Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CA Brumbies commit to Canberra clubs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    what was the Brumbies average home crowd last year?
    I guess around 14,000 - 16,000 on average........

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    be alert but not alarmed.. where's that phone number?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    I guess around 14,000 - 16,000 on average........
    is that all

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    be alert but not alarmed.. where's that phone number?
    the only thing your alert for is where your next beer is comming from

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    http://www.brumbies.com.au/act.rugby/page/51168 .. only goes up to 2006 though ??

vCash
    For many years it was around 20,000 plus... however on East coast many people now watch their sport on fox sports or at the pub/club... similar times in NZ. In Sydney you can catch a NZ match at 17:30 then a east coast match 19:30 and a WA match after that.

For a while I didn’t think Western Australians had Television sets, or broadcasters hence their numbers at venues, however it seems WAers would buy a ticket to view rugby seated from any distance and return home to watch a reply to see W---The---k happened.... its all live here in the eastern states…Brumbies will survive because they have won 2 championships…

However with declining crowd numbers after the local halves duo GG and Bernie retired you can now you see why its important for the Brumbies to get the local boy Matt Giteau back to help bring back the crowds...people love a local world star player i.e. Gregan – Larkham - Roff....

The return of Friend Finegan and Young will help create interest…Personally I ‘d like to see more locals at the matches….

vCash
    For many years it was around 20,000 plus... however on East coast many people now watch their sport on fox sports or at the pub/club... similar times in NZ. In Sydney you can catch a NZ match at 17:30 then a east coast match 19:30 and a WA match after that.

For a while I didn’t think Western Australians had Television sets, or broadcasters hence their numbers at venues, however it seems WAers would buy a ticket to view rugby seated from any distance and return home to watch a reply to see W---The---k happened.... its all live here in the eastern states…Brumbies will survive because they have won 2 championships…

However with declining crowd numbers after the local halves duo GG and Bernie retired you can now you see why its important for the Brumbies to get the local boy Matt Giteau back to help bring back the crowds...people love a local world star player i.e. Gregan – Larkham - Roff....

The return of Friend Finegan and Young will help create interest…Personally I ‘d like to see more locals at the matches….
    2 Championships doesnt save you if your bottom line isn't looking good. Remember the ARU only bails out NSW when they are in financial trouble. One player doesnt make a Super 14 team. Then again most teams have that supporter element that doesnt turn up except when the side is going well.

But still if the reason for crowds dropping is that a few players moved on thats pretty piss poor

Last edited by jargan83; 12-01-09 at 15:35.

vCash

I've got no particular axe to grind with the Brumbies or want to pay out on them too much (that's what the Tahs are for, after all) but if that's seriously a reason for dropping attendence numbers that's crazy.

Yes, demonstrably many Sandgropers will pay to watch rugby when they can barely see from the rafters at Subi, an experience not unlike watching a couple of seahorses getting fluff out of each other whiskers a half a mile off the coast. And most of those people will tape the match and go home and find out what happened (because it's broadcast live here too). It would be just as possible to do the NZ-East Coast-West Coast viewing combo from our loungerooms (arguably you could watch the NZ match and still make it to the local game). None of it matches being in the sea of blue in full voice though, even at stupid-looking Subiaco.

If Brumbies fans with the means and ability to attend are genuinely skipping to game, only to sit around and watch it on television, I wouldn't be crying if somehow they did lose the team- that's lame.

vCash
    2 Championships doesnt save you if your bottom line isn't looking good. Remember the ARU only bails out NSW when they are in financial trouble. One player doesnt make a Super 14 team. Then again most teams have that supporter element that doesnt turn up except when the side is going well.

But still if the reason for crowds dropping is that a few players moved on thats pretty piss poor
    I hope the Force is as successful as the Brumbies have been over their first 12 years.

The Brumbies represent an Australian rugby heartland and the ARU see the real value and return in them as do SANZAR. The Brumbies are an internationally recognised club for their style of play and rugby academy. The Western Force are yet to establish a home ground. I'd be more concerned with your stadium issues and building local talent...than the brumbies accounts jargs…

vCash
    just keep digging mudskipper!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Yes.... its just sport....

vCash
    I'd be more concerned with your stadium issues and building local talent...than the brumbies accounts jargs…
    It's OK mud, he can multitask!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    It's OK mud, he can multitask!
    Well... thats Ok then.....

vCash
    You are kidding me? I just re-read this

If that is the reason the Brumbies fans stay away I think the team is boned in Canberra

Ever heard of heading to the Pub pre-game to see the NZ game, then going to the game then back to the pub for the game from Perth?

Why don't you head down the highway to catch a few games a season?

The Brumbies represent an Australian rugby heartland and the ARU see the real value and return in them as do SANZAR. The Brumbies are an internationally recognised club for their style of play and rugby academy.
    Whats that got to do with the bottom line, which is the most important thing in this day and age?

The Western Force are yet to establish a home ground. I'd be more concerned with your stadium issues and building local talent...than the brumbies accounts jargs…
    Pot calling the kettle black

Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    He is digging a tunnel to Melbourne

vCash
    You are kidding me? I just re-read this

If that is the reason the Brumbies fans stay away I think the team is boned in Canberra

Ever heard of heading to the Pub pre-game to see the NZ game, then going to the game then back to the pub for the game from Perth?

Why don't you head down the highway to catch a few games a season?

Whats that got to do with the bottom line, which is the most important thing in this day and age?

Pot calling the kettle black

He is digging a tunnel to Melbourne
    ....the brumbies are OK jargs... you can sleep well tonight...

vCash
    why did you praise me?
    I was actually making fun of you, 'just keep digging' means you are getting yourself into a deeper and deeper hole.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast