Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Western Force star Matt Giteau tells why he's staying by Matt Giteau.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    that being said, to take whats in that statement as fact is laughable at best
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee
    Perhaps I'm just at my jaded, cynical best this week, but I pretty much got the exact same feeling as WJ has described here.
    I agree. Like I said initially the piece is very cleverly worded. I cited the bit about why he didn't go to litigation in partikaler. But the bit about relationships with the coaches and this season and possibly beyond at The Force are pretty straight forward. Otherwise it's not just spin but bullshit. I'll give the man the benefit of the doubt, for now anyway.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    the relationship witht he coaches and wanting to be with the team bit sounds more like a "nobody hate me" message, perhaps im nitpicking, but it sounds like a "i know i caused all this speculation but its not my fault" type of thing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    Perhaps I'm just at my jaded, cynical best this week, but I pretty much got the exact same feeling as WJ has described here.
    I don't think you're misreading by too much there Swee, but my point is, that if he's feeding the press a line, it will be a very carefully worded line....making sure he keeps the right doors open and closes the others.....So pick apart the stuff he said, because it'll be pretty much what will happen.

He'll stay at the Force for 2009 (which is all I expected of him, if he exits his 2010 contract with the Force as per his exit clause, good luck to him)
    He'll not make a decision about his future until later in the year (probably a bit more than I expected from him, given the speculation....but if he had exited and negotiated for 2010 mid season, I wouldn't hate him for it)
    He's 'getting on' with the coaching and playing staff (ie he's going to approach the season like the professional I'd expect him to be and put every effort into the season)

Even if his heart's not really in it and he wants to leave, I believe this statement indicates he'll give Force fans their money's worth and then move on.....fair bump, play on!

C'mon the

vCash
    It's mainly the line about not wanting take legal avenues that's bugging me- would have been nice to hear "I never intended to persue legal avenues since I have a binding contract that these people haven't breached".
    Instead we got "I didn't persue them cos these things get messy" (read: would hurt my brand)

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    It's mainly the line about not wanting take legal avenues that's bugging me- would have been nice to hear "I never intended to persue legal avenues since I have a binding contract that these people haven't breached".
    Instead we got "I didn't persue them cos these things get messy" (read: would hurt my brand)
    but his manager apparently did persue legal avenues,& probably was told that his contract was binding
    why doesn't he say that he was aggreived by the Firepower debacle,& because of that wanted to leave,but contractual restraints prevented this,so will honour his contract.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    He can be as pissed off as he likes, but if he wants to play for the Wallabies, he needs to play for an Australian S14 team and play as a constructive team member.
    Once the season commences for him, ie still on break, it will be business as usual (or better) for a professional player.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I agree Burgs, We're on a bit of a catch 22 with this boy.....If he wants to move, he'll be wanting to singlehandedly win the whole box & dice and will play out of his skin....that'll be good for us and then we'll lose him...if he's a little average (OK average for him) we'll probably keep him (because who would want the circus that we've had for his entire tenure and the contract is until 2010....who would want to pay out Matt Giteau just to get rid of some bad press?)

It'll certainly be exciting to watch!

C'mon the

vCash
    Gits was on 10 news.
    Nothing really new. Said he was away on tour & didn't have anything to do with being interviewed about Mitch. Didn't really give away any new info, they mentioned all the past stuff but he didn't really comment on that either. Just said he wanted to be part of a successful team and he'd keep his options open for beyond 2009.

vCash
    This is a PR press release not a journalists interview. Look at the articles photo summer casual look with no team shirt. Good considered PR management for the eventual outcome.

His manager James Erskine took his case to the ARU for review for good reason. The ARU took time reviewing the contract and stated Matt Giteau was expected to honour the outstanding year with the Force. I Can understand him not engaging legal means when the contract is for only 6 months then he is a free agent.

I am happy with the outcome as his case was heard by the ARU and seriously considered. His manager was wise ensuring that Matt stay away from the media while the process was underway, it was a good call to protect the Giteau name for future marketing. Now he can come back and make a personal statement like this and avoid isolating himself from the team and supporters. It was also an elegant professional call not to state his 2010 intensions before the end of this season as it will only distract others from the game. So anything can happen…We will see...

I wish him all the best this season and hope I he has a blinder. But of cause I’d love to see him return home to the brumbies one day soon…and assist them to win their 3rd championship..... and continue a proud history

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Mud,

What evidence do you have that his manager took his case to review at the ARU?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Mud,

about 3 newspaper articles Gerry

that makes it true doesn't it?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Mud,

Thanks Exile... I can speak for myself...

So why do you think it took until 3rd Jan for Gits to make this PR statement gerry? And why if he was not going to not honour his 2009 contract would he be even making a press release statement in the first place?

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...005401,00.html

WESTERN Force star Matt Giteau has given his strongest indication yet that he may not play Super 14 in Perth next year.

history history...
    its quite simple sherlock....this did happen.....just like this PR photo....

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 12-01-09 at 21:18.

vCash
    becasuse as you mentioned so often before christmas, he was was on holidays?

Last edited by jargan83; 12-01-09 at 21:17.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Thanks Exile... I can speak for myself...
    Sure you can speak for yourself SandieWaters.

But your speak is so damn predictable. I was just trying to protect you from RSI and CTS.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    But where is the evidence that says his manager when to ARU and asked?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast