Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bring back Chiselhead!

vCash
    It takes even less than that to get a post deleted sometimes. This topic came up at the bowlo last week - there was one occasion where some posts got deleted, seemingly because it distracted from a point someone was trying to make.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    i dont think there is a need to attack a player, and this is coming from a queenslander who has had many players walk away from the team in the past few years.

Sh#t happens, he is a professional rugby player as well, he needs to go where he feels he will be happy, his reasons for returning to Canberra is probably a combination of quite a few various reasons.

Even if you take that away, you get what you are given, Giteau left the Brumbies for the Force, from the start he had proven that he wasnt afraid to shift clubs.

I would personally have rathered Giteau stay in WA then moving back to the ACT, i think in a broader sense it would have benefited rugby union in Australia greater for him to stay in Perth.

But oh well, thats life.

vCash
    Yes, I agree people should try to use existing threads, don't spam us!

But also, fair enough for mods to edit for PG, but don't delete posts/threads unless absolutely necessary - a bunch of us were able to post, coherently and politely, our agreeing or dissenting opinions, and if a thread's deleted, those disappear along with it.

Keeping the Faith ... right here in Perth!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    :stalker:....now with an e-avo.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    From what I've observed as an outsider is that the moderators seem to selectively critique opinion and thats not the job of a moderator or editor.

Certain former players (Ione) have copped a lot of very, very unfair criticism and I dont understand why?

A players that cuter or more appealing to certain people, isnt a reasonable excuse for over use of editing and protection of the subject.

Objectivity is important in editing. And to be perfectly objective, a moderator should even contribute to commentary.

Any editor with half a brain will tell you that.

I enjoy reading the emotive commentary here. I dont agree with all of it and some of it is colourful, but people have the right to express their opinion.

Last I checked this was Australia, not some communist state...

ps - I'd excuse Gerry here. Clearly wise man!

vCash
    I'm all for freedom of thought, speech, choice, furniture et al- (the government has even promised me a medal for volunteering to defend the same freedom) CH was expressing an opinion - fair enough- Clearly he was very passionate about what he had to say but I was finding the vitriol a bit repetitive; Just as I probably would have found excessive and oft repeated gushing sycophantism the same. One thing about CH, he's not a case of 'all tip and no iceberg"!

vCash
    as someone that gets banned constantly for stating ones opinion, i would say that chis deserves what he got, he should have been banned alot earlier!

just cos he is a force man does not excuse his racism and swearing!

good work mods!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

vCash
    hahahaha doosch well that clears a few things up gerry

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    After reading that link Gerry - well as much as I could stand - I don't think he should be allowed back because it's seems all he does is try to antagonise everyone and get banned from sites, and is quite good at doing so.

And after reading the language and topics on that site, I think our moderators do a fantastic job. Everyone makes mistakes and gets emotional about topics from time to time, but on the whole they make this site a great place to visit and talk about rugby and all things associated with the fantastic sport it is.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    After reading that link Gerry - well as much as I could stand - I don't think he should be allowed back because it's seems all he does is try to antagonise everyone and get banned from sites, and is quite good at doing so.

And after reading the language and topics on that site, I think our moderators do a fantastic job. Everyone makes mistakes and gets emotional about topics from time to time, but on the whole they make this site a great place to visit and talk about rugby and all things associated with the fantastic sport it is.
    agreed!

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    I think Coach has covered most of this in his 'Sex' thread, but given that this entire thread is aimed at me I'll give a brief summary of my reasoning:

I do not have a problem at all with people having different opinions. I can understand why members are angry at Giteau for moving to the Brumbies and his associated actions even if I don't share that opinion. I respect the sentiment of Chis' posts and everyone elses.

If you trace through my history of moderation there have been very few times I have ever moderated anything beyond changing spelling or formatting, or moving threads to the correct forum.

So why have I chosen now to act? What I do have a problem with is abusive and offensive language. What I do have a problem with is repeating the same abusive and offensive language in 5 different threads. What I do have a problem with is that this site is respected and loved by people from all over the world (including Force players) and in essence, is supposed to be a Force supporters site, yet over the last couple of days does nothing to enforce that.

I have been accused of personal bias, of letting my feelings interrupt my moderating, and being inconsistent. However, my criticism is not specific to posts relating to Matt. If any member was posting about any player from the Force in this manner I would do exactly the same. The language used by Chis was entirely inappropriate. It contravenes site rules and is beyond insulting. We have always been a forum which refuses to tolerate that sort of language. For the most part I tried to keep the essence of the post, and a classic example is the one given at the start of this thread. The 'reinstated' post is in fact one which I edited down and the edit still remains. Another example is the one Coach has already posted in his 'sex' thread.

I have not deleted one of Chis' threads. I have not deleted an entire post. I have closed one of the 5threads abusing Gits because I felt a) it had already been covered in other threads, b) the thread had little purpose in and of itself. However, I did not delete it and you can still read it if you wish even if you can't post.

As for not banning Chis earlier, unfortunately you must appreciate that I can't be on the boards every minute of every day. I also respect the fact that there are other moderators on the board and try to remain consistent so it is a case of watching what we all do as well. In the end it reached a point where I thought it was entirely unacceptable.

As for smoting, I have the right like every other member to smote and praise things I don't agree with. That is not moderating.

If there is anything I have not covered feel free to ask or PM me or one of the other moderators, but I still feel justified in my actions. My apologies if you don't agree.

P.S. Chis will be back. As I told him, I have only banned him for a short period to allow him to calm down and be able to come back and start posting something worthwhile.

Last edited by Jehna; 23-02-09 at 19:05.
    "Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    chisel has gone fishing(for real fish) for a week
    I think he deliberately set himself up for a ban

vCash
    Should we warn the fish?!

Keeping the Faith ... right here in Perth!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    the fish will be safe Em

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast