Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Teen on Wallabies market as Beale linked to league move

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Beale and League is just a piss poor attempt at negotiating a better contract. Sad truth is that the NSWRU will probably fall for it.

Possibly. But he is from a Mungo background. He's a "westie" from Blacktown and got a scholarship to Joey's because of his football ability. His style would probably make him a star at League. He's got as much right to play all his cards as Gits or anyone else. Just as long as they don't fall our way.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    He can't tackle. Can't tackle = Can't play league.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Good ridance if Beale wants to leave he's nothing anyway, same with Rogers.

Just another league player who thought he'd be bigger than the game only to realise he aint nothing in this game.

Still think Lote would have been much much better if he'd played union instead of all that time at the Broncos, same with big Dell he was great to watch too.

Can't see JOC playing league think he's a true blooded union lad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Good ridance if Beale wants to leave he's nothing anyway, same with Rogers.

Still think Lote would have been much much better if he'd played union instead of all that time at the Broncos, same with big Dell he was great to watch too.

Can't see JOC playing league think he's a true blooded union lad.

You still letting those NH prejudices get the better of you WRLF?

Lote was picked at Number 26 in Inside Rugby Magazine's all time best fifty S14 players in front of a lot of good uns including Matt Giteau. "So what?" I hear you say. Maybe. But a lot of good judges including the top coaches, who get well paid for their opinions, agree. Ditto Beale, Rogers & Dell (and all the other RL players you seem to automatically slag off). They can't all be wrong and you right. Get over it.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Freudian or deliberate

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Lote was picked at Number 26 in Inside Rugby Magazine's all time best fifty S14 players in front of a lot of good uns including Matt Giteau. "So what?" I hear you say. Maybe. But a lot of good judges including the top coaches, who get well paid for their opinions, agree. Ditto Beale, Rogers & Dell (and all the other RL players you seem to automatically slag off). They can't all be wrong and you right. Get over it.
    I'm not a Giteau lover but Beale, Lote, Rogers and Dell all above him in top 50 and you say the judges are respected. No disrespect intended but come on!

Just happy to be here

vCash
    I think Beale believes he's destined for bigger better things and this might be his one chance to forage into League, test his dualism with the option of returning to Union for some unfinished busines while still a "mature youngster". He's a poser and as such will continue to be restless unless his options are tested out.

Last edited by KenyaQuin; 03-03-09 at 20:48.

vCash

Mate I think you need to re read the original post. I was saying Lote would have been much better at Union if he hadn't spent his early and best years playing league, that's a compliment to Lote. Big Dell was great to watch at Union, that's a compliment to Dell.

Rogers was average at union and is back where he belongs and union won't miss Beale if he leaves.

What am I supposed to be getting over?

vCash
    Beale can't tackle. Beale would be worked out by every coach in the NRL. He certainly wouldn't walk straight into the NSW state of origin team. He has been pampered by GPS sycophants and has an over inflated opinion of his ability because everybody from Brother Soreanus to the Ellas have told him he's Gods gift to the game.................everybody that is except coach Robbie Deans. Quade Cooper and JOC toured with the wallabies whilst KB had a summer canathon with his mates. Don't think his actions aren't being monitored by the fraternity.

He went from Joeys GPS toff rugby to the Tahs where he has had his head filled with helium. He hasn't lived up to the hype for mine and he knows it himself. He's scared. Minileague is a soft option for him. Be rugby league's "best in the world" and tour Wigan.

He has a few ahead of him in line for the Wallaby 10........that's before any of them get it off Gits who is likely to wear it for at least 5 years. Kurtley doesn't like the hard stuff. He's been handed everything on a silver platter and he'd rather go somewhere that will stoke his ego for his minimal input.

I think there is a chance he'll go to league........at least he might learn to tackle

I think he believes he won't get the wallaby 10 jersey that everybody told him he'd have for the 2011 RWC. He doesn't have the bottle for the effort required.

The young guns of Australian rugby are about to wage war for it. We didn't have a decent backup 10 for 20 years and suddenly there is about 4-5 who are all brilliant. It's like busses, you wait and wait and 5 come at once.

Kurtley is a rare talent but.............there can be only one. Australian rugby suddenly has a fistfull of dollars. Do we need a few dollars more?

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophies Horatio

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    WRLF?

Freudian or deliberate
    Deliberate. He earned WRLF. last season when jargs & I sussed that he knew the major topics of conversation from every NRL Footy Show episode for the past several seasons. Plus his admission that he probably owns more SOO Series on DVD than either of us two Mungos .

Rogers was average at union and is back where he belongs and union won't miss Beale if he leaves.
    Agree the second. Disagree the first. Rogers is a tremendous talent but he's been terribly injury ridden. Never had the chance to perform to his best consistently.

What am I supposed to be getting over?
    That ingrained anti RL prejudice. You know the "Thou shalt not mention the Northern Union in this house" one.

Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    I'm not a Giteau lover but Beale, Lote, Rogers and Dell all above him in top 50 and you say the judges are respected. No disrespect intended but come on!

Definitely don't agree with the rankings, TEF. Just renewing a bit of friendly banter from last season between a couple of Mungos and WRLF.

vCash
    Deliberate. He earned WRLF. last season when jargs & I sussed that he knew the major topics of conversation from every NRL Footy Show episode for the past several seasons. Plus his admission that he probably owns more SOO Series on DVD than either of us two Mungos .

Agree the second. Disagree the first. Rogers is a tremendous talent but he's been terribly injury ridden. Never had the chance to perform to his best consistently.

That ingrained anti RL prejudice. You know the "Thou shalt not mention the Northern Union in this house" one.

Definitely don't agree with the rankings, TEF. Just renewing a bit of friendly banter from last season between a couple of Mungos and WRLF.
    Ok lets clear this up, WRLF thats fine. I like three sports and won't watch anything else, Union, League and Boxing. Union is king and I'll watch the others if there's no union on. The Manly/Leeds game was great to watch and a bit of boxing thrown in as well which is always great.

"Thou shalt not mention the Northern Union in this house". I can't help my childhood, this is the way it was in our house. I was called a poof for watching league on tele as a kid, tough as nails dad I had who was union through and through.

The NRL footy show IS the funniest show on the tele and I own every DVD of it and all the Reg Reagen ones and all of the SOO greatest fights and hard men DVD's. Union needs some comedy injected into it. Clarkie, Kafe and Greg Martin are as funny as a fart in a lift. Kearns is slightly comical at times.

Rogers is a tremendous league talent, I bag him cause when he went back to League he said it was a tougher game, POOF!!!

I know alot about League from watching it and the NRL footy show, but I couldn't tell you most of the rules. I go for the Bunnies always have, working mans club.

BUT and this is the BUT, Union is the greatest game ever invented. It came around first, it has more players, it is truly an international game, it has real scrums, it has real rucks it has 15 players that have different jobs on the field, not two.

I would always stick up for my poorer cousin over any other sport, except the rich cousin of course.

Plus I enjoy the friendly banter from Jargs and Shasta, when it comes to rugby they know what they are talking about.

vCash
    Ok lets clear this up, WRLF thats fine. I like three sports and won't watch anything else, Union, League and Boxing....................................
    Plus I enjoy the friendly banter from Jargs and Shasta, when it comes to rugby they know what they are talking about.
    Well then we are in total agreement.

FRIENDLY banter is a great thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2