Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: lets look forward.....

Champion
    vCash

lets look forward.....

The game yesterday was scrappy but the ref controlled the outcome we have momentum now.

Team aganist the Brumbies will have to awesome these guys are good, I think you will find that the Force will turn around the season now. Lets hope. Live the game was pretty scappy but watching the reply on Fox actually played ok.......

Mitchell
    Cummins
    Scott S
    Crossy
    JOC
    Gits
    Josh
    Browny
    Pocock
    Horua
    Sharpie
    OConner
    Castle
    Tai
    LongBottom

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    So despite your hatred of Gits I see you still name him in your ideal side...

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Champion
    vCash
    Give him a go and see what is attitude is like.......... Hes good and he knows it

vCash
    apparently Gareth Hardy is out for 4-6 weeks after tearing the medial ligament in his left knee

Also J'OC is alson in doubt for next week with a badly sprained ankle, rated 50-50 to get on the plane
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    So despite your hatred of Gits I see you still name him in your ideal side...
    It is not about love and hate Jehna and that is where you have lost the plot, it is about on field performance and if you give your 110% at all times.
    It is about if you are loyal to your club and team mates for as long as you are a club member.
    It is about if you respect your fellow club members even if you are one of the worlds best.

Gits has not being doing this His performance has been far below par!!
    He has been lying to the media and to the fans So I suppose he was lying to his team mates as well.
    He did not even have the guts to tell all his team mates about the move they had to hear it from the media. Just show you how much the team means to him.
    I have never liked him but had to bear with him because he is one of the best in the world. But if I look at resent performance then I cannot even use that to justify his being in the team.

My 2 cents worth and if you do not like it you can smote it Jehna

vCash
    at the end of the day we support the Western Force, not matt giteau...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    Agreed! And Matt Giteau is currently a member of the Force squad.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    Who is a part of the western force

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Why JOC at 11, if we are going train him up prefer the idea of going on for Gits at the 60 minute mark ?

Apart from that JOC is only a 50 50 chance of getting on the plane this week.

From everything I've seen Stanners won't be playing a full game for a few weeks yet.

The Good news is that Sheps is back.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    It is not about love and hate Jehna and that is where you have lost the plot, it is about on field performance and if you give your 110% at all times.
    It is about if you are loyal to your club and team mates for as long as you are a club member.
    It is about if you respect your fellow club members even if you are one of the worlds best.

He has been lying to the media and to the fans So I suppose he was lying to his team mates as well.
    He did not even have the guts to tell all his team mates about the move they had to hear it from the media. Just show you how much the team means to him.
    I have never liked him but had to bear with him because he is one of the best in the world. But if I look at resent performance then I cannot even use that to justify his being in the team.

Absolutely PB! And if that is the case then why are you naming him?! I agree entirely that his performance on Friday was well under par. If he kicked that ball to the opposition one more time I was going to get up and take it off him myself! If he is performing as bad as you claim then why are you naming him? Perhaps I should have clarified that love and hate refered not to the player personally but to their ability as a player....that was a bad choice of words on my part so I apologise for that.

As to you're comments about loyalty, I don't think that Gits has shown that he isn't loyal. Everything that has come from his mouth personally suggests that he loves Perth, loves this team and loves the boys. He has enjoyed it immensely. But people move on. And I'm not going to begrudge him for that. I can't see how you can link his poor performance to him being disloyal. Since when do we not allow players to have a bad game? It happens. Their human. Even if you are supposed to be one of the world's best. I can assure you that the person that is being the hardest on his performance is Gits himself.

There is also nothing to suggest he has been lying to his friends, fans or the media. He has always maintained that he would stay until the end of 2009. He is. He has always had a clause in his contract which gives him an option to renew but he has never claimed to know whether he will. On Tuesday he made that decision. Absolutely it would have been in some ways great if the players heard it from him, but the reasons for not saying anything can be attributed to so much more than your petty attempts to link that to selfishness. For example, legal obligations, the official signing of the contract, the effect that making an annoucement of that nature would have on the team to find out right before a must win game...

THe implication is that I'm entirely blinded by my friendship here, but if that is true, then arguably some people on this board are equally blinded by their need to find the bad in everything he does, and in your case PB your long term dislike of him.

P.S. I don't feel the need to smote you PB because you're comments are well argued and not mindless abuse and inappropriate language

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash

Pieter the fact is that almost none of the players have been playing above or even at par. Name me 3. Do we sack the rest?

Yeah he hasn't been entirely honest but what exactly do you expect him to say? If someone asked you if you hated your boss on camera what would you say- my two cents says you'd be diplomatic. If he told the absolute truth it would do more harm than good. On the topic of the team meeting- how exactly is that supposed to go? What does he 'summon' everyone together for the big announcement? How utterly self-absorbed would that seem. No it would be far better to tell those guys you are close to at the club and everyone who needs to hear it on a one to one, personal basis. Which is what he seemed to do.

I know a lot of people on here are upset at him and it's a lot easier with him not exactly on form but you are blaming him for catch 22 situations. He's leaving. He's a professional. He will still put in 110% into every game just as you or I would regardless of who we are playing for (except the Waratahs) just as he has always done.

Maybe move him to inside centre for succession planning sure but let's just get over the intense hatred.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    12 is an issue for us at the moment as I see it, so put gits there and give more time to either rabbit or daruda at 10. It will do their confidence a world of good to know they have gits outside them the help mentor for the rest of the season.

Blindside is also giving a few problems at the moment. Any word on how Pusey and Stanford are travelling?

vCash
    Play AJ next week!

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Pieter the fact is that almost none of the players have been playing above or even at par. Name me 3. Do we sack the rest?
    1. James O Connor 7/10
    2. Richard Brown 8/10
    3. David Pocock 8/10
    4. Nick Cummins 8/10
    5. Haig Sare (vs Cheetahs) 6/10

well that is 5

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    1. James O Connor 7/10
    2. Richard Brown 8/10
    3. David Pocock 8/10
    4. Nick Cummins 8/10
    5. Haig Sare (vs Cheetahs) 6/10

well that is 5
    Thats assuming par is 5/10. In my opinion the only players currently playing to potential at David Pocock, Richard Brown and Nick Cummins. From everyone else I've seen better.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast