Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Some more negitave publicity: TIME TO DECIDE IF THE FORCE IS WANTED

vCash

Some more negitave publicity: TIME TO DECIDE IF THE FORCE IS WANTED

TIME TO DECIDE IF THE FORCE IS WANTED

The Brumbies had every reason to resent losing Giteau to the Force in the first place. Bad enough that they had to farewell the man around whom all their makeover plans hinged, but they lost him to a franchise that flouted the rules by helping to arrange a dodgy third-party deal with a backer who ultimately went broke and couldn't pay up.

The Reds were even more drastically affected. Not only were established stars such as Nathan Sharpe, Drew Mitchell, Tai

McIsaac and Junior Pelesasa plundered, but the heart of their next generation of players was also ripped out of their academy.

If the Force didn't exist, David Pocock, Richard Brown, James O'Connor and Tom Hockings all would have gone on to play for the Reds.

"Add those players to what we've now got and that's a very formidable team," Reds' coach Phil Mooney observed on the weekend.

"They knocked off our entire succession plan. Maybe they did us a favour because they forced Queensland to reassess a lot of things but in the short term they hit us for six."

THE REST OF THE WHINGE ARTICLE HERE

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    ahh now you all know what it feels like to be a QLD Reds supporter back in 2005/6

vCash
    TOCC we are feeling the pain you guys did, however, unfortunately for us in the West unlike the other franchises, almost every member of the squad is merely working here with no real long term committments, the Reds and other franchises could survive our initial grab of players as they had stocks of their own that they could still call on, we have next to nothing.

I have a horrible sinking feeling that unless the ARU does something drastic and very soon, we will not be around for much longer, as a team that is not competitive is not going to attract sponsorship and the member numbers required to survive.

There is only so much great benefactors like Ross Graham and ET trading can help us out.

From a very sad Force member, that stood at Subi to rally for the Super 14 team, and attendee of every match in Perth, including friendlies, even the ones against the Japanese club sides some years ago, I pray that something comes and drags us out this quagmire I feel is enveloping our beloved Force

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC
    ahh now you all know what it feels like to be a QLD Reds supporter back in 2005/6
    Doesn't feel as bad as I imagine it would to be a 'tahs supporter

Tazz - we'll be right mate, there are only 140 odd squad positions in the country, I'm sure there are more than 140 suitable players. If we do have to start a fresh again and work our way up, we'll be all the more stronger for it.

I don't think we need help from the ARU. I don't even want to say this, but all we need is the time to build without any fear of losing our franchise.

Last edited by Darren; 23-02-09 at 18:10. Reason: added more...

vCash
    I think that this might be just the incentive to let go the players who only came here for the money and start looking for guys who want to be in WA because thats the only way they are going to get a shot at a wallaby jumper.

The East coast unions who would have prefered to have had Melbourne as their little biatch would be happy to see the Force fail and will point to the western reds and say that WA is an AFL only state and is no place for Rugby.

The force needs to get away from Subi and into a dedicated rectangular stadium ASAP. This will also give the club impetus to go forward.

Mind you, if we win the title this year, Gits will be kicking himself and Drew and JOC will be signing up again on the dotted line.

Let the force go in 2009

vCash
    come on guys, we all know it was "The recession we had to have" and now we (Australian Rugby) have weathed the storm. The players in question were all willing to leave there respective sides at the time for the lure of starting spots.
    Draft WTF?

Last edited by RuckNMaul; 24-02-09 at 05:09.
    <>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Doesn't feel as bad as I imagine it would to be a 'tahs supporter
    for that you need to douse yourself in petrol, light yourself on fire and then get your friend to put out the fire with a bike chain

then you say "thanks buddy, same time next week"?

vCash
    Of more concern is that since Peter O Meara left and Mr Harris took over, we have not had any good news come out from the Force, in fact he has been conspicous by his absence in all the turmoil, Mr Harris, that is, is he doing enough if anything and why is there so little tranparency in what he is doing if anything

another Eastern states recruit without his heart in the west

Bring back Peter O M

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Of more concern is that since Peter O Meara left and Mr Harris took over, we have not had any good news come out from the Force, in fact he has been conspicous by his absence in all the turmoil, Mr Harris, that is, is he doing enough if anything and why is there so little tranparency in what he is doing if anything

another Eastern states recruit without his heart in the west

Bring back Peter O M
    I don't know about the last sentence but the rest of it seems pretty spot on. Either it's a case of a fifth columnist in our midst or it's a new broom that's not taken the time to understand what should be swept clean.

The problems since the arrival late last year take some beating.

Mitches problems, local clubs don't have access the wf players for the domestic competiton, wf players can go back east to play outside s14 season .........

Maybe he's on a commission from the brumbies and the tahs ???

vCash
    Harris has been rather quiet - O'Meara was always in on camera, seems Stooke has taken over that role - whats left for Harris to do other than tow the board line...

Isn't RugbyWA an incorporated association? As a RugbyWA member (in addition and seperate to Western Force membership), do I have access to their board meeting minutes? Be an interesting read ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

Isn't RugbyWA an incorporated association? As a RugbyWA member (in addition and seperate to Western Force membership), do I have access to their board meeting minutes? Be an interesting read ...
    the freedom of information act?

vCash
    There are basic laws that an incorporated association must follow - members must be granted access to many of an associations documents on request. Board members are also nominated at AGM's - I get teh impression they have been diorect appointed at RugbyWA tho', so they are probably not an assoc ...

Champion
    vCash
    Tazz I am with you I feel EWF has about 2 years left and Melbourne will grab the opportunity with heaps of $ I hate been negitive but one has to be realistic, this is wht this stadium is so important........ bums on seats will help the cash flow.

Saw Drew on the TV he's gone although he said he "hadnt had his mind up" with a smirk, as did JOC hes leaning that way too I feel. I reckon Crossy will go to Brumbies as Mortlock is getting to the end.....

It's all so sad. I am woundering what EFW PR guy is doing cant we find some positive stuff to publish

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    ... I reckon Crossy will go to Brumbies as Mortlock is getting to the end.....
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Um...why does he have to depart just because Mortlock is nearly at the end? Why can't he stay here, play brilliantly here and play for the Wallabies? Seemed to work well last year.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    what im confused about, is why would anyone want to live in Canberra to start with, i say this with 100% honesty that i think it is the asshole of Australia, weather is shit, there is some strange sense of self-accomplishment except they are all cultureless hicks who havent achieved anything but overpaid doll work.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast