Thread: Western Force's Pat O'Connor looks to revive career

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Western Force's Pat O'Connor looks to revive career

WESTERN Force second rower Pat O'Connor is looking to put two injury riddled years behind him and revive his career with the club.
    After six appearances in the Force's debut year, O'Connor's 2007 season ended before it had started when he shattered his right knee in a freak training accident.

He had surgery for a torn cruciate knee ligament and was on the road to recovery when, five months later, he slipped on gravel at his parents' Queensland farm, his knee buckled and he was forced into another reconstruction.

"I really only scratched the surface in 2006 and I know I've got to go out and prove myself at this level," he said.

He took some steps with three games on the Force's post-season tour of the UK.

"It was tough footy and it gave me confidence in the knee. I got the nerves out of the way," he said.

"People are always asking me how the injury is going because they are interested, but I'm sick of talking about it. I just want to get out on the footy field."

O'Connor's hunger for the game may only be matched by his daily food intake.

His nickname, Beef, may have something to do with his legendary appetite - he once managed 16 chicken doritos for dinner - and there are some who say he may be challenging prop AJ Whalley for the title of biggest eater.

At 197cm and 114kg the 24-year-old former Australian under-21 knows he is facing a challenge for the spot next to Nathan Sharpe, battling Tom Hockings and David Pusey.

"There's plenty of talent and plenty of competition and that's great for the team. Knowing there's not enough room for all of us is great motivation," he said.

Western Force flanker Matt Hodgson, 27, is expected to re-sign with the club this week.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...005401,00.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Think we are all praying for this as well.

Interesting to see if he gets a start next friday - Team announcement Tuesday/Wednesday - maybe it will be a squad announcement.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby