Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Western Force star Matt Giteau tells why he's staying by Matt Giteau.

vCash
    Good on him(Gits)
    Now that's sorted, lets get back to the rumour-free rugby

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by laura; 04-01-09 at 20:16.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Matt Giteau

January 03, 2009 06:30pm

EXCLUSIVE: Western Force and Wallabies star Matt Giteau tells why he is staying at the Perth Super-14 club.
    WHY am I staying? It's easy.

I have a year to go at the Western Force and I want to honour that.

There's been a lot of talk about my future at the Force while I have been away with the Wallabies and on holiday, none of it from me.

I can say now that I'm committed to the Force for next year and I won't be making a decision on my future until next season is over.

I never tried to get out of my contract legally because things get ugly when you start doing that and I didn't want to go there.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    there is more spin going on in this issue than a weavers convention

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post

The things that were said pretty straight out were that he doesn't have a problem with any of the coaches, that he is positive about the season and he is still open to other offers to stay in Perth. So maybe the assumption that some drew about "it's either Giteau or Mitchell" were wide of the mark.

Bring on the Rugby!!
    Only in that we will see what the response of the qc is to the current investigation in the next couple of weeks and that the giteau re-signing with the team may look different in the light of those recommendations.

vCash
    I don't mean to sound rude and apologies if you take offence but if you know something share it or stop infering that something dodgy is going on, because as far as I know none of us are any the wiser to the goings on at RugbyWA and they're probably hoping to keep it that way until things are sorted. So either say what you know or stop implying that the proverbial is about to hit the fan and we're going to be left with no players, no coaches and no club.

Giteau said he is staying for season 09 and thats what we wanted to hear, now we've heard it the team can move forward and we can get back to the rugby. The behind-the-scenes issues with the John Mitchell and the players has now been made a seperate issue to whether Giteau is staying or not. Let sleeping dogs lie.

vCash
    Hear Hear Laura.....If this IS spin, it'll be very carefully chosen....nobody goes out to spin a story without perusing every word they say and making sure they've covered all the angles.

If it isn't spin, Gits has come out and said some things which make me confident he's on the right page.

Either way this statement gives us everything we could have expected out of him (and a little bit more, He's not going to decide upon next year until the end of this year, methinks it'll have something to do with the on-field?)

So, Dave, it's time for you to post some facts....I'm sick of speculation!

C'mon the

vCash
    Giteau has made it clear where he will be for 2009, in my opinion he has said he wont decide where he will be beyond that until after the 2009 Super14 season because he doesnt want it to distract him while playing for the Force.

He might have a idea of where he wants to be, but i highly doubt he will start negotiations until after the 2009 season so it doesnt turn into a media circus like the last 2months have being.

Rookie
    vCash
    sorry guys i am only going off what i read here on the net. I dont know any more than that.

Gigs isnt this entire page built on speculation , thats all we really do on here ,is it not ok to speculate something different?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joondalup dave View Post
    sorry guys i am only going off what i read here on the net. I dont know any more than that.

Gigs isnt this entire page built on speculation , thats all we really do on here ,is it not ok to speculate something different?
    So what do you do - read it while standing on your head.

And here I was thinking my old mate Mudflap was full of it.

Or is it that all of us are misinterpreting what you write Dave?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joondalup dave View Post
    Only in that we will see what the response of the qc is to the current investigation in the next couple of weeks and that the giteau re-signing with the team may look different in the light of those recommendations.
    I'd have thought he would not respond to his own investigation. Any response would be made by RugbyWA. Will he even make recommendations or is he just conducting an inquiry? What exactly are you trying to say? (I don't expect a sensible reply, but there you go )

What I wrote is not speculation. It is what MATT GITEAU said. Not Brett Harris, Dave Hughes or even Mudskipper. MATT GITEAU. It's the only time he's stated outright what he's doing this season and I can't see any reason not to take his word. BTW he did not re-sign. He has a contract. Thought you would understand that, at least.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Interesting conversation between Simon Beaumont and Tim Clarke (of Fairfax/WA Today) on 6PR earlier this morning. Nothing spectacularly new, just interesting speculation.

Rookie
    vCash
    mmm ,true , he did agree to continue in his current contract as opposed to re-signing.

i suppose the qc will make recommendations based on his enquiries.

The point i was making i suppose is that if there is already an inkling of what those recommendations might be , would that have effected matts reasons to stay.

that is all i am pointing out ,

all we can do i wait to see , i will probably be wrong

respectfully.

dave g

i am in construction, exile.

vCash
    im glad he is honoring his contract, but its hardly a "i want to be at the force" message, its more a i cant get out!

but again, im glad he is being forced (no pun intended) to stay, it sends a good message to those that dont honor contracts!

that being said, to take whats in that statement as fact is laughable at best, its one of the greatest statements written since ben cusins admitted to being a drug addict without saying he did drugs!

saving popular opinion in order to seem like he is doing the right thing is all i read when going through it!

but again, very glad that the aru and force stood there ground and forced him to honour his word!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    im glad he is honoring his contract, but its hardly a "i want to be at the force" message, its more a i cant get out!

but again, im glad he is being forced (no pun intended) to stay, it sends a good message to those that dont honor contracts!

that being said, to take whats in that statement as fact is laughable at best, its one of the greatest statements written since ben cusins admitted to being a drug addict without saying he did drugs!

saving popular opinion in order to seem like he is doing the right thing is all i read when going through it!

but again, very glad that the aru and force stood there ground and forced him to honour his word!

Perhaps I'm just at my jaded, cynical best this week, but I pretty much got the exact same feeling as WJ has described here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    Perhaps I'm just at my jaded, cynical best this week, but I pretty much got the exact same feeling as WJ has described here.
    unfortunately I am on that wavelength as well. Summed up in WJ first line

Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast