Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Waugh returns to Wallabies starting line-up for Wales Test

vCash
    Blackswan… if your are a Wallabies supporter a good start is not to use the NZ vernacular when talking about our national team the Wobblies is NZ slang... this year is the only year that counts and yes Waugh and Dunning will know their game better than Alexander or Kepu. George Smith needs a rest, he'll do 20-30 minutes second half...
    Do you have anything to add to the pre-match conversation.... or are you just commenting on others thoughts? Wales are using their second choice fly and have a under confident centre pairing...Their forwards are manageable...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    if your are a Wallabies supporter a good start is not to use the NZ vernacular when talking about our national team the Wobblies is NZ slang...
    I have heard it and read it in a wide range of Australian media
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Yep…but its a NZ put down...old...post Knuckles should not be used... it's worthy of a smite... and Aussies using it sucks…New ear under Deans and NZer who would never let the word pass his lips…You see we let them in and we start calling our own team by their slang...bad bros...

vCash
    and Aussies using it sucks
    In your opinion, but it is still a widely used term

vCash
    the Wobblies is NZ slang...
    Yep…but its a NZ put down...old...post Knuckles should not be used... it's worthy of a smite... and Aussies using it sucks…New ear under Deans and NZer who would never let the word pass his lips…You see we let them in and we start calling our own team by their slang...bad bros...
    I've used it several times before and I've never even been to New Zealand. I guess you'll need to look up every post since I started on this forum and smite me......There's nothing wrong with calling them the Wobblies when they're.....well....wobbly.

BTW the Welsh have a pretty good pack... that whole grand slam in the Six nations thing attests to that. even with a dodgy centre pairing they'll be a test simply because they've beaten all the European teams we've met on this tour in the last six months......OK they have changed a few thigs up and mightn't be as strong (or lucky) as then, but they're not exactly mugs.

Trestle and Donut will survive this one, because Deansey and Jim have obviously been teaching them how to play rugby. Any sort of a platform from the pack will result in a spanking through the backs. I'm calling Brown dog for a big game, simply because he'll have to with Washed up Waugh on the field. Sharpie will have another blinder which will be summarily ignored by the media and whoever is locking the other side will be credited with anything good done by the pack......Sounds like a usual Test match to me.

I'm going to tip Drew-Boy for a meat pie this week too. He'll just get bloody sick of booting the ball back (you could see him starting to get antsy last week) and run a swathe through them to score!

C'mon the

vCash
    GIGS most of what you posted makes you sound like you know what your talking about..............not the disjointed ramblings of some random from Sydney who likes mud..............
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    dd??
    What does dd sound like? Two 'd's? That's just crazy..

And th? Dear God...
    th as in thinking (but a bit softer sound)

dd as in ........................ummm............. as in the

vCash
    Blackswan… if your are a Wallabies supporter a good start is not to use the NZ vernacular when talking about our national team the Wobblies is NZ slang... this year is the only year that counts and yes Waugh and Dunning will know their game better than Alexander or Kepu. George Smith needs a rest, he'll do 20-30 minutes second half...

Wales are using their second choice fly and have a under confident centre pairing...Their forwards are manageable...

It would be a mistake to underestimate the Welsh pack. As six nations champions they have clearly been more than adequate against the likes of England - who, until 2 weeks ago, were held in some fear and trepidation by most Aussie journo's and supporters. Anyone who watched last week's match against the Bliks and previously the 'Boks would know that they will not be a pushover. The Wobblies pack on the other hand had a good game against England but struggled a bit against France last week. There will be stiff competition up front.

As for the backs, Stephen Jones is certainly no 'second choice'. Wales have shared the duties at 10 between Jones and Hook for two years, starting with either and then replacing with the other at some point in the second half. They play different types of games and this offers the Welsh opportunities to change their game plan to suit how each match is unfolding. Jamie Roberts and Tom Shanklin didn't do badly in the last two games. One silly mistake let the Boks in for an intercept try but apart from that Shanklin has played his normal strong running game whilst Jamie Roberts is class and one to watch in coming years. Lee Burns is a good full back who has played well in the last two weeks against two of the strongest teams in the world.

Recent matches between the two have produced some of the better rugby played by the Wobblies and the matches have mostly been entertaining running rugby with lots of tries scored - by both teams. This promises to be the best match of the November period.

I should be in London now, with two tickets for the match. Instead the trip was cancelled Tuesday and my two tickets ($300 each !) are sitting in an envelope in the hotel going to waste. Unless someone knows of anyone in London who would like to pick them up and go to the match. Gratis to a good home.

vCash
    Green and gold rugby may be interested, if he hasn't already snavelled up tickets...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    The Wallabies disrespect surprizes me with at the Force supporters site. I thought you were all immensely proud of having a few Force chaps in the line up. Cny-o-files smite your Wobblies NZ speak and mutterings…Think only of self-righteous Wallabies stuff...

Redemption can still be yours if you denounce your malevolent ways and repent before the Cardiff kick off. Please save yourselves…and don’t regress back into the evil darkness of NZ speak because we are now the era of Rugby Lord Deans…and all things not Connolly nor Eddie Jones… Salvation can be yours good people… except if you’re Welsh this week…

Enjoy the match rugby Brothers and Sisters it will be a cracker

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Speaking of Aus v Wales, anyone going to Rosie's?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    The Wallabies disrespect surprizes me with at the Force supporters site. I thought you were all immensely proud of having a few Force chaps in the line up. Cny-o-files smite your Wobblies NZ speak and mutterings…Think only of self-righteous Wallabies stuff...

Redemption can still be yours if you denounce your malevolent ways and repent before the Cardiff kick off. Please save yourselves…and don’t regress back into the evil darkness of NZ speak because we are now the era of Rugby Lord Deans…and all things not Connolly nor Eddie Jones… Salvation can be yours good people… except if you’re Welsh this week…

Enjoy the match rugby Brothers and Sisters it will be a cracker
    "surprises".

"Cny-o-files"?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Someone stop giving mud sooo much coffee....

Up his dose of sedatives...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Decoding mudskipper

Cyn-o-files meaning “Cynical fellowship”
    Surprizes meaning “new software glitch”

Just making it fun rugby fans….

vCash
    Decoding mudskipper

Cyn-o-files meaning “Cynical fellowship”
    Surprizes meaning “new software glitch”
    I'm still lost!

were you saying we are doing good or doing bad?

C'mon the

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast