Thread: New-look Mitchell remains a Force

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

New-look Mitchell remains a Force

John Mitchell will oversee Western Force’s first training session of the new year at McGillivray Oval on Monday, but his contact with players is likely to be limited...

A growing number of board members want to regain control of the situation and yesterday privately confirmed their support for Mitchell, with the proviso he change his ways. ........

Complete article here on the West.com.au

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    geez that article makes things sound really depressing...

really put a dampner on my day.

vCash
    I like John Mitchell as a coach and as a person. I think he's of the mindset that if something needs doing he do whatever it takes to get done & I think thats where people get rubbed the wrong way because he doesn't seem to take any crap from anyone. I'd love to see him regain full control because without his iput I think we might be in a sticky situation....At the same time, I don't want to lose the 30 players that signed the vote of confidence. We can't afford to lose 30 players and have a squad of 3!

While I understand most of that has been said before, I just don't understand how a coach is meant to coach when he has limited contact with the players and I certainly don't understand how this has all happened now, after a tour of the UK with Mitch & seemingly no problems and then a few weeks holidays and then pre-season training sessions with only 3/4 of the squad.

vCash
    Yep and the board seem to be walking on eggshells around this one as well - Who knows if the outcome will work in anyone's favour.

What happened to sitting around a carton and having a few words about stuff.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    Yep and the board seem to be walking on eggshells around this one as well - Who knows if the outcome will work in anyone's favour.

What happened to sitting around a carton and having a few words about stuff.

the last time that happened Sare hit the deck

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Peter O'Meara summed it up:
    "I sincerly hope Management can resolve John Mitchell's role, they really need to. He is very important to the Force's success in 2009"
    Whilst a shift in style seems to be required, now is not the time for new coaching strategies. Whatever the issues, I don't think there is anyone else that can hope to achieve much success this year other than John Mitchell - I hope he succeeds.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    It is known Mitchell was harsh on a staff member involved in the drinking session at Fremantle’s Left Bank bar five days before the start of last season which ended in a fight between Matt Henjak and Haig Sare.
    SOunds fair too..

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Peter O'Meara summed it up: "I sincerly hope Management can resolve John Mitchell's role, they really need to. He is very important to the Force's success in 2009"

Whilst a shift in style seems to be required, now is not the time for new coaching strategies. Whatever the issues, I don't think there is anyone else that can hope to achieve much success this year other than John Mitchell - I hope he succeeds.
    Fingers crossed that he thrives under the pressure. Who knows perhaps it will be better if people feel they are being listen to if this has been going on as long as it sounds like it has.

To be fair to Mitch the article mentions he has had a bad relationship with an employee who was present at the Matt Henjak/Left Bank incident and so he should its like a babysitter dropping a baby on its head.

Whoever the employee was they should've been able to defuse the situation long before it ended as it did and if they had've the Force probably would've done a fair bit better last year.
    I also have my fingers crossed that the 30 people for this no-coinfidence thingy

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.