Thread: Wallabies must match Wales for enthusiasm, says Brown

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Wallabies must match Wales for enthusiasm, says Brown

Wallabies must match Wales for enthusiasm, says Brown

November 26, 2008 - 2:20PM

Returning No.8 Richard Brown says the Wallabies must outdo Wales in the enthusiasm stakes if they wish to complete an unbeaten spring tour of Europe on Saturday.

With Wycliff Palu out with a shoulder injury, Wallabies coach Robbie Deans on Tuesday had no hesitation recalling the energetic Brown, who missed the weekend win over France after dislocating his right pinkie against England at Twickenham a fortnight ago.

"I dislocated it and I put it back in myself a couple of times but then it just kept dislocating and then it dislocated real bad and the doc couldn't get it back in," Brown said.

"We got it back in once and then it came out again so the fourth time I said 'that's enough'. If it didn't want to stay in, I thought there's not much point in keeping playing."

While the injury continues to trouble Brown - who joked "I'll have to throw lefts" if there's a stink at Millennium Stadium - he said nothing would stop him doing his bit to help the Wallabies complete their first four-Test sweep of Europe since 1996.

"I think the feeling is this is our last Test of the year so this is how we want to be remembered, so we want to go out there and do it justice," he said.

"And my feeling is similar. You just want to go out there and give it your best shot.
    "Go out there and have a good decent crack and see what happens."

After letting a halftime lead slip against the All Blacks last Saturday and also blowing a golden opportunity against the Springboks two weeks prior, the Welsh have one last chance to claim a Tri Nations scalp before opening their Six Nations title defence in February.

"They're going to be bang up for it," Brown said.

"Watching the New Zealand game, I think they're up for challenges and I think they're going to be for this one.

"I think those defeats will just add to their enthusiasm. So we'll just have to match it and better it."

AAP

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/n...491612104.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "I dislocated it and I put it back in myself a couple of times but then it just kept dislocating and then it dislocated real bad and the doc couldn't get it back in," Brown said.

"We got it back in once and then it came out again so the fourth time I said 'that's enough'. If it didn't want to stay in, I thought there's not much point in keeping playing."

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Been there, done that...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....