• He is a selfish bastard in the employ of the Melbourne Franchise

3 8.33%
  • He is a Mommies boy and just wants to go home

9 25.00%
  • He is tired of being used as target practice by the opposition teams

3 8.33%
  • More money in Canberra

5 13.89%
  • who cares....he's gone lets move on!... (slomo)

20 55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why is Gits leaving

vCash

Why is Gits leaving

Simple Poll - why do you think he is leaving

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    firepower & the coach

vCash
    BG add that to the list you should be able to add a question - I can't do it for you sorry.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I hate the "[ you ]" tag

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash

For good Reasons

-He was ripped off by firepower.
    -He dislikes the Coach.
    -One of the reasons he left the Brumbies was to get out of the shadow of Morlock, Larkham and Gregan and now he is the best in the world he is certainly out of the shadow.
    -He is sick of having to do everything by himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy91 View Post
    -He was ripped off by firepower.
    -He dislikes the Coach.
    -One of the reasons he left the Brumbies was to get out of the shadow of Morlock, Larkham and Gregan and now he is the best in the world he is certainly out of the shadow.
    -He is sick of having to do everything by himself.
    I'm afraid I disagree.

He was ripped off by Firepower, yes, but not the Force. The Force were not responsible for that. Giteau's out of the big name's shadows here, why would he be more out of their shadows at the Brumbies? I don't know enough about his issues with the coach but I'm pretty sure our backline has stepped been making play by themselves recently. Against the Tahs we had JOC nearly set up a solo try, Staniforth after receiving a kick from Giteau nearly putting Drew over, Valentine grubbering to Shepard and Shepard drawing in a couple of defenders and Staniforth sneaking in in the corner. They were depending on him but he's had a couple of inconsistant games recently and our backs have realised that they shouldn't depend on him so much. Maybe too little to late but he isn't doing everything now.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Apprentice
    vCash
    i love the force

but maybe his sick having to make every play, set up every point and win every game one player cant do everything himself...

he misses his family, the force sacked one of his best mates, they didnt pay him, the coach is a d**k, his from canberra and HE CANT DO EVERYTHING HIMSELF

stop being cruel giteau was the best thing that ever happened to the force

even if he leaves giteau dosnt deserve sh*t house fans who are only angry cause they know the moment he leaves the force will lose every game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    I'm afraid I disagree.

He was ripped off by Firepower, yes, but not the Force. The Force were not responsible for that. Giteau's out of the big name's shadows here, why would he be more out of their shadows at the Brumbies? I don't know enough about his issues with the coach but I'm pretty sure our backline has stepped been making play by themselves recently. Against the Tahs we had JOC nearly set up a solo try, Staniforth after receiving a kick from Giteau nearly putting Drew over, Valentine grubbering to Shepard and Shepard drawing in a couple of defenders and Staniforth sneaking in in the corner. They were depending on him but he's had a couple of inconsistant games recently and our backs have realised that they shouldn't depend on him so much. Maybe too little to late but he isn't doing everything now.
    Sorry I didn't make my self clear, don't get me wrong I love the Force and think they have a brilliant team, but I just don't think you can be too harsh on the guy he has done alot for the team.

I'm not saying he'd be more out of the shadows, im just saying now he has proved himself he can home.

And yes you are right the Force backline has started to play for themselves, but that's only now they have realised he is leaving but like you said it's to late for that to make him stay. Giteau may have had a couple of inconsistant games, but his inconsistant games are just as good as other players normal games, though he is leaving the Force he is still (arguably) the world best fly-half

As for the firepower situation no that's not the Western Force's fault but it still would have influenced his decision.

Like i said with or without him i still like the Force but playing for the Brumbies or the Force I still like Giteau!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbygirl92 View Post
    i love the force

but maybe his sick having to make every play, set up every point and win every game one player cant do everything himself...

he misses his family, the force sacked one of his best mates, they didnt pay him, the coach is a d**k, his from canberra and HE CANT DO EVERYTHING HIMSELF

even if he leaves giteau dosnt deserve sh*t house fans who are only angry cause they know the moment he leaves the force will lose every game
    come on even without him we will win more games than the dockers

vCash
    i love the force

If you read what I said above, I watched the replay of the Tahs game and he did not set up every point last game. The entire backline set up the points.

His best mate was sacked and that's why he should leave? The Force paid him what they owed him, Firepower did not. And the Coach is NOT a d**k. John Mitchell is I believe one of the best coaches going, who had an 80-something win percentage with the AllBlacks? If Giteau wants to be in Canberra then that is his choice, and that's a perfectly good reason for him to return if that's where he wants to be.

But he hasn't won us every game. He has been an important part of a lot of games we have won, however, he hasn't been the reason we won every single game. There are other able players in the team that cause wins too.

How is this being cruel?

We won't loose when he leaves. We have an outrageously capable backline who have stepped up recently. We need a strong flyhalf and we can win. We won't have players waiting for Giteau to do everything, like you say, we'll have a strong flyhalf who has his backline assisting in play and that will win us games.

Even if he leaves? He is leaving.

I'm not for bashing Giteau for going, though it might not show in what I've written above, but my point is that it is not the Force's fault he is leaving. He made the choice that it would be better for him as a rugby player and person to be in Canberra.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    who cares why he is leaving?

He is leaving, move on with your lives, life will continue, the Force will march on without him.

Apprentice
    vCash
    ok sorry i was a tad bit harsh.... i was just angry
    the force do have a very capable backline all international
    and some (some being the key word) really good forwards

i just didnt like the poll options all that much
    as he is one of the worlds best players and an awesome asset for the wallabies so
    most people should be thankful for him

o by the way i kno an allblack... robbie deans was mitchell's assiant coach at the time and apparently he did alot of the work

anyway yeah sorry
    but giteau is awesome and still does quiet abit for the force
    and there is no doubt they will miss him
    especially if some of those awesome players follow him

vCash
    Because he knew the Firepower book is coming out 4 May 2009....and O'Meara wouldn't give him a signed copy...

vCash
    ok sorry i was a tad bit harsh.... i was just angry
    the force do have a very capable backline all international
    and some (some being the key word) really good forwards

i just didnt like the poll options all that much
    as he is one of the worlds best players and an awesome asset for the wallabies so
    most people should be thankful for him

o by the way i kno an allblack... robbie deans was mitchell's assiant coach at the time and apparently he did alot of the work

anyway yeah sorry
    but giteau is awesome and still does quiet abit for the force
    and there is no doubt they will miss him
    especially if some of those awesome players follow him
    Sorry to weigh in late with my ignorance but I think you're both right and wrong.

Gits is the best player in the world, bar none, he has explosive speed, fantastic vision, great balance awesome instincts and solid defence....he's by far the World's best inside centre.......he's still only a converted flyhalf and this season his frailties in that position have been exposed. He frequently drifts across the field, ignoring the switchers running the in-line only to find the defence has drifted with him. He often changes his mind mid-play and everyone crashes into each other looking for position. His kicking out of hand is (at best) ordinary, most kicks either going direct to an opposition player who hasn't moved or grubbers spearing into touch with a chasing winger.....his play smacks of either poor communication or selfishness. I'm not sure which.

Now put the boy in 12 and everything he does is amazing, he has a bit more room to make the kicks, and he's more of a back up kicker. His job is to break the line and offload, he's there to cause havoc, not run the backline......this is the skillset I'd rather watch him produce for the in the future.

Before you ark up and call this sour grapes because he's leaving, check my posts from the first game of the season, they say the same thing. He was still undecided then.

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    sorry but i think your wrong
    maybe ur not angry at him for leavin...

but giteau is a great ten, plays better then any1 at current except maybe dan and last yr giteau looked better than him and no offence to the force or wallabies here i love them both but dan had a better team to work with then giteau

anyway not the point.... the point is giteau is not selfish, far from i mean crusaders game passed the ball to his winger even though he could have scored the try himself. He does everything expected of him and more (and far too much is expected from him) As for poor communication well just NO.. giteau as never had a decent halfback or forward pack for that matter to work off and he does wat he can with the shit he is given. Valentine has been an improvment his yr

he drifts across field tryin to find holes cause as i said his forward pack often fails, his infield kickin is not ordinary at best i mean his kicks do sometimes fail but who else can pull of a dummie crossfield kick and grubber instead. His kicking is poor cause he is constantly under pressure, this year not so much but wallabies last year the balls he received were over his head, to his feet or far to slow.

And maybe im being a tad biased cause giteau is pretty much my fav player but there is a reason he is and that reason is that he is not only the world’s best player but also a good guy who despite leaving has done a hell of alot for the force.

R.I.P shawn Mackay - Rugby community will miss you

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast