Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Business syndicate claims Giteau did not trust Force

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Broken,

You appear to be right. Maybe the split between Mitchell and Giteau is a good thing for the Force.

As for the Board, any organisation that has a board full of 'mates' never works. Because politics and self interest blur reality.

I have no idea of the Force board, though they appear to have let Mitchell down badly.

If there arent member elected people on the board, then there should be. Are there women members on the board? There should be. If women make up 30 - 40% of the Force members, why shouldnt they have a voice on the board?

My view of elite sporting boards, like the ARU, is that they are dominated by a lot of old men, with over inflated egos and opinions that just wont let go.

Having people involved with a cross section of views and ideas, from all walks, is how to get some honesty.

Was this the same board that elected Mitchell as coach 3 years ago who are now trying to shaft him? If they are the same, then are they being loyal to the coach they appointed? Should they have a look at themselves? Who judges the Force board? Or is it a group of old mates in a job for life?

The NSW board is rife with politics and has held nsw rugby back for 20 years. I hope the Force isnt the same.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    My favourite part: "In a confidential email to board members of RugbyWA - the governing body of the Western Force - obtained by The Sunday Times, Stooke admitted that there were deficiencies in the organisation. "

How on Earth has a 'confidential' email make it to the Sunday Times...who's the leak and how did it make its way to a National newspaper?

Also "The club now has to start a hunt for a new five-eighth and will be hoping next week's negotiations with teenage sensation James O'Connor go well."

Next week they will be in Canberra...

Last edited by laura; 22-02-09 at 21:53.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    disgruntled employees, like the ones offended by the coach in some way.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Giteau has to grow as a player or he'll lose the Wallabies 10 jersey, there are now a few OZ 10s coming though. He knew he wasn't going to grow as a player under John Mitchell he had to move on. Additionally to be a Champion and you have to win Championships, if Giteau is to reach his full potential as a Flyhalf S14 Champion he had to go to another province.

The Brumbies have been rebuilding their squad and are now ready to be real contenders for the next few years. With Giteau back the puzzle is nearly complete, their backline will likely have most of the Wallabies Josh Holmes, Giteau, Mortlock, Ashley Cooper, Rathbone, Gerrard and perhaps Drew Mitchell.

Professionally Giteau’s sporting profile will grow based on the East coast and he will benefit form the extra media attention coming into the next world cup.

There is no point selling his house in Perth in this current market. He can still spend time with his girl there when he has the chance and enjoy the West coast life.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I find it interesting that the media focuses solely on the relationship between Mitchell and the players. Personally, I would look more closely at the phrase "Stooke admitted that there were still issues with the club's coaches". My feeling is that a large part of the problem lies there - problems within the coaching ranks and the administration not taking clear action would have to be far more destructive of player trust than simple personality clashes between individuals. It will also be why the players can be unhappy as a group with the coaching (interpreted by the "black-or-white" media as solely the head coach), but still able to be supportive of Mitchell. My guess - they don't care so much about the individuals, they just want a clear and coherent vision going forward. And Stooke is right...it requires the organisation to decide where they are heading, make whatever changes are necessary and then get everyone on the same page.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2