Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Do we have a siege mentality?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Focusing solely on media coverage to avoid impacting anyone’s sensibilities, I feel whenever there is a Rugby story on the Force from the East (primarily SMH) they almost always mention the well known checklist of "past troubles", even when there is no context to the rest of the story.
    In SMH stories that sometimes happens on articles on the QR Reds and Brumbies but virtually never on the Waratahs.
    I think that is what gets under the skin of most WA based Rugby supporters because the Waratahs have had their fair share of bad news incidents over the last few years but they never get dragged up let alone in virtually every article.
    It's as if SMH feel a need to establish a "context of understanding" for anything they write about those ferals on the West coast.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "the wild west" and "western farce" come to mind..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I feel whenever there is a Rugby story on the Force from the East (primarily SMH) they almost always mention the well known checklist of "past troubles", even when there is no context to the rest of the story.
    there was an article just before the pre-season game about the game vs the Crusaders that got to the fact that Matt Giteau wasn't playing then dribbled on for a paragraph about Firepower and how he had not re-signed before going back to the game.

I agree with that no doubt about it

vCash
    With the current fear being posted about the Eastern TWF contributors... I thought this post should be reconsidered... Discard the extremists and think about it about the real question….do you really only want a site full of likeminded individuals…

If so TWF should close its virtual gateway and become only an exclusive club… What a shame that outcome would be for such a fantastic Rugby information portal…

vCash
    With the current fear being posted about the Eastern TWF contributors... I thought this post should be reconsidered... Discard the extremists and think about it about the real question….do you really only want a site full of likeminded individuals…

If so TWF should close its virtual gateway and become only an exclusive club… What a shame that outcome would be for such a fantastic Rugby information portal…

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6