Lealiifano 5'11" 92kg
    Toomua 5'11" 1/2 89 kg
    Barnes 5'11" 88 kg
    Q. Cooper 6'1" 92 kg
    JOC 5'11" 84 kg
    Daruda 6'0" 92 kg
    Beale 6'0" 95 kg
    Halangahu 5'11" 90 kg
    i think fat boy Beale is telling fibs, now that dunning is out injured Beale is in the running to be the new fatboy of the Tahs

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Bloody hell, the new Morgan Turinui of the Tahs!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Its off last years player specs...lets say its his playing weight. He got to lose about 8 kilos

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Bloody hell, that injury took a toll. He'll feel this pre-season for damn sure.

vCash
    http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006067,00.html

Beale battles the bulge

Waratahs assistant coach Scott Wisemantel gave Beale a rocket and the NSW five-eighth responded by swearing off alcohol and junk food.

...After Wisemantel blasted Beale for being overweight, the Waratahs pivot gave him a black eye during a training drill....

I didn't hear JON calling for Beale's contract to be torn up as he did with Matty Henjak.

bring back Henjak....

vCash
    what was that article the other day by Hickey which said the Tahs were fitter??

hmm... maybe he was talking about the returning wallabies

vCash
    I went to the Waratahs pre season match last year against the Crusaders and the only one that looked fit was Rocky Elsom...they need to start stronger this year...

Halangahu at 5'11" 90 kg had a very good Shute Shield and has really jumped in his reading of the game and steering the team around the field. Beale will have a job on his hands to hold the 2009 10 Tahs jersey.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Which was going to happen sooner or later and will hopefully be the making of him - better that than having everyone telling him he is the second coming anyway.

vCash
    AndyS....Yep… All the hype here in Sydney was ridiculous and only put unnecessary pressure on the kid. He had a brilliant ARC but a fair S14…Mark Ella pushed in the media for Beale to get a Tahs start but he was his agent. Because Ella called for Beale the rest of the media just over reacted and expected a new prodigy …it didn’t happen and it only made it harder for Beale. Then McKenzie didn’t back the kid which was poor coaching…

The Force and West media should avoid doing the same to James O’Connor…let him grow comfortably…

vCash
    i dont imagine JOC would have to worry about the media scrutiny in Perth that he could expect in Sydney

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Yep. There might be a few things you'd worry about over here to distract him, but excessive media attention isn't likely to be one of them.

vCash
    No shoe-in, but Dollie gets a shot
    BY JOHN-PAUL MOLONEY 11/12/2008 1:00:00 AM

It's not so much a foot as a big toe in the door, but former Springboks squad member Isma-eel Dollie has at least a short-term future with the ACT Brumbies.
    The ambitious 23-year-old paid his way from Cape Town to Canberra in the hope a highlights DVD and a meeting with the club's coaches could convince the Brumbies to take a chance on him.

After meeting with Brumbies Academy coach Darren Coleman yesterday afternoon, Dollie was offered a chance to train with the club on its lowest rung as part of the tier-three Academy program.

That means no wage, no payments for expenses and no contract binding the club to Dollie. If he's able to secure a work visa when his current business visa expires in late February, he'll need to find a job to meet his living costs.

It will be a far-from-glamourous lifestyle, but the former South African under-19s and under-21s player was happy with the deal. Straight afterwards he launched into his first weights session in the club gym.

''I'm very grateful for the opportunity and I'm willing to work my way up,'' Dollie said. ''I'm willing to sacrifice and I've already sacrificed a lot to be here.''

Coleman said the club admired the determination of Dollie, who could presumably have secured a very decent income playing in Europe but has instead gambled on realising his dream of playing in the Super 14.

''It was spelled out to him not only where he'd be starting, but what was in front of him in terms of other players and their age and obviously even the newspaper talk of [Matt] Giteau maybe being around in the future,'' Coleman said.

''That didn't dampen his enthusiasm. He's here to work and he wants an opportunity and you can't begrudge him that.''

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...px?storypage=1

Dollie gets a shot but will have to do it the hard way. I'm sure one of the local clubs will see he gets some work to help him pay his way... Good luck to him for chasing an opportunity

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2