Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sack the committee

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    What the guys need to know....

Its the number after 19. Dont get to 19 then stop..

then carry on.

Three weeks in a row now.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    It really does look like a side that has lost its direction in attack.

Whats doing with the depth in width defence on first phase?

I actually thought the scrum showed some improvement.

Chis you continue to baffle and entertain.

Did anyone read the lips of Cross as he came off.

I think he said.

"Am i off"

"Why am i coming off"

"Thats f*&%ed"

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Whos the backs Coach?

Rookie
    vCash
    john mulvihill is the backs coach but i am not sure who is the defense coach?

vCash
    Crossy....think they thought he took a few too many knocks and needed to take it easy... that headslam he got wouldve rattled his cage no end...

i was annoyed with the soft tries, Tai's no arms tackle on one.. and the slow-ass backpeddling from the penalty 10m's out for the second one... SOFT!

Did they have Mulvill massaging their sore feet in the dresser at half time or what?

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    i thought cross was right to be pissed. Tatupu doesn't have the skills of the inside to take the pressure off giteau. JOC took the pressure off and allowed giteau to move out wider in some plays and stretch the defence. unfortunatley that is where we needed cross or staniforth up the middle. Bring back Spanner.

Lineouts where abismal can you imagine if Ali Williams was on the field!!!

vCash
    My comments, I liked what happened in the Inside backs. Josh Tatupu really stood up in a situation where I thought it wasa risky selection. He might be starting to get the wood on Junior for 12. Bringing Rabbit in to 12 and pushing Josh out was a smart move, it changed the entire structure of the backline from a hard charging crashball unit to a dancing, stepping type unit. It certainly seemed to be giving the forwards more trouble late in the game. Shame for Crossy but the move is endorsed in the GIGS20 match report.

As for brain fart, small, slow wingers like Haig Sare........he's shit, he hasn't repaid the Force a single penny for the faith they showed him after the left bank, he needs his jaw broken again. Nicky isn't the only positive option we've got in that jumper, I say share it around and see who's got the best combination of ticker and pace.

The thing that most disappointed me was our mobile pack, when we relinquish the weight in the front row like we have, we NEED to get bunches of bodies to the breakdown and their fat, old, dumb allblacks were at every one beating the shit out of us......now I haven't seen the match and I thought they dove much of the night with impunity, but that doesn't make a difference, they were there and we weren't.......step it up boys, you were there for more than running into the centres and backpedalling in the scrum!

C'mon the

vCash
    I am looking forward to seeing Valentine in the squad for next week. Wasn't particularly impressed with O'Young last night - seems to take an eternity to get the ball moving from a ruck.

I'm not sure how the subsititutions were played out with the committee last night, maybe they are still waiting on Nick Xenophon to cast his vote. S14 with ELVs is now a 22 man game, so why didn't we use the full bench?

vCash
    We had so many free kicks against us what is the reason for this?Did the guys train wrong, did the committee forgot to tell them it is a ELV game, or was the ref shit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    YEH I COULDNT WORK THAT OUT EITHER?

WHY DID THEY BENCH CROSSY
    Well did anyone see his face when he came off...looked like there was a few f-bombs thrown around!!

We still havent managed to lift and get physical with the New Zealand teams...the attack was alrite, the defence needs a little work...agree that Sare did not do much and that Cummins shouldve been given a run.

And what was with Shepherd not being able to pick the ball up off the ground? He took some amazing high balls, but those ones on the ground just seemed to be cursed or something!!

vCash
    looking on the bright side, the committee has 6 days to turn things around make some changes and then whip the cheetahs at home next week.......

vCash
    I've got a few issues..

First both wings were shithouse. Fine, Mitchell scored his oppotunistic try..good run but two tries were scored on his wing (I'll have to review the footage) and in both he was easily beaten by his opposite number (in one case he actually got one hand in but it was a shit attempt to start with).

Our full back would appear to have lost it (and had another crap game) and the Blues knew of this and kept kicking the ball into the air. To top it off, they didn't even bother to pressure most high balls because we have a back three that are shithouse and between them, wouldn't be able to mount any decent counterattack. Also, they've obviously deduced from last season that he (Sheps) is a shithouse kicker, please tell me he hasn't worked on his kicking in the off-season.

Our general defence line is pretty shaky and everytime they got to within 5m of the try line, I was pretty sure it would result in a try. We can hold out for a few minutes but thats about it, we're not too strong or quick in the tackle to cause a turnover and after a few hits in our defences we lose control and either get sucked in or get penalised.

While I was impressed with Pocock's cover defence and support play, the forwards general are not playing with a great deal of confidence. They are creating alot of pressure for themselves with players getting the ball in isolation or ball carriers getting isolated resulting in plenty of infringements or turnovers.

Josh and Cross were alright but not great. Having the second playmaker (and one with youthful exuberance is a bonus) changed the game somewhat but the damage had been done, the substitution probably needs to be done sooner in the game. I would rather see JO'C come in at 12 and Cross move to 13 than Josh move to 13.

All in all, it was a shithouse game by the Force and I must say this was the first time I was totally disappointed with their performance.

Last edited by KenyaQuin; 14-02-09 at 11:38.

Player
    vCash
    I suspect that having too many chiefs maybe the undoing of this team.Because if you have too many coaches/players with too many different ideas or have too much to say,its difficult to stick to one game plan.The game should is simple,stick to your game plan,win your set peices,keep your defence tight,keep your errors to a minimum and maintain strick discipline.
    We have lots to work on ,but at least we have a starting point,now its a matter of fine tuning, sorting out the negatives and enhancing the positives.
    So much potential to build on,so little time to do it.
    One positive is that the were few injuries last night and four back from injury for next week.

vCash
    Guys I think it is too early to be looking at throwing JO'C in at the deep end by starting him. He is a great talent but needs several years for his talent to evolve and mature. It is unfair on him to place this much pressure on him at this age.

Plus I think you will get your best bang for your buck by playing him in the last 20 when the opposition defence may be getting tired.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    Guys I think it is too early to be looking at throwing JO'C in at the deep end by starting him. He is a great talent but needs several years for his talent to evolve and mature. It is unfair on him to place this much pressure on him at this age.

Plus I think you will get your best bang for your buck by playing him in the last 20 when the opposition defence may be getting tired.
    totally agree tic

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast