Thread: Cross my heart, family comes first

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Cross my heart, family comes first

TOUGH Western Force centre Ryan Cross is a big softie when it comes to his family.
    The 11-Test Wallaby and his wife Danielle are the proud parents of two daughters - Marley, 4, and the latest addition Evy, who was born 11 days ago.

Cross and the Force put family first when he stayed home for the birth as his teammates flew to Queensland for a pre-season trial against the Reds.

``It doesn't matter what you do in a game because the children are always there for you when you get home - and they don't have a clue how you went,'' the hard running 29-year-old said.

``They take your mind off the game if you've had a bad one and you know they are waiting for you when you've been on tour.

``You get to understand what's really important in life.

``Evy has been pretty good with her sleeping and eating patterns so that's a positive.''

Cross and his wife will celebrate their fifth wedding anniversary soon.

Meanwhile, he is nursing a baby and a sore shoulder after getting injured in Friday's disastrous loss to the Blues. He is battling to be fit for the must win-game against the Cheetahs at Subiaco Oval in five days.

``There are no fractures, but it's a bit sore and we'll see how we go during the week,'' he said.

``Hopefully, everything will be all right.''

http://www.news.com.au:80/perthnow/s...005401,00.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    That's a very cute picture. I still can't get over Crossy and Marley's matching hair!

That's a nice article. I'm glad his shoulder is alright Bit of an interesting look to publish after loosing a game, but at least its not all doom-and-gloom.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    thats a really nice pic!
    congratulations again to the crossy family

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White