loyalty gone. It seems nowadays that players change clubs depending on who puts on the better hungi.
    no wonder kalamunda has such a strong squad

Last edited by goony; 11-03-09 at 09:31. Reason: forgot to add quote

vCash
    The bloke who cooks our hungi's is ex baysie...

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Yes, and probably ex every other club too!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast