Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Some more negitave publicity: TIME TO DECIDE IF THE FORCE IS WANTED

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    .... but rugby related opportunities such as coaching and media at a high level is limited there!

how did that deduction come about?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Agree with most of that, but at the same time you can't ignore the marquee effect - even the Tahs (and apparently Wallabies) need their Lote and Tahu 'coz it is all about the bums on seats.

vCash
    the fact that there are twenty times the jobs as well as the networks that cover the games based over here!

how come your perents kept you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Agree with most of that, but at the same time you can't ignore the marquee effect - even the Tahs (and apparently Wallabies) need their Lote and Tahu 'coz it is all about the bums on seats.
    yeah, but the way the force fans here go on about there memberships is that they would support a team on the build.

nsw sucks in that regards as if we have an off year, we play directly opposite a few other sports and there are many supporters who support both codes and will choose were to go on a given night, hense were the marquee players come into it (something i dont personally agree with) i think the force are isolated wnough on the soorting calender in perth to achieve more with less. thats my main argument, the team will get there, the players will come through, you would be well on your way now instead of argueing about plugging gaps and worrying about mass exidess!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Agree to some extent - can't help but wonder whether we have squandered some of the "newness" factor. But it is tough building S14 ready 10's...you're unlikely to be consistently competitive without a good one, even NSW has historically struggled with the position and Beales's don't come along that often. I wouldn't be surprised to see a marquee player in the position next year (I suppose another advantage of Gits making his position clear early), much as I would rather see the money spent on forward talent and coaching.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    I reckon Crossy will go to Brumbies as Mortlock is getting to the end.....
    Not while Ashley-Simpson is there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyM View Post
    Not while Ashley-Simpson is there
    Ashley Simpson is Jessica Simpson's sister
    I hope you mean Adam Ashleigh-Cooper!!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Ashley Simpson is Jessica Simpson's sister
    I hope you mean Adam Ashleigh-Cooper!!
    Yes.... Um... I was aware of that. Calling him that is kind of a long-running joke

vCash
    My bad, didn't get the joke & never heard anyone us it before. A would have helped.
    Poor Coops, he hasn't even had a nose job like Ashley.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    i think some others in this thread misunderstand what were saying about building a team. breaking the rules to tempt a player over to your club doesnt create loyalty. the short term success that is spoken of in this thread comes with the fact that you create a playing group that is there for themselves. they serve the dollar and not the club. if giteau was trully on 1.5 million a year, you have to ask yourself, did another club offer 1.49 million or did firepower and the force inflate his price on there own to lure him to the west?

(im ranting, this isnt meant to be negative, i apologise if it seems that way! i just think you should rebuild from youth, 1.5 million buys alot of players, if you buy four good ones and one becomes great and sticks with the force through thick and thin, its better than buying one at 1.5 million in my opinion!)
    Some others being me? I have always considered sports players to be invariably disloyal. You do get some and those guys are truly admirable and loyal but in the end loyalty is generally thrown out the window when a quick buck is there to be made. I'd love to see a list of guys in Australian rugby that you think are loyal and why that is the case. Take your captain, Phil Waugh, is he loyal? He gets good money with his Wallabies contract, he isn't being or hasn't been chased by any of the other franchises so nothing has ever really tested him. But how will things go if the ARU doesn't top up his salary? My bet- first plane to France. And maybe I'm wrong- I certainly have been before but I am a skeptic and I stick by it. If you wanted to look at this from a negative perspective how can you recruit loyal Super 14 quality players? You can't because if they were loyal they'd have stayed with the team that developed them.

You are right that four good players for 1.5 million is better than one great one at 1.5 million. But who says these younger guys are going to be more loyal. It wouldn't surprise me if the old ones are the ones who are mature enough to make a long term commitment whilst the younger ones plan on leaving their families for a few years and returning when their original clubs start shelling out the cash. If you cut 20% off of all the Super 14 player's salaries- how many would go to France? How many would stay? Of those that stayed how many are only staying because they are comfortable where they are?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3