• He is a selfish bastard in the employ of the Melbourne Franchise

3 8.33%
  • He is a Mommies boy and just wants to go home

9 25.00%
  • He is tired of being used as target practice by the opposition teams

3 8.33%
  • More money in Canberra

5 13.89%
  • who cares....he's gone lets move on!... (slomo)

20 55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why is Gits leaving

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    People come and go, but the team and support is still here. The important thing to remember is that it is "WE" the supporters of rugby in WA that got us here and it is "WE" the supporters that will get us to where we are going!

DO NOT LOSE THE FAITH!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Gits is the best player in the world, bar none, he has explosive speed, fantastic vision, great balance awesome instincts and solid defence....he's by far the World's best inside centre.......he's still only a converted flyhalf and this season his frailties in that position have been exposed. He frequently drifts across the field, ignoring the switchers running the in-line only to find the defence has drifted with him. He often changes his mind mid-play and everyone crashes into each other looking for position. His kicking out of hand is (at best) ordinary, most kicks either going direct to an opposition player who hasn't moved or grubbers spearing into touch with a chasing winger.....his play smacks of either poor communication or selfishness. I'm not sure which.
    I don't totally agree with yourself or rugbygirl, but you have to be kidding right? Rugbygirl is right in one thing...that Matt Giteau IS the worlds best fly-half (well considering Carter is injured).

He is the perfect mix of an attacking/passing fly-half and a kicking fly-half, he (like his teacher Stephen Larkham) has a sharp rugby brain, he (again like Larkham) is the sort of player you can see thinking a couple of plays ahead. He tests the defence, puts a few little kicks in, takes a few little runs and then decides whats the best way to attack.

It's like Rod Kafer said on the rugby club, he didn't like Giteau in fly-half last year but the guy proved him wrong and showed how good he can do it. He has brilliant defence, can kick (both in-feild and at the posts), is speedy and is great with the ball in hand, he also has a great flat pace like Larkham.

I don't agree with rugbygirl that he does everything but he is a BRILLIANT fly-half.

Last edited by Amy91; 20-04-09 at 18:43.

vCash
    Get over it he as made his dicission the Force will survive with or without him.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Giteau is a great player at 12 and above average at 10 but Carter would eat Gits for breakfast at flyhalf.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Hydrangea View Post
    Giteau is a great player at 12 and above average at 10 but Carter would eat Gits for breakfast at flyhalf.
    No he wouldn't. Carter is undeniably great, but he as Rugbygirl92 previously stated has always had a better team to work with. If Gits had the forward pack or the speedy wingers or a decent scrumhalf like the All Blacks or the Crusaders of old he would carve up but he doesn't. No offence to the Wallabies or Force...love them...but they are just aren't of the same standard... well they weren't then but hopefully now with some new found depth we will definatly compete.

It's just rugby...Australia haven't had a great forward back in a long while and with out good forwards and a good scrumhalf the backs get slow, bad ball and are immediatly put under pressure by the opposing team. Carter has never had to worry about that.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy91 View Post
    No he wouldn't. Carter is undeniably great, but he as Rugbygirl92 previously stated has always had a better team to work with. If Gits had the forward pack or the speedy wingers or a decent scrumhalf like the All Blacks or the Crusaders of old he would carve up but he doesn't. No offence to the Wallabies or Force...love them...but they are just aren't of the same standard... well they weren't then but hopefully now with some new found depth we will definatly compete.

It's just rugby...Australia haven't had a great forward back in a long while and with out good forwards and a good scrumhalf the backs get slow, bad ball and are immediatly put under pressure by the opposing team. Carter has never had to worry about that.
    I pretty much think we have a great team and sometimes it is individulals that let us down........to blame team mates for the lack of success is pretty poor. I would hope that Gits would not do the same. It is a team game Amy91, the whole team needs loving.

Just happy to be here

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    If Gits had the forward pack or the speedy wingers or a decent scrumhalf like the All Blacks or the Crusaders of old he would carve up but he doesn't. No offence to the Wallabies or Force...love them...but they are just aren't of the same standard... well they weren't then but hopefully now with some new found depth we will definatly compete.

He will definitely like playing for the Brumbies then? Im confused Amy. 1, he is a excellent player and 2, i know forwards win matches. Good luck to him as he has been good for the Force without question.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    I pretty much think we have a great team and sometimes it is individulals that let us down........to blame team mates for the lack of success is pretty poor. I would hope that Gits would not do the same. It is a team game Amy91, the whole team needs loving.
    I do think at the moment we have a team with great potential, i'm not saying Giteau would blame his team or is better than his team. I'm just saying Carter has had it easier than guys like Larkham and Giteau, it's like Gregan in his last couple of years. He was criticised for being to slow...but he had slow ball from the forward pack so it wasn't all his fault (sure he was slowing down...but it wasn't all his fault).

Trust me i love the whole team...i really do...i just think Giteau is better than Carter. Plus the Wallabies will be way better than the All Blacks this year...ok maybe that's just wishful thinking.

vCash
    No I'm afraid Carter has miles on Giteau. With a different forward pack and everything, well that's a bit irrelevant because he doesn't have a different forward pack. It's like saying Lote would score more tries if he caught the ball more He has a new one at the Brumbies, but I personally think our's is better. I don't rate Giteau highly at 10. He is the best 12, but I rate a lot of guys ahead of him at 10. I've watched a couple of games in the Heikien cup recently and I thought their flyhalfs were actually just as good, if not better. The entire backlines are involved in play and it's just lovely to watch, I thought.

Giteau's kicking and his entire game I believe requires the extra few seconds before he gets the ball when he's at 12 to decide the very best option of play. *Shrugs* Maybe that's just me. But I believe he's not the WORLD'S best 10. He's a very capable 10, but I just rate him so much more at 12.

Rod Kafer? I only watch the rugby club as it gives me an excuse to shout at the TV

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Hydrangea View Post

He will definitely like playing for the Brumbies then? Im confused Amy. 1, he is a excellent player and 2, i know forwards win matches. Good luck to him as he has been good for the Force without question.

Didn't say that's why he is going to the brumbies just saying he is as equally good as or better than Carter.

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    No I'm afraid Carter has miles on Giteau. With a different forward pack and everything, well that's a bit irrelevant because he doesn't have a different forward pack. It's like saying Lote would score more tries if he caught the ball more He has a new one at the Brumbies, but I personally think our's is better. I don't rate Giteau highly at 10. He is the best 12, but I rate a lot of guys ahead of him at 10. I've watched a couple of games in the Heikien cup recently and I thought their flyhalfs were actually just as good, if not better. The entire backlines are involved in play and it's just lovely to watch, I thought.

Giteau's kicking and his entire game I believe requires the extra few seconds before he gets the ball when he's at 12 to decide the very best option of play. *Shrugs* Maybe that's just me. But I believe he's not the WORLD'S best 10. He's a very capable 10, but I just rate him so much more at 12.

Rod Kafer? I only watch the rugby club as it gives me an excuse to shout at the TV
    Fair enough...I respect your opinion...Giteau was a great 12 but i also think he is a great fly-half. In my opinion the rugby in the Heikien cup is a very differnt style of play to the southern hemisphere and also doesn't have the same calibre of players, and the backline plays aren't up to Giteau their up to the Coach.

Not saying Brumbies forward pack is better than the Force saying the All Blacks is better than the Wallabies (again no offence to the wallabies).

P.S I'm sure Lote would still find some other way to stuff up the try.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy91 View Post
    Didn't say that's why he is going to the brumbies just saying he is as equally good as or better than Carter.

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

Fair enough...I respect your opinion...Giteau was a great 12 but i also think he is a great fly-half. In my opinion the rugby in the Heikien cup is a very differnt style of play to the southern hemisphere and also doesn't have the same calibre of players, and the backline plays aren't up to Giteau their up to the Coach.

Not saying Brumbies forward pack is better than the Force saying the All Blacks is better than the Wallabies (again no offence to the wallabies).

P.S I'm sure Lote would still find some other way to stuff up the try.
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, the litmus test will be next year, comparing the performances of the Brumies and the Force with 2009. I predict the Brumbies will be slightly better but not "world's best flyhalf" better and the Force....well I'll wait to see exactly who's playing, but I wouldn't expect a huge drop in form.

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash

reply to every1

ok

1. i dont care if giteau is leaving the force and yes we still love the force, i care that people could be so harsh to him when he has done so much for the force

2. giteau proved last year he was up with carter if not better
    3. as i said carter had an awesome crusaders team and the allblacks, giteau has the force and the wallabies they are just not the same
    4. giteau would look better then carter if he was playin with those teams
    5. the heikien cup is shit and dosnt compare to the toughest rugby comp on the earth the super 14... come on northern hemisphere rugby sucks
    6. tuqiri is the biggest waste of ARU money ever
    7. really tuqiri just gets into teams on reputation
    8. agree with amy giteau is an awesome compo of running 5/8 and kickin 5/8
    9. i've seen dan carter eat breakfast its nothing special most certainly not giteau
    10. LOVE OF GITEAU
    11. LOVE OF FORCE, WALLABIES AND THE GAME PLAYED IN HEAVEN

yes giteau is leaving but he is best player in aus if not the world and awesome at both 10 and 12 and is wallabies n 10 even if fans think he plays better at 12

Last edited by rugbygirl92; 20-04-09 at 20:22. Reason: error
    R.I.P shawn Mackay - Rugby community will miss you

vCash
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, the litmus test will be next year, comparing the performances of the Brumies and the Force with 2009. I predict the Brumbies will be slightly better but not "world's best flyhalf" better and the Force....well I'll wait to see exactly who's playing, but I wouldn't expect a huge drop in form.
    Ok agree to disagree.

Brumbies will go better- but not that much, force won't have a huge drop...i can agree with that but in the long run i think they will drop as they will lose players- people want to play with Giteau that's just how it is. No matter what i'll still go for the force (and Reds and Brumbies and sometimes tahs when they play NZ or SA teams).

vCash
    Just to clarify, I never rated Gits as a great #10, my views have nothing to do with him leaving the Force.

C'mon the

vCash
    Just to clarify, I never rated Gits as a great #10, my views have nothing to do with him leaving the Force.
    Fair enough. I still rate him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast