Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kurtley Beale

vCash

Kurtley Beale

How is the hype coming along in Tah land? Are they building him up again this year?
    He's getting pretty fat. He's had a solid summer on the cans. He's starting to look like Rodney Blake with chicken legs.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    How about some running rugby from the attack coach?

vCash
    he is doing really well, he has droped five kilos and taken responsability for the fact he let himself get out of shape. he also managaed to lead a team to the final last year and was having a very good game until he was injured off the ball!

his defence is the only concern about his game, but as with the end of last season, luke burgess coming in plugged that channel for us quite well and allowed beale to hide a bit, looking forward to a very good season from him, the fact that he missed the wallabies through injury and is now behind quade will give him alot of motivation to step up again.

im glad you read a two month old article and rewrote one section of it as opinion but is there anything new you can bring to the table?

vCash
    Kurtley is fighting against his genetics
    He's also lazy and expects everything to happen for him
    He has a self destructive peronality

Another GPS myth

Last edited by Jehna; 04-02-09 at 07:35. Reason: Inappropriate language and abusive of a player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post

Another GPS myth
    does it bother you that sydney schools produce rugby talent while your perents clearly havnt?

Kurtley has been overexposed, you cant argue that, it would have been nice for him to play a few seasons off the bench but the way things worked out, well, its heinsite isnt it!

the hype is real, he has had ups and downs but he has also improved with every game. i for one, as a NSW supporter am very very happy to have him in our team and hope he stays for years to come!

i would like to know what qualifies you to make a judgement call about his personality as he is only 20 and quite frankly under a pretty intense spotlight and has only really stuffed up once when he was 17 and got caught drink driving, something he immediately took responsability for in a public way and has gone above and beyond in talking about it to aboriginal youths in community projects that are his idea!

its funny that you believe that gps is crap! i really hope the "help" you provide junior rugby is minimal to give perth the chance it deserves to set its foundations right the first time!

Last edited by Jehna; 04-02-09 at 07:35. Reason: Chis' quote

vCash
    It must be really annoying to see things continually dragged up about players' past behaviour.........

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    he doesnt really have past behaviour, he has been caught drink driving, before he had even played a game!

its not like the booze culture of the west which has forced scott fava to rethink his life!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    he doesnt really have past behaviour, he has been caught drink driving, before he had even played a game!
    wasn't he caught Drink Driving before he even had a licence?

any journo on Earth could drag that up as "past behaviour" regardless of whether he took responsibilty for it and took steps to better himself or not

vCash
    i know what your saying, but i am sick of chisels crap as he is actually using racist stereotypes in my opinion and as someone with aboriginal heritage and with alot of aboriginal mates i find it quite offensive! (especially the crap about redfern!)

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Redfern complex to help Aborigines shoot for the stars - Sport ...A SPORTS facility costing $24 million is being built in Redfern to help develop and foster ... Evonne Cawley, Anthony Mundine, Kurtley Beale or Greg Inglis. ...
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/red...585181398.html - Similar pages

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post

Another GPS myth
    another insightful post by Chisel based on facts and knowledge....... not

vCash
    I remember when Kurtley first burst onto the scene ... I think it was the lead up to a trial game v the crusaders in 2007 (?). Anyway, Ewan Mackenzie was concerned about the media overexposing kurtley, so he placed a media ban on kurtley.

Anyway, the funny moment was with the tah patrol, kinda blowing that out of proportion, so that the times Kurtley walked past before he went onto the field, we'd all shield our eyes and say that we weren't allowed to look at him ... I guess you just had to be there.

vCash
    does it bother you that sydney schools produce rugby talent while your perents clearly havnt?

Kurtley has been overexposed, you cant argue that, it would have been nice for him to play a few seasons off the bench but the way things worked out, well, its heinsite isnt it!

the hype is real, he has had ups and downs but he has also improved with every game. i for one, as a NSW supporter am very very happy to have him in our team and hope he stays for years to come!

i would like to know what qualifies you to make a judgement call about his personality as he is only 20 and quite frankly under a pretty intense spotlight and has only really stuffed up once when he was 17 and got caught drink driving, something he immediately took responsability for in a public way and has gone above and beyond in talking about it to aboriginal youths in community projects that are his idea!

its funny that you believe that gps is crap! i really hope the "help" you provide junior rugby is minimal to give perth the chance it deserves to set its foundations right the first time!
    I see the Sydney media have brainwashed you

For the record, I don't support QLD and I don't live in Perth.

My reference to his genetics was in regards to his tendency to deposit adipose. Not a great quality for a zip zip man. It has nothing to do with his race, colour or creed.

GPS rugby is for nancies. It's the breeding ground for Tah failure.

vCash
    i know what your saying, but i am sick of chisels crap as he is actually using racist stereotypes in my opinion and as someone with aboriginal heritage and with alot of aboriginal mates i find it quite offensive! (especially the crap about redfern!)
    For the record, several members of my family are aboriginal.

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    I usually think higher of people who manage to force their body to do something it doesn't naturally want to do, in this case it means losing adipose tissue, in order to achieve their goals.
    It isn't the natural athlete that I admire the most, it's the self made ones who refuse to quit.

vCash
    Good luck to Kurtley

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast