Thread: Force captain Nathan Sharpe cleared to return to field

vCash

Force captain Nathan Sharpe cleared to return to field

THE Western Force has received some good on-field news with captain Nathan Sharpe given the all-clear to commence the season.
    Sharpe sustained a broken thumb during the Wallabies northern hemisphere tour but surgeons ruled out the need for a second operation.

And Wallaby fullback Cameron Shepherd has stepped up his training as he returns from the badly broken ankle that put him out of the tour.

Sharpe said the injury had lingered longer than expected, but he was confident of returning to the field for the Force's opening match against the Blues.

"It's taking a little bit longer to heal than first thought but looks like I should be ready for the first game.''

Sharpe will spend a couple more weeks concentrating on fitness and gym work before going into full contact training.

He said there had been some tremendous results from pre-season strength and conditioning among the squad.

"That's certainly showing in the first few days of training. I've only been to two training sessions so far - already I can see the development.

"Our aim last year was top four, and unfortunately a couple of games we probably didn't turn up for and that cost us a spot.

"The majority of the squad is the same - they've improved. There are a few more Wallabies in the team now. It all augurs well for a good season."

The second rower was confident the players could put aside the off-field dramas of restrictions on head coach John Mitchell and the inquiry into complaints about his behaviour.

"The Western Force has been around for three years we've had quite a few controversies over the time and we've dealt with them very well,'' he said.

"The playing group as a whole is one of the tightest I've ever been involved with and I've got all the confidence n the world that it's not going to be a problem.

"I've got a very good attitude with all the coaching staff."

He said the off field dramas were being kept as far away from players as possible.

"We want to put processes in place to make us a better team and that's what's happening.

"The timing's not great, you've got to make the most of what you're given and that's what we've been presented with."

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...005401,00.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Guess who didn't spend most of his Christmas on a Playstation

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby