Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Giteau Back to Brumbies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    He is going to give 100% to the force for every game he plays this season,
    No he isn't. His heart isn't in it. He hates the coach. He has been a big part in undermining Mitchell.

Giteau has helped to bring the force WE ALL LOVE to where it is today.
    A sinking ship know in the East as the Farce

Gits, if you actually ever DO look at this thread,
    Give yourself an uppercut
    We're tired of your dazzling pink fun foiled hair cuts, tired of your crab runs, tired of your sh1thouse kicking game, tired of your backstabbing, deceit and lies........so f'uck off

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    How about some running rugby from the attack coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post
    No he isn't. His heart isn't in it. He hates the coach. He has been a big part in undermining Mitchell.

A sinking ship know in the East as the Farce

Give yourself an uppercut
    We're tired of your dazzling pink fun foiled hair cuts, tired of your crab runs, tired of your sh1thouse kicking game, tired of your backstabbing, deceit and lies........so f'uck off
    He has clearly said he supports Mitch. Your in denial.

Which in the west, we hopefully adore. I don't care what the east coast thinks. I love the force.

NO

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Chiselhead - Do me a favour and take a deep breath and count to ten. Now exhale.

Ok - you have clearly stated your opinion. Now its time to let other members state theirs. Perhaps you could also let them do so without fear of coping a verbal tirade from you for stating a differing opinion then yours.

Remember breath in, breath out. you are acting like Gits took your last beer.
    Go and have a sherry and put the cardigan back on your knees

How about some running rugby from the attack coach?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post
    Go and have a sherry and put the cardigan back on your knees
    Chis - it seems that you need a Bex and a lie down, seriously - Does Gits owe you money??

Or are worried about what you are going to do with your room full of Gits posters and scrapbooks?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    On 10 news:
    "If it was about money I would have stayed here"
    Honoured his contract and quite proud of that fact.
    He didn't get around to tell all the boys after last night's game & feels bad about that.
    He looked very sombre and a bit upset even.
    Going to give it all this season because if he doesn't there will be questions.

Chiselhead: As my dad says "If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all." I'm sorry to directly target you but we get that you don't want Giteau here, you have made that more than clear now and I'm sure if Gits actually read this he too would have got your hint by now.

Last edited by laura; 21-02-09 at 16:47.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    On 10 news:

He didn't get around to tell all the boys after last night's game & feels bad about that.
    B.S......if he wanted to tell them he could of easily told them, a good clubman would explain this to his fellow team mates not let them find out via the media.....

Last edited by slomo; 21-02-09 at 17:16.

vCash
    Giteau to return to Brumbies
    By Justin Chadwick 16:14 AEST Sat Feb 21 2009

Western Force flyhalf Matt Giteau insists his decision to return to the Brumbies next Super 14 season is not based around money or a reported fallout with coach John Mitchell.

Giteau ended months of speculation on Saturday when he revealed he had signed with the Brumbies for the 2010 and 2011 seasons.

His decision to leave Perth at the end of the season is a major blow for the Force, who are still picking up the pieces from last year's player and staff revolt against Mitchell.

Giteau started his career with the Brumbies and notched 40 caps for the club before being lured to Perth on a three-year deal, believed to be worth around $1.5 million a season.

But Giteau, who along with New Zealand's Dan Carter is considered one of the premier players in world rugby, was left about a million dollars out of pocket when his third-party deal with Firepower collapsed last year.

The Force were unsuccessful in their attempts to extend Giteau's deal until the end of 2011, despite the willingness of several WA businesses to pull together a lucrative third-party sponsorship deal to replace that of Firepower's.

"If it was about money I would have stayed here (in Perth)," Giteau said on Saturday.

"Obviously there's been promises made that weren't kept because of certain things so I feel proud of myself I honoured my contract, saw out my three years here.

"And the fact I was looking to renegotiate it at some point to stay on longer shows how much I do like Perth and enjoy it.

"In the end it came down to a simple desire to return to Canberra.

"(My relationship with Mitchell is) fine.

"I've never had an issue with Mitch, it's been good."

the rest here...http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=755340

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Fox Sports Video

WESTERN Force fly half Matt Giteau insists his decision to return to the Brumbies next season is not based around money or a reported fallout with coach John Mitchell.

Giteau ended months of speculation on Saturday when he revealed he had signed with the Brumbies for the 2010 and 2011 seasons.

His decision to leave Perth at the end of the season is a major blow for Force, who are still picking up the pieces from last year's player and staff revolt against Mitchell.

Giteau started his career with the Brumbies and notched 40 caps for the club before being lured to Perth on a three-year deal, believed to be worth around $1.5 million a season.

But Giteau, who along with New Zealand's Dan Carter is considered one of the premier players in world rugby, was left about a million dollars out of pocket when his third-party deal with Firepower collapsed last year.

Force were unsuccessful in their attempts to extend Giteau's deal until the end of 2011, despite the willingness of several WA businesses to pull together a lucrative third-party sponsorship deal to replace that of Firepower's.

"If it was about money I would have stayed here (in Perth)," Giteau said.

"Obviously there's been promises made that weren't kept because of certain things so I feel proud of myself I honoured my contract, saw out my three years here.

"And the fact I was looking to renegotiate it at some point to stay on longer shows how much I do like Perth and enjoy it.

"In the end it came down to a simple desire to return to Canberra.

"(My relationship with Mitchell is) fine.

"I've never had an issue with Mitch, it's been good."

Giteau, a 65-Test veteran with the Wallabies, threatened to walk out on Force at the end of last season but couldn't get out of the final year of his contract.

Brumbies chief executive Andrew Fagan said the club was thrilled with Giteau's decision to return to Canberra.

"We made no secret about our desire to see him back in Brumbies colours," Fagan said.

Giteau has been a revelation both on and off the field since his high-profile arrival at Force in 2007.

With Giteau's exit now confirmed, Force have swung their attention to re-signing star 18-year-old utility back James O'Connor, who comes out of contract at the end of the season.

Giteau said he had no regrets about coming to Perth despite Firepower's demise.

"From my point of view there's no bitter taste because I've always enjoyed my time here in Perth," he said.

Giteau's announcement is sure to add extra spice to next Saturday's clash between Force and Brumbies in Canberra.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23209,00.html

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    The writing has been on the wall for a bloody long time, now it is time to move on....Asta la vista....Lets hope our season plays well and he can at least help get us to the finals...He hasn't exactly been world class yet, by most accounts...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I think it's good to have this announced this early in the seasion, esp before the Brumbies game. Gits is going to be under even more pressure to perform now - any slip ups on his behalf will be seen as him not caring abut his team, and that doesn;t look good no matter where you play and where your contract is at. It's all settled now, he can foxus on the rugby.
    Agreed totally...
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    And to Gits, remember how much those Brumbies fans booed you in 2007?
    There weren’t that many that booed him, he is the prodigal son of course we were upset that he was leaving but most decent people understood why.... He will be welcomed back with open arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceTrace View Post
    Re: the money issue.. I just watched the press conference on Fox Sports and they asked Gits if it was about the money. Gits very blankly said that if it was about money, he would have stayed with the Force.
    Very interesting!!
    And I’d say very true... there is not a lot of big money in sport in Canberra (not the market for it, too much focus on the Sydney market) but the big factor was to be closer to family and friends, which is totally understandable.

Adore this life
    There is no guarantee
    Could end by tomorrow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    you must have watched a different game than me because I think he was playing far below what he is capable of. Have a look at this tread and give your opinion there KQ
    No worries PB..will get to your thread and try to justify my comments.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    he stated he was proud to honour his contract

bollocks
    his manager was trying every avenue to get Giteau out of it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Chis - it seems that you need a Bex and a lie down, seriously - Does Gits owe you money??

Or are worried about what you are going to do with your room full of Gits posters and scrapbooks?
    Bex has been off the market for 20 years grandad

The Force was an opportunity for young players to make a name for themselves. We marvelled at their courage as the underdogs punched above their weight. The Force was about creating a new rugby culture in the West. Rugby WA has sold out on junior rugby with their cut backs and disinterest in developing the game. Rugby WA has sold out on country rugby and developing the game. There are ways of doing things and ways of not doing things. I don't rate him. His selfish antics have destroyed the Force and he should be sacked like his lightweight friend Henners. We get rid of him and move forward...........that's just how it is. You can't move forward till you get rid of him.

Last edited by Jehna; 21-02-09 at 21:59. Reason: Inappropriate and offensive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    he stated he was proud to honour his contract

bollocks
    his manager was trying every avenue to get Giteau out of it
    Correct............and well said old boy. Where do you stand? Sack him?

Champion
    vCash
    I wonder how the guys whose place Giteau will take in the Brumbies feel about him going back! Ever since he came here there have been rumours about him leaving so in one way it is a relief to get it confirmed although I think the timing is not good for the team. It is pretty obvious that he and Mitch didn't see eye to eye and now Mitch is staying Giteau is leaving. I hope J O'C isn't built up in the team like Gits has, J O'c is only a young guy and has lots to learn even though he is very talented. I hope the Force don't sign a player from overseas we need to show faith in our Oz players

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast