Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mitchell may follow Giteau

vCash
    Gits is irreplaceable as he is a class above the rest, however, Mitchell is very good but not irreplaceable we have some great young backs that can fill in the wing and with Sheps good for this year and next fullback covered. If he wants to go it will be sad, but we can live with it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    If he wants to go then piss off and while were going any one else who is secretly thinking of leaving well then don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

I go for the Force, not individual players who think they are bigger than the team.

I don't care if we sat on the bottom for the next 5 years to rebuild which won't happen but if it did I'd stick by MY team.

Players will come and go and some will stick around and be legends of the Force and have their picture on the wall with "Club legend" underneath it. Gits and some of the others will have a small picture with "Played for a bit" underneath it.
    I agree that if players want to go let them go. But how can you begrudge them for leaving? I hate to say it, but a good percentage of our beloved Force have left other states and clubs to play here, yet we have embraced them with open arms when they get here. But if they dare leave us, all we can offer is a kick up the backside. How is that fair? We're only happy to support individuals so long as they play for the Force? Be serious. By all means, support our team, but don't be so petty as to chatised individuals who come and go. They have careers to think about, unlike us.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Gotta look outside the box.
    Or inside the box as the case may be

I was/am on record here before we signed him, when we signed him, after we signed him and again now that we have lost him.
    Gits is not the messiah (and yes, he is a very naughty boy too) and I believe it was a mistake from the outset.
    While we gained a walking billboard, which appears to have achieved nothing anyway judging by financials and memberships, and he may have played some good matches for the Force, I believe it came at the expense of a settling and maturing team and especially at the expense of a potentially great #10-#12 combination in Jimmy and Stanners.
    There is some plays of TEAM Rugby from during our first season that has never been matched by combinations and only surpassed by individual acts of random "brilliance" by a very solo "save the day" styled player.
    Life was and would have continued to go on prior to Gits coming West and it will continue to go on after his departure.
    And yes, while some players cite playing alongside Gits as one of the reasons they may have come to the Force originally (along with being Coached by Mitch), that doesn't mean that two seasons later they still rate that as the highest deciding factor and, if so, why are the Reds and Waratahs suddenly getting excited, if it is a Gits inspired move (and he is heading to the Brumbies) then guess what, Brisbane and Sydney is as much Canberra as Perth is!
    As a few have now voiced, I support the Force, even with its crap name and putrid colour. It is my team through thick and thin.
    While I certainly have my favoured players, it is and always will be about the team #1.
    We are a young team by all measures and are certainly still developing our style of playing, our traditions and our passions. But one thing is for certain, that will not waver due to however many players may or may not depart this season.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Well said Burgs there endeth the lesson

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post

I was/am on record here before we signed him, when we signed him, after we signed him and again now that we have lost him.
    Gits is not the messiah (and yes, he is a very naughty boy too) and I believe it was a mistake from the outset.
    While we gained a walking billboard, which appears to have achieved nothing anyway judging by financials and memberships, and he may have played some good matches for the Force, I believe it came at the expense of a settling and maturing team and especially at the expense of a potentially great #10-#12 combination in Jimmy and Stanners.
    There is some plays of TEAM Rugby from during our first season that has never been matched by combinations and only surpassed by individual acts of random "brilliance" by a very solo "save the day" styled player.
    Life was and would have continued to go on prior to Gits coming West and it will continue to go on after his departure.
    And yes, while some players cite playing alongside Gits as one of the reasons they may have come to the Force originally (along with being Coached by Mitch), that doesn't mean that two seasons later they still rate that as the highest deciding factor and, if so, why are the Reds and Waratahs suddenly getting excited, if it is a Gits inspired move (and he is heading to the Brumbies) then guess what, Brisbane and Sydney is as much Canberra as Perth is!
    As a few have now voiced, I support the Force, even with its crap name and putrid colour. It is my team through thick and thin.
    While I certainly have my favoured players, it is and always will be about the team #1.
    We are a young team by all measures and are certainly still developing our style of playing, our traditions and our passions. But one thing is for certain, that will not waver due to however many players may or may not depart this season.
    I was talking about props not Giteau! I would agree with you on most of what you've said Burgs but I would like to mention that Jimmy got injured in round 1 2007 and was out for half the season. In an ideal world your right thhough.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post

A walking billboard burgs?.... gee I hope the rest of the team and the guys that are considering leaving for brighter futures read your diatribe...your doing wonders for your team here keep up the good work…

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3