Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Giteau to weigh up $10m French offer

vCash
    No others are reading my speculation as fact. Which is silly. It's only just speculation...I'm just pointing out my interpretation of events, gossip and the odd quote cross...at a blog site nothing more…

I do think many at this site are way to sensitive about the Giteau impasse, state of affairs or contract dealings what even people want to call it...He could have signed with the Force last march but termed them down and did the same again this November in Honkers…

I may be very wrong so be it…but I think not…

Perhaps Gerry could run odds on if Giteau stays on for 2009, leaves for an OZ S14 province elsewhere or signs with the Force until 2011 RWC …

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    I think that because his contract hasn't been honoured in full he wants the change or recompense...and the Force have not offer either…Giteau doesn’t owe the Force or his team-mates anything. He has already delivered in multiples. Half the team has signed because Gits is there. They can get on with the job with John Mitchell who seems to look after his own interests first….As he is on the board of the new force third party sponsor ET mining...

We will see in a few weeks, if differ from many of you on Gits position as you all well know...
    Mudskipper your post just before this was spot on the mark, but you seemed to have lost the plot here.

John Mitchell, moved countries brought his family with teenage kids, which is not easy to do at the best of times, took on a new franchise with a bunch of kids who could not get a gig at another Super 14 franchise plus one or two wallabies and made our francise competitive within a few short years. Testament to his efforts where the number of Wallabies from the Force this spring tour, he too also lost money with the Firepower debacle.

So much for look him looking after his own interest.

Iam sure a great number of Force supporters as well as myself and the players are grateful for his efforts and contract extention. Well done John Mitchell.

vCash
    then why do you shoot down every other opinion?

TG unfortunately mud man is not a showbag, the crap in showbags is at least amusing/usefull for a short time at least
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Back to the topic:

Like any business deal, If Matt gets an offer like he has it is hard to turn away from it as it is extra ordinarily good. However, as he has other contracts in place he should need to compensate the others for the value they placed on him. In a nutshell the request for an early release from the Force needs to include something from him and / or his new employers to compensate the Force for the value the placed on for the year and the same applies to the ARU contract.

vCash
    Swee… the deal offered asserted he stays with the Force until 2011 and only then he would be reconciled for part of his loss. It clearly wasn’t what he wants after 2009.

Further more, I know he's contracted and won't be released by the ARU...I'm just talking about the broader negotiations...clearly you guys don't negotiate business deals for a living. It will be have some leverage only…the ARU still needs to sell rugby to the Aussie public and its easier with a star longer term…

I'm sure he really is just flattered by the offer French...

Showbags that's a nice sledge, gerry…but you have nothing constructive to say…just insults sounds like you can’t justify your position…

Perhaps Gits just wants to sell his house before he looses any more money in the west...
    Mate, the fact that the deal brokered wasn't acceptable to the man doens't mean there wasn't an offer made in the first place. The 'forgone monies' are all part of a third party deal the franchises aren't suppossed to touch, the fact that RWA has been to the ARU to get 'official' permission to do what they can for those affected. None of this jives with this idea that people are hanging gits out to dry or some such rot.

Are the mountain of business deals you apparently broker for a living hinge on peddling blantent untruths???

Where is the place for broader negotiations now?- He just signed the extension this year- the time for (appropriately) getting 'leverage' would have been nine months ago.

Flame- looks like you're about on the money. We shall see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    In a nutshell the request for an early release from the Force needs to include something from him and / or his new employers to compensate the Force for the value the placed on for the year and the same applies to the ARU contract.
    If the owner of Bayonne is of similar mindset to the one at Toulon, Gits will have to dig into his own pocket to pay that compensation. Or maybe he could change religions and get Chock to chuck some money at them.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Mud.
    1. Never assume what someone does for a job.
    2. You assert such things that John Mitchell is wrong/corrupt to accept a position on a board of a dynamic company?
    3. Dont you think that perhaps a web site made up bunch of people strongly supporting the Force in Perth might actually have some contact with players and some of those players might actually be looking at the specualtion you are dishing out?
    4. I'd put up a book but the vBookie wont make much out of your big bets.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Are we all supposed to be silent just because someone from the Force might visit this site?

Each opinion must be weighed and sifted, sure, but each is entitled to be heard. Mudskipper is no fool, whether you agree or disagree with him, and to disregard his views on the basis of the sensibilities of Force players who might read TWF is specious.

Rugby at the elite level is a business, players and clubs have business interests revolving around money, and as public figures both players and clubs are legitimate targets for speculation and analysis.

If they don't like it, they can revert to amateurism.Then it's nobody's business but theirs.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

An Open Letter to Mudskipper

Mudskipper

Hello, hi, how are you doing?

I just wanted to have a word with you and talk to you about your modus operandi with posts here on TWF. First let me state for the record, I am not in a position to tell you, or anyone else what can be written or not written here in the pages of TWF, but what I and others here on TWF are getting sick and tired of is your continual criticism of RugbyWA and its Management and Coaching Staff and as soon as one of us has the audacity to criticize you for it you take the moral high ground.

Now being that we live in Australia and everyone is entitled to free speech its all fine and good to have your opinion and being that the majority of us live in Australia or other countries that allow free speech shouldn't we be allowed to have a differing opinion. So should we express our disagreement of your opinion why cant you either accept that there is a differing opinion - perhaps even listen to an opinion other than that provided by the writing staff of the Sydney Morning Herald.

TWF is a Western Force fan website. Consequently the people who are members and readers of this website have a passionate interest in all things Western Force. Why don't you? You have been here a while now, I am just not so sure why.

have a nice day.

Your friend,

Exile

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Er, Exile, I personally found Mudskipper's contributions challenging, but without the invictive of some other posters from the East (although he with the NewTestament name has become much more civilised lately).

If someone is not personally insulting, why attack him for his views? Better, I say to beat him in argument, or if that is not possible, ignore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    thats according to John. not the IRB.
    John isnt the only person at the ARU. and could you really see anyone not letting him play again if he was to leave australia for a year or two, and then come back? who would deny a player of his ability a posistion? when he has the ability to change a game.
    Scott Staniforth has done it, Matt Giteau would too.

I really hope he doesn't bugger Aussie Rugby just for money, that would change my opinion of him.

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    fulvio - when some midnight marauder from the east attacks my good buddy Gerry - i have to jump to his defense one way or another, now I will admit that it was not one of my better efforts, as you can appreciate my brain isn't quite up for it these days.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I think that because his contract hasn't been honoured in full he wants the change or recompense...and the Force have not offer either…Giteau doesn’t owe the Force or his team-mates anything.
    Bullshit, he owes the Force season 2009 because he's signed a contract. Now he can try to negotiate an early release to that contract but even that involves a certain amount of going back on your word. If this current media stunt is the first move in a negotiation tactic to get whatever it is he wants (which could just be a shitload more money and he doesn't care where he plays) you'd have to think he's just gotten a bit greedy given that the have paid him in full up until now and the only money he's short of is money which his AGENT arranged for him and not the The sought special permission to negotiate third party on his behalf and found a deal, which he rejected.....so when you say he owes the nothing My rebuttal proves he owes the a helluva lot more than they owe him!

C'mon the

vCash
    Don't know about that Ex, the brain that is. Seems perfectly fine to me.

Gerry's a brawler from way back, enjoys a good stouch, and isn't afraid to say it as he sees it. Doesn't always make him right though, even if he usually is, and may well be on this one.

Still don't think we should be afraid of whether what we say here unduly offends the Force or Force players, but.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Back to the topic:

Like any business deal, If Matt gets an offer like he has it is hard to turn away from it as it is extra ordinarily good. However, as he has other contracts in place he should need to compensate the others for the value they placed on him. In a nutshell the request for an early release from the Force needs to include something from him and / or his new employers to compensate the Force for the value the placed on for the year and the same applies to the ARU contract.
    You sound like you negotiate business deals for a living Tazz, is Jargan full of shit or is it Mudskipper?

C'mon the

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast