Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Giteau to weigh up $10m French offer

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Its allright Ex...dealing with people like that is like the cats eye in the middle of the highway of life.

Thanks also Fulv, what I was trying to convey was that we as a site probably have more contact with the player then someone speculation from Sydney.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    You sound like you negotiate business deals for a living Tazz, is Jargan full of shit or is it Mudskipper?
    What did I do this time?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    What did I do this time?
    Don't try to figger it out, jargs. Just like the Wallaby front row, you're guilty on suspicion 'till proven otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Bullshit, he owes the Force season 2009............... that the have paid him in full................ not the ................... The he owes the .............. he owes the a helluva lot more than they owe him!
    Just thought I'd point out that you missed one at the beginning of that rant, GIGS.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Little smidge in the back of the West today says "Yeah, there was an offer (3rd party sponsored, not the club) but we can't really afford it".

vCash
    John Mitchell is a good coach which I respect; But Giteau has been the key recruit draw card in 2007-8.

Please understand I’m not accusing John Mitchell of being corrupt. What I am saying he managed to get a pay out or part pay out from firepower late 2007 and now has accepted a position on the replacement sponsors board. None of which is illegal or corrupt.

Mitchell looked after his own interests first when he realised the firepower would fail (fair enough) as he is a key stakeholder at the Force but he still has to front the 4-5 force players who are at a financial a loss because of the firepower defaults and most are still waiting for some solution. Personally I can see that these players would feel a little isolated from the problem and it could affect team morale. If this is not the case then it’s all OK…but Mitchell took this risk when he made these decisions so he has to people manage the outcome.

The Force players are likely reading this site and not just to read that we all think Drew Mitchell is a hunk or the word of the day, but to read what the rugby community openly think. I think they’re professional enough to consider what is fact or speculation or just conversation points.

Questioning gossip and peoples actions will not bring down the Force. But poor business decisions will. Insulting participants at this site won’t make the club any stronger.

Exile: I’m not attacking your friend Gerry just questioning his bully behaviour; it’s also not the first time. In addition if you call taking the high ground is questioning this insulting behaviour then so be it. I’m not using any insults as others have. I’m calling for people’s opinion and a little sledging is fine with me as I know I’m an outsider.

Furthermore I am a supporter of the Western Force and the Brumbies. I do want to see the Force do well in Australian rugby S14 and I applauded what the team has achieved and what the Force Wallabies have accomplish this year.

I do think that Matt Giteau would be exceedingly embarrassed when getting around in Perth because his was the key face used to scam the mums and dads of Perth for likely over 40 million dollars and a total of 80 million world wide. I would be embarrassed…that’s my opinion…From the original Giteau deal 3 have the individuals involved have left in extenuating circumstances, the firepower CEO, preceding Force CEO and the player Agent. So why be so surprised that the Giteau impasse gets some added attention in the media and on blog site.

Questioning the Force media issues and talking about possible outcomes will not bring down the Force. However poor business decisions and mismanaged PR issues may damage the club long-term and none of us want that…including me. This is my opinion…

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Geez Mud.. did you get dudded by Firepower or something?

As for Gits being responsible for the loss of $38m by "mums and dads" who invested in Firepower because of his face is a pretty long bow.

My personal opinion on whos fault it was?

Their own personal greed.

Sorry if you feel I am a bully. I'm really a teddy bear.

vCash
    Gerry I agree about their greed...Firepower used a number of high profile faces to build the pull off the scam...Unforunately for Giteau he was the biggest profile in the local town... He chance the cash as well...

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ntentID=110897

"Wallabies coach Robbie Deans is optimistic Matt Giteau will choose country over cash and not try to walk away from Australian rugby to chase riches in France.

Although he plans to spend the next fortnight or so weighing up his options after receiving a massive offer to join Bayonne on a deal that would net him almost $10 million over four years, Giteau is believed to be leaning towards staying put.

As tempting as the megabucks deal may be, Giteau also realises his options are limited."

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    He might be looking at his long-term career plans including post 2011…the next six years. He's about mid carer so that’s a sensible plan to assess how he should divide up the next 3 years and what sort of terms he should have in his Australian provincial club contract. While JON and the ARU are adamant that Giteau stays until 2011, in a couple of years the Wallabies system may be open to OZ foreign players. In some ways the market will control the end result. We’re in a time when people sign contracts but want out clauses. I don’t think Giteau is any different.

He’ll stay here until after the RWC. He'll wont a shot as flyhalf at the next RWC..If he these prices from the north now, he will also get a good price later for his services. He'll stay he can endeavour to win a S14 championship, Bledisloe cup and RWC bcause sport is about the glory not just the cash. If he leaves early he’ll be remember as the great Australian rugby prospect which didn’t deliver in OZ...

I believe he’ll want to have a good tilt at these goals before moving north…either way if he plays his cards right he’ll do well financially. Those French men can wait...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The best place he can win a Super 14 Championship is with the

And thats why you shouldnt dismiss out of hand that he wont play for them in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    He might be looking at his long-term career plans including post 2011…the next six years. He's about mid carer so that’s a sensible plan to assess how he should divide up the next 3 years and what sort of terms he should have in his Australian provincial club contract. While JON and the ARU are adamant that Giteau stays until 2011, in a couple of years the Wallabies system may be open to OZ foreign players. In some ways the market will control the end result. We’re in a time when people sign contracts but want out clauses. I don’t think Giteau is any different.

thats all very well and good to be looking at your long term plans, but you think he would have already done that considering he signed a contract until 2011, and from the comments coming out of giteaus and JON's mouth, it would also appear that he doesnt have a 'get-out' clause.

On one hand we have Giteau allegedly wanting to move home to his family in Canberra, on the other hand we have Giteau wanting to move away from his family for no other reason but money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    on the other hand we have Giteau wanting to move away from his family for no other reason but money.
    but if the figures are correct (which i doubt on the strength that the club cant afford it on their own, and its once again down the road of 3rd party sponsorship) it is a serious amount of money, and he is a professional player...............

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    John Mitchell is a good coach which I respect; But Giteau has been the key recruit draw card in 2007-8.

Please understand I’m not accusing John Mitchell of being corrupt. What I am saying he managed to get a pay out or part pay out from firepower late 2007 and now has accepted a position on the replacement sponsors board. None of which is illegal or corrupt.

Mitchell looked after his own interests first when he realised the firepower would fail (fair enough) as he is a key stakeholder at the Force but he still has to front the 4-5 force players who are at a financial a loss because of the firepower defaults and most are still waiting for some solution. Personally I can see that these players would feel a little isolated from the problem and it could affect team morale. If this is not the case then it’s all OK…but Mitchell took this risk when he made these decisions so he has to people manage the outcome.

Mudskipper.

Hi - hope you had a great day

just one thing I wanted to clear up. and hope to get your opinion on.

When the South Sydney Rabbitohs told Firepower they no longer wanted them as a sponsor is that as bad as John Mitchell bailing on Firepower or worse?

and who did it first?

thanks

oh and sorry about the confusion before

my bad.

Hope you have a great night

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    thats all very well and good to be looking at your long term plans, but you think he would have already done that considering he signed a contract until 2011, and from the comments coming out of giteaus and JON's mouth, it would also appear that he doesnt have a 'get-out' clause.

On one hand we have Giteau allegedly wanting to move home to his family in Canberra, on the other hand we have Giteau wanting to move away from his family for no other reason but money.
    Could be a ploy. Perhaps he's putting heat on the ARU by threatening to walk as leverage to say I'll stay but I want to renegotiate my Super 14 contract. As it is the ARU want him to fulfill his Force contract but will they really care if they can at least hang onto him?

Hmmm. Maybe thats just the pessimist in me winning over.

Mudskipper- The stock market is gambling. You gamble on a company doing well and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose and as soon as you put your money on that roulette wheel you lose the right to complain about what happens to it. Just happened that Firepower pulled up a green. Life's a bitch.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast