Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Western Force coach John Mitchell to become Aussie citizen

vCash
    i don't think a Coach with Robbie Deans resume will have to go anywhere. He will probably be offered many jobs and when the All Blacks choke in 2011 he will stroll into Graham Henry's seat. The NZRU won't turn him down twice. Given that Deans has stated that he still wants to coach the AB's, I feel that Australia must have a succesion contingency in place whether or not Aussie Rob moves on
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    perhaps we will see in time

vCash
    you still haven't said why you don't think Mitchell could be a Wallabies coach one day
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    you still haven't said why you don't think Mitchell could be a Wallabies coach one day
    Posted via Mobile Device
    That's what I thought too.

John Mitchell has been in the coach's box for 3 seasons. I have enjoyed those immensely, possibly the first season most of all. His record of bringing players through is pretty good, especially in the back row. There's been very few negative rumblings about the bloke since he got here, even from the media and that;s an achievement in itself. He seems to like WA as much as I do (I know deep down you do too jargs ) and I'm more than happy for him to stay and for him to take the Wallaby position when the opportunity arises. Camp Wallaby in Mandurah sounds pretty good too.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Jacobs Ladder would need to be replaced if all those heffalumps started using it every year!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Camp Wallaby in Mandurah sounds pretty good too.
    Sounds good. Maybe if we are lucky the players will molest/hammer throw a few of the Mandurah locals.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Unless he wins a Super championship he won't get the Wallabies job...I can't see the ARU awarding the head post to a past master without any current form... His All Blacks record will be a longer be so relevant by 2011...

Mitchell needs results in the next 3 years. Get the Force a championship, get into the semis a few times. There is also a question over his leadership style, talk to a NZer who rugby savvy they’ll let you what they think, different issue but much like David Nucifora which could unstitch his claim for the Wallabies coaching post.

But most of all I think Deans will stay until 2015 by then there will be other strong candidates’... 2012 Mitchell will go north…

By 2011 a new coach for the Force would be a good thing...

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    By 2011 a new coach for the Force would be a good thing...
    Especially for papers from your part of the world that like generating negative stories about the Force.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Sounds good. Maybe if we are lucky the players will molest/hammer throw a few of the Mandurah locals.
    Yeah that would give the wise men from the east some issues to expose. Great idea, James.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I think the Force crew do a good job of supplying the press ongoing material without much assistance. At least we’re reading about you guys. However it might all change under CEO Harris if he can taken some control. Mitchell latest statement to the press “I want to be the Wallabies coach” won’t help when Deans is settling in and is becoming our favourite new Aussie-NZer as we are a little over Russel Crowe. Undoubtedly there will be a lot of press interest in Giteau and the force impasse once he is back in the country...

Don’t feel duped the papers over here handbag the other provinces continually, more so in fact.

The Tahs get beaten publicly as a weekly event in Sydney and their board members are forever leaking undermining stories to the press. The Brumbies get horse whipped just for being outsiders and past achievers...and told to sell up and move to Melbourne. I think that’s because they can't stand the idea of the 2 time Super Champions just down the freeway. The Reds just get never ending low performance reports and where is the next John Eales QLD…

At the ARU the cleaner usually gets the blame for telling the press all the in house gossip which often lubricates the endless columns of the SMH Chief Rugby Correspondent.

At least the west adds colour…...your not alone....

vCash
    At least we can all agree on one thing, the chief rugby correspondant is one mighty pie eating tool....

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2