Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Canes V Tahs

vCash
    i dont dismiss him, i just dont think he is as great as he seems, his workrate usually doesnt result in turnovers and and line breaks. i called him a fat centre not in disrespect but in relation to the fact that he plays his position with speed and seems to be a beefed up back. at the breakdown (im basing this on international, he was under my radar during last super 14) he rarely affected the outcome of it, just provided a body and raely got down low but instead drove a single player off the ruck, usually to the side. it helps but only if others are there with you and his speed usualy means he is there on his own for a second or two which means he should attack the ball more to slow it down.

palu is the best 8 in this country by a mile. he dominated last super season and his international stats before injury were amazing, his workrate is very underrated as he spends so much time at international level doing the dirty work that other forwards like smith and brown stay out of so they can attack the next ruck.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    hey WJ, any team sheets out for this match??

<>

vCash
    why did someone feel it necessary to start talking about the Force in a Canes vs Tahs thread

Anyway, Tahs will have this one, Canes are missing Conrad Smith and quite a few of the other players are lacking match time and fitness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    why did someone feel it necessary to start talking about the Force in a Canes vs Tahs thread?
    haven't they told you yet? it is a Force forum, and they can talk about the Force wherever they want.

Last edited by innocent quokka; 12-02-09 at 07:12. Reason: my spelling was shocking!

vCash
    i thought "force" was in reference to the difference between the waratahs and westerners front rows!

vCash
    tahs doesn't stand a chance

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    why did someone feel it necessary to start talking about the Force in a Canes vs Tahs thread

Anyway, Tahs will have this one, Canes are missing Conrad Smith and quite a few of the other players are lacking match time and fitness.
    Seem to always end up talking Tahs (if not QR Reds) in every other Force thread so I wouldn't get too precious about it!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Tahs are toast in Wellington...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Seem to always end up talking Tahs (if not QR Reds) in every other Force thread so I wouldn't get too precious about it!
    who's precious

vCash
    OK, My call for this one, the Tahs are running with a weakened pack (which was their real asset last year) logic would call them to be a shadow of their former selves.

The Canes however seem to be on permanent "opposite day" winning the ones they are tipped to lose and vice versa.

The Tahs will be tipped to go down, not coping with some real big holes in their major strike weapon, but of course the Canes will spoil the party and lose this match better than the tahs when their pack fails to have the expected impact....isn't this game interesting.

ps WJ when you say Palu dominated last season, you were really talking about the three or four matches where he decided to turn up and fulfil his potential, not the eight or so where he should have fired but just seemed to sail through with little to no effort!

It's a fact, Palu looks AWESOME in the games where he doesn't have any serious work to do but drops his lolly in the big games (how'd he go in the final last year WJ?)

C'mon the

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    ps WJ when you say Palu dominated last season, you were really talking about the three or four matches where he decided to turn up and fulfil his potential, not the eight or so where he should have fired but just seemed to sail through with little to no effort!

It's a fact, Palu looks AWESOME in the games where he doesn't have any serious work to do but drops his lolly in the big games (how'd he go in the final last year WJ?)
    I agree, Palu is a great player when he turns up, but too often he doesn't.

Canes to win easy.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Palu commands respect. The opposition look at him and run the other way. He's great to have in your pack just for the intimidation. He scares people. Nobody wants to tackle him. Nobody wants to run at him. He hurts people. I'd happily pick him in my team. His workrate is a bit disappointing. He is potentially very devastating off the bench when defences get tired. I like packs that assert their authority early so that's why I like him to start.

How about some running rugby from the attack coach?

vCash

Conrad Smith is rugby's biggest myth. So what?

vCash
    whos precious
    You are snookums

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

im afraid he rarely went missing last year. not sure how closely you watch him, but he does the hard yards better than any forward in this country by a long long way. he also backed up his high tackle counts and regular most metres for a forward round in round out for the tahs by being our top try scorer.

there isnt a team in this country and several others that wouldnt blow there banks to sign him, he is a machine and im very glad he is a tah.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast