Thread: Tickets for Perth Tests with World Champion Springboks on sale from May 12

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Tickets for Perth Tests with World Champion Springboks on sale from May 12

Tickets for Perth Tests with World Champion Springboks on sale from May 12

January 16, 2009 - 4:21pm
    Story by: ARU
    Qantas Wallabies flyhalf Matt Giteau attempts a sideline conversion.

Rugby World Cup champions South Africa return to Perth this year for a showdown with the Qantas Wallabies on 29 August at Subiaco Oval – and tickets for the Bundaberg Rum Rugby Series Test will start from as little as $22 for children.

The entry point price in bronze category seating will be set at $44 for adults, with children at half that price.

Even more appealing is a family-of-four package (two adults and two children or one adult and three children) for just $88 – the price of two adult tickets.*

Platinum category tickets for the Tri Nations encounter are $114 across the board with gold tickets to go on sale from $94.

Silver tickets can be purchased at $74 for adults and $37 for children with family packages again available at the two-adult price of $148.

The Qantas Wallabies opened their Tri Nations campaign in 2008 with a 16-9 victory over the Springboks at Subiaco Oval, in front of a crowd of almost 42,000.

Australia scored two tries to nil through Lote Tuqiri and Stirling Mortlock while Matt Giteau landed a penalty goal and Berrick Barnes a dropped goal.

The seven-point gap also represented the biggest winning margin for either side in the five Tests they have played in Perth.

Of those five, Australia and South Africa have won two each with one draw between the SANZAR rivals.

“Tests in Perth against South Africa are traditionally down-to-the-wire thrillers,” said ARU Managing Director and CEO John O’Neill.

“From the first time we went to Subiaco in 1998, and the Springboks won 14-13, the matches between our two nations have been wonderfully exciting contests.

“The 2009 showdown will no doubt be another tightly-fought contest.

“The Qantas Wallabies in 2008 started to make significant strides under new coach Robbie Deans and we’re confident that improvement will continue at pace this year.”

Tickets for the Perth Test go on sale to the general public through Ticketmaster from 9am on Tuesday, May 12.

http://www.rugby.com.au:80/news/aru_.../section/21893

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    those prices are pretty reasonable

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    yeah. next year it'll be at least double, with rugby being there only once and it being vs England

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    :O
    gettinggg exciteddddd

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    was brilliant last year and surely going to be brilliant this year

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    sure will be

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Committed and the "Tramp Stamp" to prove it

Last edited by hertryk; 16-01-09 at 18:37. Reason: typo

vCash
    considering the game wasn't a sell out last year you would have thought the ARU may have drooped it prices slightly to encourage a sell out this year..............actually just having re-read the original post I think they have rasied them slightly

vCash
    really? the Suncorp test is cheaper then what it was in the past few years, still more exspensive then the Perth but

i suppose the fact its played in a retangular stadium and not a afl one makes up for it

vCash
    I think i paid something around $69 last year, i just either need to find somewhere online with last years prices or find my ticket which I know is laying around here somewhere
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    considering the game wasn't a sell out last year you would have thought the ARU may have drooped it prices slightly to encourage a sell out this year..............actually just having re-read the original post I think they have rasied them slightly
    yeah pretty sure its gone up.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue